Harvest Moon Creator Looking at 3DS, Wii U Development

Posted by James Newton

Wada piece of good news

Yasuhiro Wada created the very first Harvest Moon before going on to work on Little King's Story and No More Heroes, among other games. So when Wada says he's developing a 3DS game, it's most definitely Good News.

Wada confirmed to Official Nintendo Magazine that he's currently working on a 3DS game, though wouldn't say anything more:

I've got a 3DS game in the pipeline right now, and I've got another game that we haven't decided the platform on, but which I am hoping to bring to Wii U.

Wada has previously spoken about his desire to release a new IP in the near future, so we're expecting something unexpected. As he's also chief operating officer of Grasshopper, we can't wait to see what Wada's team cooks up.

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

i think their making harvest moon 3ds is that common knowledge or does he mean something other than that

erv

erv said:

Bring me wiiU stuff please. Little kings story was absolutely awesome.

The infinity of space!

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

More Wada on the 3DS and Wii U will most likely be a good thing. So that's nice to hear. :)
Like the caption very much, James. :D

Bankai

Bankai said:

I got all excited when I thought this was a Harvest Moon announcement, and then I realized he doesn't work at Marvellous any more :(

I love Rune Factory and all, but I want Harvest Moon!

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

@Waltzelf Harvest moon: the tale of two towns is coming to DS and 3DS.
I love Little King's story and the No more heroes series so I look forward to finding out what this will be.

motang

motang said:

Harvest Moon on the Wii U with it's tablet controller...ah that would just Awesome!

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

No... no he does not look canadian. But why wouldn't you want him to be?
Little King's Story was pretty excellent, though I never put it down after 12 hours or so, before I got to many of the other kingdoms. Should fire that up again, methinks.

crazyj2312

crazyj2312 said:

Game develops in 2011
Game finished in early 2012
Game released in Japan mid to late 2012
Game released in the US mid to late 2013

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

Well, I'm not really a big fan of 'Harvest Moon' I have never played it. But if it turns out good, I'll take a look at it. I guess I will have to get myself to read more about this.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Are any of developers actually gonna confirm WiiU support?
They all seem to like the WiiU, yet are sitting on their hands it seems.
Note to developers: commit to WiiU or shut the hell up!