NightSky Lights Up 3DS eShop On 25th October

Posted by Damien McFerran

Starry night

The long-awaited Nicalis title NightSky has finally be given a North American release date, with the 25th October being the day to mark on your calendars.

NightSky started life as a WiiWare release, but never saw the light of day (get it?) and eventually launched on the PC. The 3DS port was confirmed by Nicalis last year.

To quote the developer:

Part action and part physics puzzler, NightSky tests your reflexes and logical thinking. Become the master of an enigmatic sphere by traversing sunset plains, dreary mountains, abandoned ruins and other locales.

[via gonintendo.com]

BenAV

BenAV said:

And probably a PAL release date of... never.
That seems to be the case with most of the good eShop games these days... I think they've forgotten about us or something. D:

KneehighPark

KneehighPark said:

@BenAV Yeah, Nicalis is slacking on European releases. It took forever for VVVVVV to make its way to the other side of the pond. Heck, VVVVVV is JUST coming out in Australia today

iphys

iphys said:

Please be real — no more delays — please, please, please.

RR529

RR529 said:

So, Nicalis will soon have a total of three games on the eShop (VVVVVV, Cave Story, NightSky), all within a year's time!

That's actually a pretty good release track record for eShop. That's equal to, or better than, the release records of other high profile studios (WayForward with 1 release so far, & Renegade Kid with 3 themselves), so they appear to be repairing their rep.

Actually, the only devs that are outpacing them are Nintendo (for obvious reasons), and the lower profile devs that churn out games left & right (UFO, Teyon, Hamster [who does the Nikoli games]).

Marow

Marow said:

I played it on PC, but I didn't really like it. It's a great addition to the eShop, though!

OracleOfTruth

OracleOfTruth said:

About time this showed up. It sounds interesting, but with so many great games being released, I'm not sure if I'll pick it up or not.

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

@BenAV That is certainly a bummer. NA gets treated pretty well (not nearly as well as Japan) but that is where Nintendo was formed, so I can understand that. I still wish there was a way every region could get every game. Digital releases really helps that, I think. I've been interested in this game since the Nintendo Power sneak peak way back when, so good looking out NL

nf_2

nf_2 said:

I have this on my PC. It's a neat little game, and one that I would have preferred to have had on a handheld. I'm not sure if I'll end up buying it or not for the 3DS (that depends entirely on it's price) but I will say if it's worth getting if you've never played it before.

accc

accc said:

This game shouldn't cost $10 on the eshop. I bought it on PC for $2.50. A fair price would be $5.

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

Thank you! Finally! It feels like I've been waiting for this game for years. I actually got it on PC in a Humble Bundle several months ago, and have played through it several times. But I always felt it would be better with a d-pad and buttons. I'm definitely getting this if for no other reason than I'll be able to play it without my cat furiously trying to catch the little black ball rolling around on my computer monitor.

Radixxs

Radixxs said:

Where did gonintendo get this news from? Nicalis hasn't mentioned it at all...