Crimson Shroud Confirmed for 13th December Release On 3DS eShop

Posted by Damien McFerran

Third Guild01 titles gets a confirmed date

Level-5 has confirmed that Yasumi Matsuno's Crimson Shroud will launch on the North American and European 3DS eShop on 13th December.

This is the third game to be taken from the Japan-only Guild01 collection, with Liberation Maiden and Aero Porter having already made the jump to the west. The fourth game on the collection - Rental Bukiya de Omasse - is not coming out of Japan.

Crimson Shroud promises old-school RPG action, and shares a lot of visual similarities with Matsuno's previous works, such as Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story.

[via eurogamer.net]

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

There was no game play footage in the video, which seems pointless pointing up.
Apart from that I am looking forward to the game. :) The screen shots look promising

RR529

RR529 said:

@Gamesake, it's a mixture of table top RPG, and video game RPG. There's a story & the characters talk, but they're literally game pieces sliding around a virtual game board, and shake when attacking or getting attacked, from what I can gather (same with enemies). Also, dice are rolled to determine your moves.

Needless to say, that table top gameplay is either going to make, or break, the game.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

Dat japanese went by so fast in the video >:[ I wouldn't be able to read that fast in English :(
Seems cool though. More FFTactics is always a good thing

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

I really did not see the point in putting the video up. There is no game play footage and most people would not know what some of the Japanese means?

But I do like RPG games, so I guess if I see some footage and more screen shots it is a buy for me :)

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Crimson Shroud is my most anticipated of the 3 Guild 01 games we're getting, hopefully it doesn't let me down :p

machomuu

machomuu said:

Awesome, this is the one out of the three games that I wanted most. Can't wait until they reveal more (though there's little doubt that I'll be getting it).

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

With due respect to Liberation Maiden and Aero Porter, this is the Guild01 game I've been looking forward to most.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

I have an exam the next day but maybe I'll download it for after my exam :)

Edit: If you go to the youtube of this and look at the description, it has all the text that flashes by

Falk_Sturmfels

Falk_Sturmfels said:

You can see some short gameplay moments on youtube when you search for GUILD 01 - gameplay et cinematics. It really looks like a tabletop game.

WildMan

WildMan said:

I'll have to wait and see how this turns out. It definitely has the potential to be a good game..

Squashie

Squashie said:

I'm very much excited about this game - but it would have been nice to have seen some form of Gameplay footage in the trailer.

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

Can't wait! I love most RPGs and never having had the chance to play a tabletop one, I'm dying to play this.

Windy

Windy said:

The 3d Pictures of this game look pretty cool. Check the eshop from the 3DS then click on details for Crimson Shroud. Then click on the pics they are in 3d and it looks really good. I'm excited it looks good. Anyone know what they plan to charge for this game?

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

I'm still waiting on Unchained Blades to come out. shouldn't that have been out by now?

Weedy

Weedy said:

@Windy Ooo, 3D pics I'll check them out later. Price of Lib Maiden was £7.19 ($7.99) and Aero Porter was £4.49 ($4.99) so I'm expecting a similar price point, maybe slightly more than Lib Maiden because I imagine there would have been more text to translate.
Looking forward to this as an early Christmas Present.

Windy

Windy said:

@Weedy Thanks weedy I would imagine it should be comparable to the Liberation Maiden pricing which would be great! Liberation maiden although short was a ton of fun. Downloaded the minute I see it in the Eshop! Holy cow this coming from a guy against the digital download revolution. I guess I'm on board now. If Guild 01 is ever released in Cart form i'm so buying it! LOL

Windy

Windy said:

I am Itching to get this it looks great. I'm hoping it plays like a game on Ipad and Android Called Knights Pen and Paper. Although this in 3d and has updated graphics Knights Pen and Paper is a Dungeons and Dragons 8Bit Pen and Paper adventure that is worthy of any system and is an absolute Joy to play. I would highly recommend the game if any of you dabble with Android and Ipad gaming. Let me know if you get it and if you like it it has a totally unique twist on RPG's

Edge_Diest

Edge_Diest said:

Definitely buyin' it. I love table RPGs, so this kind of mix between table RPG and JRPG will surely be great!

mozie

mozie said:

looks great from the tiny bit of footage, will prolly wait for a review first though.

Windy

Windy said:

Gettin Excited! Nintendo please post this game at midnight wednesday! LOL 3 days till release