Japanese 3DS Virtual Console Gets Pac-Man and More

Posted by James Newton

Grey and green with envy

3DS owners in the West can expect to suck up some Kirby's Dream Land today, but over in Japan they're racing ahead with the number of Game Boy games available to download from the eShop.

Yesterday saw Golf and Gargoyle's Quest loaded onto the service, with Pac-Man confirmed for release next week. At the moment, the number of games available on the 3DS Virtual Console in Japan stands at 14, a Mario-sized leap over the Western service.

We'll keep you informed on all things Virtual Console.

[via nintendo.co.jp]

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Gargoyle's Quest was such an awesome game. Still have the original cartridge,so I will skip it if it reaches Europe, but an awesome game.

JGMR

JGMR said:

Yes, agreed Sneaker, Gargoyle's Quest FTW!!!

I remember the password MAD :p lol

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Not fair! Japan always gets better stuff, but then again, people in Japan will buy just about anything... :P

edhe

edhe said:

And it begins.

The neglect of the NA and PAL online stores while the Japanese service thrives...

Link79

Link79 said:

Wow Gargoyles quest! A gameboy game I never got the chance to play.
Hope it comes to America soon. I wish they'd get that Nes sequel and possibly Demon's crest on the Wii VC.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Here's hoping that those games eventually make it over here. Kirby's Dreamland was originally a Japanese release.

Knux

Knux said:

Hopefully, Gargoyle's Quest comes to the 3DS VC in NA. I never got a chance to play that game, but I have heard nothing but good things about said game.

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

The arcade version of Pac-Man is already going to be on Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Speaking of Gargoyle's Quest, we also need the NES version as well as Demon's Crest for Super NES on VC too.

Ryno

Ryno said:

Gargoyles Quest? Wow, awesome! Had that back in the day, I will need to get the original cart again. Would love to play Gargoyle's Quest II on the NES and Demon's Crest on SNES which I unfortunately originally missed out on.

Never understood why they made Firebrand green on the GB label?

the_shpydar

the_shpydar said:

Holy crap, i really hope we get Gargoyle's Quest soon. I LOVED that game back in the day. It was like finding gold — i picked it up knowing nothing about it except for its tenuous connection to the GnG franchise, and discovered an awesome game as a result.