New Zelda Wii Trailer Rumored For October

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Sword mystery to be revealed?

Rumor.

Rumor rumor rumor rumor rumor.

According to an anonymous insider source of Infendo's, a trailer for the new Wii Zelda title is being prepared by Nintendo to be shown at an October event.

The trailer will supposedly reveal more on why Link didn't have a sword in the E3 teaser image and is said to showcase a working build of the game.

Nintendo will be holding a Business Media summit next month, which is when the trailer is expected to debut if the rumor is in fact true. The game has most likely been in development long enough to have competent in-game assets ready to show, but we're sticking with rumor for now on this one.

Tis but a month away.

[via infendo.com]

Klapaucius

Klapaucius said:

Can't wait for the trailer of this... and a full title!
I was sceptical of the Wii-ification of the Gamecube's Twilight Princess. The waggle sword fighting didn't work for me at all. I'm intrigued to see how they improve it, especially with WiiMotion+ control, and make it an integral part of the game rather than something added on after.

Cipher

Cipher said:

THIS IS NOT FAIR

I'm on holiday for two weeks until October 1 and I'm not gonna be back to put this on my website! :(

Unless it's not on October 1, but it was October 2 last year, so I expect it will be.

Bentendo

Bentendo said:

I would be surprised if that were the case. Shigeru Miyamoto said that he HOPED to have a trailer ready by E3 2010. Who knows, though, especially since last year's business summit delivered a lot of news on big titles like Mario & Luigi 3, WarioWare DIY, Punch-Out!!, Endless Ocean 2 and, of course, the Nintendo DSi. And with the abcense of new hardware (probably!) they'll have to have at least one HUGE game announcement.

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

One word: Disappointment.

Reason: RUMOR!

Even then, watch this is a launch game for the next Nintendo Console if we all went by the amount of delays that Twilight Princess had. :P

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

To me this game doesn't exist until we see some REAL information. Though what's overdue for more information is Dynamic Slash.

Roopa132

Roopa132 said:

I hope the trailer comes. I'm looking forward to this game since I was totally disappointed with Twilight Princess so I hope for a better Wii-Zelda. And I really think it will be better since Twilight Princess was just a Gamecube-Port after all.

Cryptonic

Cryptonic said:

MYSTERY!
hopefully it will come i nedd to this game in action!!!!

ZELDA WII ZELDA WII ZELDA WII

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

Hopefully this rumor is true. And if it isn't, I'll have to punch someone in the FACE!!!

Machu

Machu said:

Rumour, rumour Zelda trailer, rumour!!

Machu, fact, hyped, fact, fact!!

Objection

Objection said:

I think this is a fairly safe bet, since Twilight Princess came out in 2006, it's no stretch to expect the new one in 2010. I greatly look forward to this.

TanookiMike

TanookiMike said:

I'm not going to get over-hyped about this, as I fear for another Twilight Princess siuation.

Not that TP wasn't a damn good game, I was just expecting the best game ever created, and, well, it wasn't exactly said best game ever created.

Sylverstone

Sylverstone said:

Rumor.

Most Nintendo fanboys I see on YouTube are saying the girl (I think) in the poster with Link is the Master Sword.

said:

I really doubt it and I wouldn't put my bets on it....

...but that would be cool if true D8

Mizore

Mizore said:

If TP looked like that on the GCN, can't imagine what this Zelda would look like on the Wii. :p

I hope this is no rumor.

super-nintendo

super-nintendo said:

Hopefully it's true. I'm excited for a new Zelda regardless. C'mon guys, this one is made only for Wii. :)

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

Pretty dang sure it's a rumor. I'd love to be proven wrong though.
Zelda is my favorite series after all :)

bbb7002004

bbb7002004 said:

They may show something off, similar to the early concept trailers shown for both Windwaker, introducing Toon Link, and Twilight Princess, but I doubt we will see anything remotely close to final product until E3 next year.

Earendel68

Earendel68 said:

I think this is fair enough... What it is NOT FAIR is to have to wait, and wait, and keep waiting for this one...

timp29

timp29 said:

As far as I am concerned, Zelda is the best franchise on the wii and why I love nintendo over the other gaming options.

In summary, please let the rumours be true :)

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

Didn't Miyamoto say they were pretty far along in development of the new Zelda? From what I understand, he was just waiting to see how well Motion+ does at retail before finallizing the gameplay. Obviously it has done well and I'm sure the Zelda team has been working hard the past few months, so a trailer as soon as October isn't totally out of the question. The only thing that makes me kind of doubt this rumor is the fact that Spirit Tracks won't even be out by that point, so why would they risk taking attention away from that release? Personally I'm just excited to see updates on New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M at the October conference and I'm sure we'll see plenty of new info on those games.

Bensei

Bensei said:

I wonder if it tells us how the Master Sword was created, and if that girl REALLY is the spirit of the Master Sword. Or just the Fairy Queen from WW