NES Autographed by Miyamoto Sells for Just $1000

Posted by Zach Kaplan

And not a penny more

How much would you pay for a working Nintendo Entertainment System signed by Shigeru Miyamoto? $1,000? More? If you answered the latter, you've missed your opportunity to bid on this item, sold today on eBay for just a cool thousand.

Of course, the buyer may just put the system up for auction again, as surely someone would be willing to pay more. If you're that person, keep your eyes peeled and your bank details ready.

[via cgi.ebay.com]

y2josh

y2josh said:

That is one cool signature. If I had the money to blow I would have bought it, if there was some type of authentication provided.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

I'm surprised. People selling somewhat rare items at a reasonable price! I thought it would never happen! :O (:P)

Omega

Omega said:

Some people have too much money and just don't know what to do with it while others (like me) have to fight for every crumb of bread in order to survive. That is unfair. ;-)

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

Are you guys kidding me? 1000 bucks is A LOT more than what I would expect such an NES to earn. Common stuff with a signature on them usually doesn't fetch a Lot of Money. A lot of those auctions Even get next to no attention at all, like the MGS2 signed by Kojima that went for a single buck a few days ago. Heck, even the truly limited 24k gold Zelda Minish Cap bundle (like 30 pieces worldwide?) only goes up to to 600-800 Euro when being signed by Miyamoto, so the seller of this NES can consider himself extremely Lucky for having made 1000$...

WanderFan91

WanderFan91 said:

That's cool. :) Love Shigeru Miyamoto's signature (I didn't notice the eyes until StarDust brought it up). :)

miketh2005

miketh2005 said:

@Omega: Fighting for every bread crumb, and you hava a computer WITH internet access? And on a gaming site at that? Don't think so.

MayhemStaff

Mayhem said:

Way overpriced there... I can't imagine the copy of Zelda I have signed by Miyamoto being worth anywhere near that...