E3 2012: Project Happiness Trailer is Adorably Wistful

Posted by James Newton

Pokémon artist on board

Harvest Moon creator Yasuhiro Wada has a new studio and a new game in the works, currently codenamed Project Happiness. TOYBOX, Rising Star Games and Natsume have just released the first teaser trailer for the game and it looks very much like Wada's signature style.

The voiceover will sound familiar to Little King's Story players, and the art style rings a few bells too: character design was handled by Pokémon series artist Atsuko Nishida. Best of all is famed Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu is providing the soundtrack; sounds like Wada has some pretty powerful connections in the Japanese development community. Or maybe he just has dirt on a lot of people.

It might look like a Facebook-style game but we've been assured it's not browser-based, and with Wada's past history on Nintendo platforms there's hope we'll be playing Project Happiness on a Nintendo console in the near future.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

if this came to a nintendo platform then nintendo would have announced it at one of there conferences at this year's E3.

oh wait!
nintendo isnt announcing new games...i forgot

looks insanely boring tbh.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

It looks like a boring facebook game but if its not coming out until 2013 then they must be putting a lot into it so maybe it will be better than it looks.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

^VG Cats!

And yeah, I'm not sure about the gameplay in this, looks kinda odd, but I doubt that's even a fraction of what you do in the game. I'm still keeping my hopes up for now.

Squid

Squid said:

If I can't fight stuff then it's a no. I'm not really a fan at all of those types of games. But the style's cute.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

This is ... vague. A game where you buy round fruit. But "what would you choose?" Don't know. Guess I'll find out next time I pick fruit at the grocery. I think this is a bit to under baked to have a trailer like this full of vague phrases. It suggests almost nothing. Thanks for the article though because the list of people involved was far more interesting than the video.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Hmmm, I don't know. I have to see more before I can make any judgement.

grimbldoo

grimbldoo said:

"What would you do? A boy and a girl" ...<__< I'd rather not go to jail thank you.

arrmixer

arrmixer said:

agree with aaronsullivan, I think my wife might like this game... not my cup of tea really...