Pokémon Black and White 2 Europe-Bound this Autumn

Posted by James Newton

On the way

Pokémon Black & White 2's June release in Japan will come just before a European release this autumn, Nintendo has announced.

The DS sequel to Pokémon Black & White will reach Europe later this year, Nintendo UK tweeted earlier.

We'll keep you posted on updates when we get them.

POKÉMON BLACK VERSION 2 & POKÉMON WHITE VERSION 2 ANNOUNCED FOR EUROPE

Two New Highly Anticipated Pokémon Video Games Coming To Europe This Autumn

27th February 2012 – Pokémon™ Black Version and Pokémon™ White Version video games hit European stores in March 2011 and within 10 days on sale had exceeded one million units*. Coming off the record-breaking popularity of these games Nintendo of Europe announces today that two new Pokémon titles, Pokémon™ Black Version 2 and Pokémon™ White Version 2, are coming to Europe in Autumn 2012. Fans can anticipate plenty of new surprises when the games launch this year.

Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 will be available for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems. The games can also be played on Nintendo 3DS™ in 2D. More game details will be announced throughout the year. For more information and a first look at new character art of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem from Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, visit www.pokemon.co.uk.

Nintendo fans can also keep up to date with exclusive new game information and official Nintendo announcements by following the newly launched official Nintendo of Europe Twitter feed @NintendoEurope

Klapaucius

Klapaucius said:

That's much faster than how long it took Black+White to be released outside of Japan.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Pretty impressive.
Looking forward to hearing more about these games, it has my interest.

Kyoto

Kyoto said:

I didn't expect for it to launch in Europe this year. Good job Nintendo! I'm looking forward to it.

booker_steve

booker_steve said:

I'm confused, is this a sequel or a slightly different version of the previous Black and White games?

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

I wouldn't be contemplating getting it or not if it came out on the 3DS.

Coming out on the DS just makes me wonder if I REALLY want a second Unova region Pokemon game.

I mean, I got one game from each region. I had Blue, Gold, Ruby, LeafGreen, Pearl, HeartGold, and White. Getting White 2 (or Black 2) would almost be crazy.

Also, where is Pokemon Grey [Gray]?

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

Hmm. When Generation V started I thought that Black/White would be on DS with Gray/Rainbow/Whatever on 3DS.
I dunno, makes sense to me.
Where are our GBA remakes, Mr. Masuda?!

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

@kyuubikid213 thier not making pokemon grey o.o pokemon black and white 2 are the 3rd versions of gen 5 so instead of two games then a third game with extra content (like emerald and platinum) their making two direct sequels to pokemon black and white. >_< I know its confusing

KrazyBean

KrazyBean said:

I'm still a little mad that this isn't a 3DS game but hey, it'll be a damn good game anyway.

realar

realar said:

White Kyurem this time for moi, though I still wonder about the exclusives.
Please Gamefreak give a new forme to another one of my favorite pokemon like you did in Platinum! Rotom!!!!!

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

I'm confused. Which Autumn does this mean? North Autumn or South Autumn? Because if it's North Autumn I'm really disappointed it's coming at Christmas...

Shruikan

Shruikan said:

Im gonna get pokemon white first when pokemon black
i think that i will enjoy both versions and i cant wait to play them.And a think i will enjoy pokehood

All legendary pokemon rematch
you heard it from me first

samthecool

samthecool said:

I GOT POKEMON BLACK 2 IN ENGLISH 3 WEEKS AGO

IT.S THE COOLEST GAME IN THE WORLD BECAUSE WHEN U COMPLETE YOUR JORUNY U GET TO CATCH EVERY LEGENDERY POKEMON. LIKE UCIE EVEN HEATRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!