Ubisoft Readying Seven Wii U Games

Posted by James Newton

Let's play the name game

Ubisoft's throwing its considerable weight behind Wii U with no fewer than seven games in development, CEO Yves Guillemot has revealed.

Speaking to investors (as reported by GamesIndustry.biz) Guillemot confirmed the publisher is a "very strong" supporter of Wii U, with five casual and two core titles in the works.

Guillemot didn't go into much more detail about which games fall into which camps, though he did point to Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth as a title with considerable casual appeal.

Here's the Ubisoft Wii U line-up of confirmed games so far:

Killer Freaks from Outer Space
Rayman Legends
Assassin's Creed III
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online

Strong rumours surround Your Shape, and Just Dance is practically a cast iron certainty.

It's worth noting Ubisoft isn't saying it'll launch all these games with Wii U, just that they're in development, so don't expect a Ubi overload come Q3.

[via gamesindustry.biz]

seronja

seronja said:

nice to know some enthusiasm about a system of a 3rd party compnay =)

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Early support is very good. How about some Beyond Good and Evil 2 perhaps?

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Rabbids Party Legends. You heard it first! I think NL are pretty much spot on with their predictions. I also think we'll see all those games within the first 12 months of Wii U's life.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@ajcismo I don't know about BG&E2 on the WiiU. I read on Pushsquare that the company making it said it won't run on current gen hardware - meaning the PS3 and Xbox360 - so I doubt it will run on the WiiU based on current rumours of the hardware specs.

I can't beelive Ninty announced no date or price announcement at E3. We want to know. Though I'm currently OK w/ the rumoured Oct. date.

thebluelight1

thebluelight1 said:

did this really need to be confirmed? Ubisoft pretty much get mega excited at every console launch

3dbrains

3dbrains said:

Killer Freaks from Outer Space CORE
Rayman Legends CASUAL
Assassin's Creed III CORE
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth CASUAL

I think the two 'core' titles are obvious.

Xilef

Xilef said:

So were does Rayman legends fit? Core or Casual? Somewere between?

IsawYoshi

IsawYoshi said:

Here's the Ubisoft Wii U line-up of confirmed games so far:

Killer Freaks from Outer Space
Rayman Legends
Assassin's Creed III
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online

What??? Only two core games??? KFFOS, AC3 and TCGRO are all core games from ubi!

tardis10

tardis10 said:

Here's hoping that Ninty will have a strong line-up of their own, and won't have to rely on Ubisoft like they did on Capcom with the 3DS

SMW

SMW said:

All I need is Rayman and Killer Freaks. Killer Freaks is my kind of shooter! Those killer freaks are adorable. I'd almost kill for a plushie! Yes I know I'm crazy.

Pod

Pod said:

Ubisoft has released over a hundred boxed games for Wii and is, outside Nintendo, the company that has made the most money from the white wonder.

Good to have them on board with strong support from the beginning. But let's hope there's less 4x4 Offroad and FarCry Vengeance this time.