Sonic Generations Screens Show Mushroom Hill Zone

Posted by James Newton

We can hear the music now

SEGA just dropped a bunch of screenshots for its upcoming 3DS hedgehog romp Sonic Generations showing the evergreen mascot racing through the Mushroom Hill Zone from 1994's Sonic & Knuckles.

We got chance to try the game in July, and you can race through our Sonic Generations 3DS preview to read our early thoughts on whether or not this can deliver the much longed-for classic Sonic experience.

Don't forget to check out the Sonic Generations 3DS screenshots too.

Pj1

Pj1 said:

Wow this game does look good, hopefully it should be released in 2012!

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

:O this makes it so tempting now... too bad I heard it plays worse than Sonic 4 :(

Samholy

Samholy said:

oh wow, it looks much better than i thought. cant wait to see how they worked with the 3D.
cant say its an insta-buy, i got too much to buy this Fall.
but its on my buy-list for sure. and that list begins to grow bigger than what my wallet can afford :-/

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Ew ... sorry, but i didn't expect such rough looking textures. :o
Though if the game turns out to be fun i'll surely get it somewhere down the road.

pikku

pikku said:

I'm still not sure what to make of the 3DS version of this. When it releases, I'll make sure to watch some gameplay videos of it. This is the first Sonic game I can remember me actually wanting to like :O

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Drools
I might have to take back my claim on this game being lazy, now...

WolfyWardark

WolfyWardark said:

Awesome! So that's Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land and now Sonic Generations on my list of "must buy". :P

Ristar42

Ristar42 said:

This Zone is looking nice. I really hope this game turns out good, from the preview, sounds like it still needs some work.

moosa

moosa said:

Sorry but I already have this game... Too bad Sonic Team can't come up with a good Sonic that's actually "new." I've already grown up playing all the genesis titles to death; I really don't need any more of that.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

It just seems redundant and off putting to me that there are two forms of side-scrolling levels for each stage. If that's the case why not focus on all classic or all modern?

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I'm planning on picking this game up for either my Xbox 360 or PS3. Now I am considering picking it up for my 3DS as well. It is looking really good!