Nintendo Brings Heat to Black Friday With Flame Red 3DS Deal

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Includes Super Mario 3D Land on the system

The Black Friday weekend is almost upon us, an annual shopping frenzy in North America that's gradually creeping into retailers in other territories. Naturally, companies are seeking attention and offering tasty deals to part you from your cash, and Nintendo's no different.

It's been confirmed that, starting on 23rd November, Nintendo will make available a new flame red 3DS bundle that includes Super Mario 3D Land on the system as a pre-installed file. This is a slight variation on a bundle from last year that included the same game as a boxed copy, so this time you won't have to worry about digging out the pesky game card if you want to play a few levels. It'll be available at a recommended cost of $169.99, a price that essentially makes the game free, judging by suggested retail rates.

The same press release also confirms that 3DS has sold nearly six million units in the U.S, though Nintendo will no doubt want that number to get a big boost over the Holiday period. If you're still on the fence about 3DS or the included Mario adventure, meanwhile, perhaps our Super Mario 3D Land review will help.

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

My bro is thinking about getting this, he wants to get a 3DS in within the next week or so.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

i don't see why they wouldn't make it a XL bundle, instead. Super Mario 3D Land looks better on the bigger screen.

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

This is an awesome deal for those just wanting to get a 3DS, but Nintendo needs to bring some new XL colors for those who want to upgrade or just enter with the bigger handheld. Some limited edition XL's would be nice too. I am grateful for what I currently have though :D

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Check around. If this is going to be a major draw to retail stores they often compete with deals on top of deals on Black Friday. For instance, Target near us is selling this for $150 on Black Friday.

Looks like 3DS XL is still going to be skipped for deals this year. I bet you it's making profit for Nintendo and those serious about the size of the screen are willing to pay. It IS a huge difference and I wouldn't even consider buying a 3DS if the XL wasn't an option, so it's probably a good move on Nintendo's part.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

This is REALLY tempting, as I really want a 3DS AND Mario 3D Land... :O

I DO have the money for it, but if I were to buy it now, I'd be completely broke afterward. AGAIN.
Hmmmmmm...

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

For a moment I thought it was a 3DSXL bundle. Would have got it for my son since I have an XL for myself but he has yet to get an XL but since its just the 3DS I will pass on this deal.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

Is this a new shade of red?
It would make more sense with the name if it was more orange-ish.

Jeremyx7

Jeremyx7 said:

This is the same bundle deal I attained at last year's black friday for $170.

Nardar

Nardar said:

I really wish they announce a 3DS XL bundle. Reggie mentioned a while back about releasing a White or Silver one but didn't say when.

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

You know what would have been cool? If Nintendo sold a gold 3DS XL bundle, with New Super Mario Bros. 2 inside.

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

I got the legend of Zelda 3ds last year and the design on it's really cool

Hoerig

Hoerig said:

I have no regrets on getting the 200$ one last year with the cartridge :P

Megajack

Megajack said:

Would have intersted me... :p My sister may want this but she wants MK7, not 3D Land.

DSLayton

DSLayton said:

The Flame Red Super Mario Land 3D and Special Edition Black Zelda 3DS were great holiday bundles last year! Where are the creative holiday bundles? Pink 3DS with Nintendogs came closer to Christmas last year, so we'll see. Maybe as things get closer.