Kid Icarus: Uprising isn't far away, and as one of the first titles to be teased for the 3DS all the way back in 2010, it's been a while coming. Nintendo of America is starting to crank up the hype generator and have issued the following press release, with a number of details about the title.
Some of these details have been announced before, though Europe is still unconfirmed for the free 3DS Stand. There are some interesting gameplay details, with the Fiend's Cauldron shaping up to be an intriguing mechanic, as well as the rather fun-sounding Exo Tank. Although clarification of the select retailers is needed, the pre-order offer of a free copy of 3D Classics: Kid Icarus is also good news for North Americans.
Nintendo has revealed new details about the storyline and single-player game play in Kid Icarus™: Uprising, which will launch exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™ system on March 23. More than 25 years after the launch of the original Kid Icarus game for NES™, Kid Icarus: Uprising brings the action and adventure of this beloved series to new heights.
- Introduction: The game’s story begins with the return of the dark goddess Medusa and her Underworld Army. With the help of Palutena, goddess of light and guardian of the human race, the heroic angel Pit must combat the forces of darkness as he battles Medusa and her minions by air and by land.
- Fiend’s Cauldron: The Fiend’s Cauldron is an incredible new system that allows players to customize their play experience by adjusting the intensity level. Intensity ranges from 0.0 – 9.0 for each individual Chapter. As the intensity increases, players will be able to earn more Hearts and more powerful weapon drops from defeated enemies. Hearts also can be used to purchase new weapons. The standard intensity setting is 2.0, but players can precisely adjust it by increments of 0.1. In order to increase the intensity, players must bet by placing an increasing number of Hearts into the Fiend’s Cauldron. If the player is defeated during the Chapter, some Hearts will be lost and the intensity will be lowered.
- Weapons: A wide variety of collectible weapons offers an extraordinary amount of replay value. With nine different categories of weapons, ranging from Bows to Claws, players can learn the unique characteristics of each weapon and determine which is best suited for each battle and their style of play.
- Vehicles: During certain parts of his adventure, Pit will have access to special vehicles such as the Exo Tank. Pit can use the tank’s powerful drift ability to boost over jumps or defeat enemies with the tank’s ramming horn.
- Stand: Kid Icarus: Uprising uses a control scheme designed to fit the game’s unique blend of flight, shooting and melee combat, and offers tremendous precision and depth for dedicated players. The left hand uses the Circle Pad while the right hand uses the stylus. Every copy of the game will come with a free stand that holds the Nintendo 3DS at an angle above any flat surface, providing players with a new kind of gaming experience.
- Circle Pad Pro: Kid Icarus: Uprising is compatible with the Circle Pad Pro accessory, offering an alternate control scheme for left-handed players. With the Circle Pad Pro, players hold the stylus in their left hand and use the Circle Pad with their right hand.
Additionally, consumers who pre-order at select retailers will receive a bonus download code for the 3D Classics: Kid Icarus™ game, a re-mastered 3D version of the NES original. The download code will be delivered with the purchase of Kid Icarus: Uprising. A deposit may be required for pre-order. Kid Icarus: Uprising will carry a suggested retail price of $39.99 in the United States.
More details about Kid Icarus: Uprising will be revealed prior to its March 23 launch. For more information, please visit http://kidicarusuprising.nintendo.com.
What do you think about these details, are they getting you excited for the March release?