Nintendo Japan to Release Stunning Zelda Art Book

Posted by James Newton

Cover to covet

We might be two weeks from 2012 but the Legend of Zelda 25th anniversary festivities aren't over just yet.

Nintendo Japan is to release a Legend of Zelda art book on 22nd December for ¥3255 (£27/$41/€32). At 274 pages long it's a seriously weighty tome, with character and location concept art taken from Zelda's quarter-century.

According to Zelda Universe the book also deals with "The Origin Story" from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and "A Complete History of Hyrule". It's unlikely this will include the fabled Zelda timeline, though we'll see next week.

Here's hoping this book gets an English translation.

[via zeldauniverse.net]

ToneDeath

ToneDeath said:

I've got a horrible feeling any English edition will turn up as a horribly expensive Club Nintendo item.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

@3
Well, at least we'd be getting something interesting from CN...

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Man, Link really is partying long and hard. Sorry i thought you were more of a party pooper before. You deserve it though because out of all Ninty heroes you saved the most people so far. Samus deserves some great party programme too though.

While i haven't been that nerdy so far an English or German version of this book could finally convince to take one more step towards the dark actually bright in Ninty's case gaming abyss.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

I want one. And whatever happened to Metroid 25th Anniversary! Maybe their holding back for the wii u.

SLiM

SLiM said:

Would definitely like to pick this up if it gets released in English.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

i'm hoping nintendo will do something for metroid next year. they better do.

as for this book, i hope it is released in the west in english. amazing artwork there!

Rensch

Rensch said:

If they release this in other languages, the do want factor is going to be rather high.

Squid

Squid said:

You don't need to be able to read Japanese to enjoy this book. It's an art book. It's mainly meant to be seen, not read. :P

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

need this to be translated to english. and please, nintendo life, don't even mention the timeline being a even a possibility in this book, because you'll be getting my hopes hopelessly up...

LunarJade

LunarJade said:

I went on a trip to Japan over Christmas and managed to find a copy of this book. I bought it and it is really awesome. Though there's definitely a lot of text I wish I could read. I hope they do end up translating this.

Even so it's got really nice artwork in it and I guess I'll just have to learn Japanese or something in the meantime.