Theatrhythm Gets the Nobuo Uematsu Tears of Approval

Posted by James Newton

Tracks of his tears

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is released in Japan tomorrow, combining rhythm action with — you guessed it — Final Fantasy. Long-time series composer Nobuo Uematsu just played the game for the first time, and it certainly seemed to strike a chord (sorry) with the legendary musician.

Uematsu tweeted:

I played Theatrhythm Final Fantasy for the first time today. Not too shabby! As I remembered various things from the past 20 years, I was reduced to tears. FF music fans should definitely play it. Won't you cry with me?

We'd love to, but Square Enix hasn't told us if the game's coming to Europe and North America yet. Perhaps we'll cry with you anyway, but for very different reasons.

[via andriasang.com]

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

I may or may not shed a few manly tears, depending on which FF songs are included. And assuming, of course, we actually get the game.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Other then Zelda Mario and metroid this ranks right up there for me for most rememberable songs! Not sure I really need to play this game though since it should be a full on final fantasy not a rhythm style game! That might work in Japan but not here.

Kitty_hime1

Kitty_hime1 said:

WANT!!!!!! i sure hope they they have the golbez's arch-elements theme love it and the chocobo one and then the hayadin remixes lol

Kitty_hime1

Kitty_hime1 said:

do you know what we should start up operation chocobo just like operation rainfall were going to beg, plead, and cry to nintendo of japan to put it here in america!!!!!! XD

Samholy

Samholy said:

problem is there is too much games on the market for my poor wallet. this one doesnt fit in my priority list.
maybe in a year or two, when it will be in a bargain bin...

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Still doubtful on if it will feel like more than just a collection of songs. If it's a coherent game though i might get it for the full price.

zeeroid

zeeroid said:

This makes me so happy. Come on, Square Enix, do us a solid over here in NA.