The guys at Semnat Studio were on vacation when word came down that their Eduardo the Samurai Toaster WiiWare title was given the greenlight for a release next Monday.
So after a bit of scrambling, we've managed to get our hands on the official release date trailer of the game in action for you to check out. Better get those 800 Wii Points ready for the game's June 15th release.
Semnat Studios is elated to be able to announce that Eduardo the Samurai Toaster is being prepared for launch on WiiWare™ in North America on June 15th, 2009 for a mere 800 Wii Points™. That’s like the price of lunch. For the price of lunch you could own an awesome single-or-cooperative sidescrolling action game. Support the little guy!
With visuals drawn and scanned in from several different art mediums such as pen & ink, acrylic paint and charcoal, Eduardo sports an untraditional aesthetic design for a videogame. Jump, shoot, whip, drive, fly and throw your way through hordes of Peking Opera pastries, spear toting carrots, robotic mangos, and more. Play with friends as you learn to cooperate effectively, or be annoying by throwing each other around the screen and attacking one another.
- Drop in co-op play for up to four players.
- Ride scooters equipped with laser-blasters and fly around in rocket packs in single player or co-op.
- Use 5 different pastry pickups to upgrade your firepower.
- Battle enemies through 13 unique levels.
- Several different difficulty options to choose from, allowing players to pick their desired level of challenge.
We'll have more information on Eduardo the Samurai Toaster as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the game when it hits the WiiWare service next week.