Ubisoft Reveals Driver and Splinter Cell Games for 3DS

Posted by James Newton

Screenshots inside

Cast your minds back to E3 and that long list of upcoming third-party releases for 3DS: it's going to take a while for each of those games to be revealed, but Ubisoft's doing its part by showing off the first screenshots of Driver 3D and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory 3D.

Splinter Cell seems to take some of the stylistic inventions of most recent title Splinter Cell: Conviction but keeps Sam Fisher's love of gadgets and goggles. Driver 3D's screenshots show sparks, smoke and the iconic yellow car with black stripes, as well as a pimp called John Woodworth. It's really all you could ask for from a game.

Related Games

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

The only Driver game that I've played was the original back on ps1, so I hope this 3DS one is like that one. I've heard bad things about the other iterations in that series...

As for Splinter Cell, I've only played like 30 minutes of Conviction on my cousin's 360, so I really have no expectations...

KrazyKain

KrazyKain said:

glad to see the 3ds is getting some great games... I obviously want these, hell yes... but also I hope they dont forget about actual 'portable games' that made the DS so much better then the psp

Oregano

Oregano said:

Ugh those Splinter Cell screenshots are really, really poor. Driver looks pretty good though.

pixelman

pixelman said:

Hahahaha, great image + caption. Driver 3D looks really nice, but Splinter Cell almost looks like a DS game.

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

"Driver 3D's screenshots show sparks, smoke and the iconic yellow car with black stripes, as well as a pimp called John Woodworth."
No pimp named Shlimpback?

siavm

siavm said:

The driver game looks good. I just hope it is not as bad as the one I played on ps2 that got ported to wii. The splinter cell game though looks like a bad port of the ds game of the same name. Hopefully it is not just a port of that with barely better graphics.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

It's like all the developers want to see their games, past, present, and future, in full 3D glory. I've never seen so many resurrections, sequels, and ports available at a systems launch in my life. Bring it ALL ON I say. I think this is the only time I'm actually going to be happy to be broke in my life :)

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I hate to be the debbie downer, but has ubisoft EVER released a good game on the original DS? They actually delivered better quality on the Wii and then was upset at sells of their mundane DS software.

The only game I can think of is Might and Magic and they were only the publishers.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ubisoft and a lot of their games. I just feel that when it comes to handhelds, I definitely have to keep my expectations in check.

Nintendoftw

Nintendoftw said:

Okay guys- Stop saying how much you hope the 3DS doesn't have a console feel to it, this is next gen handheld, NOT a GBA... It's impossible to have that "handheld feel" to it anymore, that was last gen with the DS.

GammaGames

GammaGames said:

I have splinter cell chaos theory for xbox original. its fun :D (and kinda hard, an hour a level) I will get it when I get a 3DS! mainly for 3D :P obviously

Nintendoftw

Nintendoftw said:

Driver isn't a GTA clone... It's a driving game, yeah the other GOOD Driver games like Driver 2, Driver 3, and Driver 76, and etc were all gta clones, but of course this will suck just like the console versions because it's just another generic straight-forward driving-only game

Nintendoftw

Nintendoftw said:

@theblackdragon You don't understand. I am talking about how people want the 3DS to have small games that you are able to play on the go, kind of like the DS did in some of it's games.