Eduardo the Samurai Toaster Release Date Trailer

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out the latest video of the game in action!

The guys at Semnat Studio were on vacation when word came down that their Eduardo the Samurai Toaster WiiWare title was given the greenlight for a release next Monday.

So after a bit of scrambling, we've managed to get our hands on the official release date trailer of the game in action for you to check out. Better get those 800 Wii Points ready for the game's June 15th release.

Semnat Studios is elated to be able to announce that Eduardo the Samurai Toaster is being prepared for launch on WiiWare™ in North America on June 15th, 2009 for a mere 800 Wii Points™. That’s like the price of lunch. For the price of lunch you could own an awesome single-or-cooperative sidescrolling action game. Support the little guy!

With visuals drawn and scanned in from several different art mediums such as pen & ink, acrylic paint and charcoal, Eduardo sports an untraditional aesthetic design for a videogame. Jump, shoot, whip, drive, fly and throw your way through hordes of Peking Opera pastries, spear toting carrots, robotic mangos, and more. Play with friends as you learn to cooperate effectively, or be annoying by throwing each other around the screen and attacking one another.

FEATURES:

• Drop in co-op play for up to four players.
  • Ride scooters equipped with laser-blasters and fly around in rocket packs in single player or co-op.
  • Use 5 different pastry pickups to upgrade your firepower.
  • Battle enemies through 13 unique levels.
  • Several different difficulty options to choose from, allowing players to pick their desired level of challenge.

We'll have more information on Eduardo the Samurai Toaster as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the game when it hits the WiiWare service next week.

vampirelich

vampirelich said:

This looks awesome, I think I will pick this up next week if the controls are tight. Which is good because I have 800points left.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

@Reifu: It means people on the same TV, like Split Screen.

Anyways, heres hoping to a speedy review, and hopefully one that does better than a 7/10 ;)

Modern_Legend

Modern_Legend said:

@ReifuTD: It means split screen, something the wii needs more of where 2-4 people can play at the same time on the same tv...its something we need for our fps games...

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Do I spend my points on this, or finally download Bubble Bobble Plus?

TOO HARD TO CHOOSE

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

If it's a run-n-gun, I have to buy it. There's just no getting around it.

fixjuxa

fixjuxa said:

Umm, guys...this is a run n' gun shooter. Local co-op does not mean split screen, it just means you've got to play on the same system. This game will definitely not feature split screen gameplay. All players will share the same screen.

EdEN

EdEN said:

@Chicken Brutus: Go with Eduardo. I'm sure Square-Enix can wait for you to buy Bubble Bobble Plus next month. Semnat Studios can sure use your purchase at launch...

Crunc

Crunc said:

I don't know. I don't see the variety of art styles that is claimed, or even media. Everything pretty much looks the same. Yes, different colors and slightly different features, but overall you are just running around shooting with badly drawn art. Visually this game just looks terrible to me, and the gameplay seems pretty simplistic with nothing interesting about it at all. Maybe it's better in practice, but the trailers just aren't doing it for me. I am looking forward to reviews.

ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL said:

They should make a whole domestic appliance series. If this does well, I hope we see Jose the Ninja Microwave Oven