Copies of Bravely Default are Flying across Japan

Posted by Orla Madden

Accompanied by fairies, too

Since its release in October 2012 in Japan, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy has been what can be considered a success, shipping 300,000 copies across Japan.

Speaking with 4Gamer, Producer Tomoyo Asano revealed the figure, while saying he believes that at the end of the month the sales figures will equal those that shipped:

Yes, I’d like to report to everyone that Bravery Default has broken over 300,000 copies shipped. I think by the end of the month, the sales numbers will achieve 300,000.

During the interview, Asano also teased at some upcoming developments at Square Enix:

The official [Bravely Default] Twitter account has been in a silent state lately, partly because the consumer camp has been all out of information. However, from this year to about next year, I’m thinking there are a lot of things that I want to prepare for everyone to look forward to, so please continue to follow the Twitter account. I want to share information with everyone as soon as developments start again, so thank you in advance.

We won't get too excited just yet, but is it possible that a Western release may be on the horizon?

[via 4gamer.net, nintendoeverything.com]

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

Western release, yes please, with a cherry on top............ imagine if all video games came with a cherry on top, yeah I know i'm so random.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

While I want it to be a Western release...I think this'll be about the already-announced sequel...

Dragmedown

Dragmedown said:

This needs to come west. Have it come post X and Y and you'll have yourself a winner.

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

This needs to come to the west, and so does Terry's wonderland!! As for DQvii I'm sure that will, if not the heads at SE will roll xD

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I think it will sell that and them some over in the west. Make it happen and make some money!!

Oregano

Oregano said:

Considering Project X Zone, Code of Princess and Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers are getting/been localised Square Enix has no excuse.

Especially considering its massive success in Japan.

DePapier

DePapier said:

Can't they just put it on the eShop like everyone else is doing or planning to do so? Jeez...

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

Nintendo should step in and make this happen. But I'm sure we'll hear about it during E3 or a Nintendo Direct broadcast. :) They aren't going to let this one slip. Hell, even Project X Zone gets a western release due to an increasing install-base.

A lot of people are selling their Vita and buying a 3DS XL. And I hear of more DS owners upgrading. 3DS is only going to get bigger this year. Gotta love Nintendo. Hardware-wise, the 3DS is perhaps their best yet.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Five games Square needs to bring to NA:

• SaGa II
  • SaGa III
  • Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
  • Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland
  • Dragon Quest VII

For this gen, Final Fantasy games doesn't interest me anymore. After seeing the new Monolith Soft Wii U RPG and having played Ni no Kuni, my interest for FF Versus XIII and Type-0 are gone, had play the Asian version of Type-0 and didn't like it. Tried All the Bravest and it was crap, tried Dimensions and it was an After Year clone, not very good. Also not looking forward to Lightning Returns and A Realm Reborn either, born titles doesn't look promising anymore.

Rapido

Rapido said:

Y U NO Release in the West Squenix? Can't you realize the heated anticipation? I've been waiting for this ever since this was announce.

P.S. Please also release a sequel for TWEWY. :)

Dandalfa00

Dandalfa00 said:

Chant with me: West.Ern.Release... West.Ern.Release... West.Ern.Release. I mean c'mon. I made a promise to buy Xenoblade and The Last Story if they came West and did I? Of course. If this comes west, I promise to buy... so bring it West and get my 40 bucks?

Rapido

Rapido said:

@TheLilK98
That feels depressing man. It would be wise for them not to SPOIL the great game.

Bring TWEWY to a proper handheld and make improvements to the game graphic wise and more innovations on the Battle System. Bringing the game to the mobile market just doesn't feel right.

Back to BD: FF, Bring this awesome RGP over, NOW!! Wishful thinkin.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

One of those copies was bought by me! I love that game...even though I barely get to play it since I'm so busy...

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

WHEN this comes to NA (I hope I hope I hope) I will pre-order the moment it is announced. I would, and I'm sure many of you out there as well, love a Limited Edition or Collector's Edition.

@Windy You love Europe so much you should just marry it already... lol jk. At least you care about something/someone else other than yourself! Hopefully everyone that would like it gets the game in their territory.