Nintendo In The Game For Golden Joystick Awards

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Your votes can help

It's awards season, once again, with nominations for the 30th Golden Joystick Awards now confirmed and Nintendo games or exclusives featuring in a number of categories. These awards are decided entirely by the public, so if you feel that the big N deserves a chance to win you can have your say.

Below are the nominations for Nintendo-exclusive games.

Best Action/Adventure

Pikmin 3
ZombiU

Ultimate Game of the Year

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Resident Evil Revelations
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

If you do want to vote for any of these titles or, whisper it, the other nominated games or categories, it's as simple as visiting the official website and clicking on a few buttons. The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony at the Westminster Park Plaza hotel on Friday 26th October, and we'll be keeping our eyes on the results.

[via goldenjoystick.com]

BenAV

BenAV said:

Best Action/Adventure: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Best RPG: Xenoblade Chronicles
Best Handheld: Kid Icarus: Uprising
Best Downloadable: Pullblox
Top Gaming Moment: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
One to Watch: Tough one because ZombiU has my interest, but had to go with Pikmin 3
Ultimate Game of the Year: They made the choice a bit easier by not having Xenoblade Chronicles, so I went for Kid Icarus: Uprising... sorry Skyward Sword

Hybrid17

Hybrid17 said:

My vote....
One to Watch

Animal Crossing 3DS ( All I have been able to do for two years is watch Reggie) >.<

birthgirth

birthgirth said:

@Hybrid17 I wish I could go back to Christmas of 2002 when I got Animal Crossing for Gamecube and relive it all. I get crazy nostalgic feelings thinking about Animal Crossing 3DS, I'm hoping I can experience the Animal Crossing greatness once again. That's my One to Watch too.

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

All though I would have loved to say that I voted Pikmin 3 or ZombiU for one to watch, that would be a lie. I voted for the Last of Us, because when that game was unvieled, my head was filled with mindf***
Speaking of mindf***, When Chris gets on the wrong boat... that got my vote.

19Robb92

Best DLC: Portal 2
Top Gaming Moment: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
One To Watch: Bioshock Infinite
Ultimate Game of the Year: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

Yeah Pikmin 3! Sad that the contest is mostly Xbox and PS... I wonder if I'll win the contest. I'd have to get rid of the Vita though ;)

SaSoBe

SaSoBe said:

I don't really care about all these rewards and stuff, but i REALLY hope Xenoblade wins the RPG category!

edhe

edhe said:

MOTHER F@#%ING SPOILERS!

I just received a spoiler in the category for "Top Gaming Moment" (specifically, Resident Evil: Revelations). There were no warnings. Be careful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, so I've just entered the prize draw, and gave them my details, and when it came to verifying my entry by clicking the link sent to my email, I get a blank page with the words:

"You cannot enter into this competition as you have not activated your account."

Which was what I was trying to do. No swag for me.

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

Best Action/Adventure: Zelda: Skyward Sword
Best Fighter: Street Fighter X Tekken
Best RPG: Xenoblade Chronicles
Best Handheld: Resident Evil Revelations
Top Gaming Moment: Resident Evil Revelations
One to watch: Pikmin 3
Ultimate Game of the year: Resident Evil Revelations

Well, I know what my game of the year is!

Swiket

Swiket said:

Best Shooter: ...Tribes?
Best Action/Adventure: Arkham City
Best RPG: Dark Souls
Best Downloadable: Journey
Best DLC: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Best Gaming Moment: Skyrim
One to Watch: BioShock Infinite or The Last of Us
Ultimate Game of the Year: Dark Souls

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

@A-Hungry-Banker Make that the overall lack of Nintendo/Nintendo related companies. Freaking Sony and Microsoft take up 99% of the choices in all categories except the handheld division.

I-U

I-U said:

I only voted for best RPG and handheld due to lack of preferred entries in the other categories. I voted Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario 3D Land respectively.

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

Am I correct in thinking that the self described "only gaming awards voted for by the gaming public" Golden Joystick Awards only open to voting by the European gaming public? It seems like I tried to vote in these last year but at the very end was told I couldn't because I lived outside the UK or something like that. I can't find anywhere on the site where it says who can vote (I'm pretty sure I'm ineligible for the prize drawing regardless) and I don't want to waste my time again if it's going to tell me at the very end that I can't. Does anyone here have the answer to my problem?

evildevil97

evildevil97 said:

Disappointed Sly 4 wasnt nominated for "one to watch". Had to settle for Pikmin 3 there, and I'm not a huge fan of that series (yet!). Nintendo-wise, I voted Pushmo and Mario Kart 7, as well.

Shock_Tart

Shock_Tart said:

Ultimate Game of the Year

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Resident Evil Revelations
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

that is such a hard choice for me hoenstly x_x could i just pick all three?

atariman

atariman said:

@Shock_Tart
The best game of the year is Mutant Mudds for the 3DS eshop, the best game of 2011 is Centipede Infestation for 3DS . the best game of 2010 is Atari Greatest Hits for Nintendo DS. so what I'm trying to say is I like your list of best games of the year, but there are a hole lot more games that came out this year.

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

Best Action/Adventure: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Best RPG: Xenoblade Chronicles
Best Handheld: Kid Icarus: Uprising
Best Downloadable: Pullblox
Top Gaming Moment: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
(I just copied what Ben AV wrote!)

Varia01

Varia01 said:

Do you guys mind seeing how I review games:
11/10:Legendary
10:Perfect
9:Awesome
8:Excellent
7:Great
6:Good
5:OK
4:Bad
3:Terrible
2:Devastating
1:Broken
0:Nothing
The only game I've played out of these is Skyward Sword and my review for it is 9.5/10. Shame Metroid didn't release a game close enough to 2012... Or is it because joystick awards is one of those who hated Other M (Seriously! It is a Awesome (9) game!). Nintendo didn't even make a 25th birthday game for Metroid last year! (Curses!!!)

Varia01

Varia01 said:

Ugh... didn't mean to put the emotions up there.. here is what I meant to say:
10: Perfect