Podcast: Episode 19 - So Long, Farewell

Posted by James Newton

Full of audio treats you simply will not believe

The Nintendo Life podcast is taking a break for a little while, but this final-for-a-while show is crammed full of quality items. Terrible accents, anonymous listeners pretending to host talk shows about genitals – yes, really – and the culmination of Sean Aaron's interview with Gaijin Games's Chris Osborn, there's never been a more varied or bizarre episode of the Nintendo Life podcast.

You can stream the episode below or download it to your computer.

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Missed a past episode of the Nintendo Life podcast? You can find the complete archive here, including Jon's stellar chip and game music show NLFM.

Want to make sure you never miss an episode again? Well then, subscribe to our Podcast feed (using iTunes) or download it using this direct link. You can also find and rate us on iTunes, follow us on Twitter for the latest news and get in touch using the Contact form's podcast option.

turtlelink

turtlelink said:

I found a way to listen to these podcast. Podcast + Headphones + Video Games = Multi Tasking!

Machu

Machu said:

Wow, lazy Machu thought he'd found an excuse to unpack the speakers post-move, but now, I'm not gonna bother, and shall save this podcast for the drought ahead. D:

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

Ahh Jamesy poo why are you cancelling the podcasts?! :'( Anyways I will save this one for a bit, then listen to it and feel happy inside :)

rustythekid

rustythekid said:

yes, why? I always take a listen, and it's always a good listen while I pretend to work :p

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Paraphrasing: "That was quite terrifying I think you'll agree*, uehhhh.... We have another very British episode of This Ninten--" It cut off right there whilst browsing GoNintendo. Oh, and it disappeared too:
Untitled
*no, I found that bit very immature and disappointing

EDIT: And now it cut off again during that Duck Hunt bit. I was browsing IGN at the time.
EDIT: And again just a little bit farther this time. FYI it works for a while every time I edit my comment; the bar reappears.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

I finally went over to QuickTime and listened to the rest of the podcast uninterrupted. Highlights included the hilariously drawn-out announcement of FATE, that one guy's NES memories, Zach's brilliant imitation of James, James' brilliant imitation of Tony the Tiger, and of course the epic finale of the podcast: part 2 of Gaijin Games goodness. Overall a great ending to the podcast.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

@Ian I believe James said in the 'cast it's because he's working at Nintendo Life and Movemodo now.

James

James said:

@Ian I'm just taking a break for a while as I have quite a lot on my plate at the moment and it's only going to get more full as time goes by. When I get everything together it'll return :)

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

"anonymous listeners pretending to host talk shows about genitals"

o.0

slowly walks towards the exit

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

Excellent "final" podcast, James, I enjoyed it quite a bit (particularly the Metroid Prime main menu theme at the end ;))