Alien Crush Returns - More Details

Posted by Darren Calvert

Japanese magazine Famitsu has put up some new screenshots of the rather tasty looking Alien Crush Returns. Check it out Google’s translation of the page for yourselves.

Here are the interesting details which we noted:

Features

• Reverse Ball - allows you to instantly send the ball back the way it was moving.
  • Split Ball – lets your ball split into two for a limited time for increased scoring opportunities.
  • Tilt – You can shake the Wiimote and tilt the pinball table to your advantage, do this too much and the flippers will lock up for a short period.

Game modes

• Story mode – A total of six stages with new stages appearing via DLC.
  • Arcade mode – Try to get a high score for fun.
  • Versus mode – Up to four people can play online in this mode.
  • Ranking mode – National and world rankings for story, arcade and versus mode.

There is no news on the price yet, but it is likely to be 1000 Wii points judging from more recent release announcements.

Source: Famitsu

Knux

Knux said:

This game looks cool. Downloadable content sounds awesome.

Terra

Terra said:

I was gonna get the original but forget that, i'm getting this.

kitroplious

kitroplious said:

I'm really loving the features in Alien Crush Returns right now! DLC is very interesting because of the expanded Story Mode! :D

Chipmunk777

Chipmunk777 said:

This looks sweet, maybe we'll hear something about a storage solution at E3! If we ever get a storage solution, I'll definitely pick this one up

Ian_Daemon

Ian_Daemon said:

Without a storage solution I'm only downloading SBCG4AP, but this looks very promising!

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

@Storage Solutions...

No, they are too busy thinking of improving the 'ITS FINE ALREADY!' Wiimote with a stupid dongle.

On topic....

SOLD!!!!!!

Nintend00d

Nintend00d said:

I think Devil's Crush is way better because the table has more things to do. Maybe this Alien Crush will be better. (This one will have an online high score table, right?)

I'll probably get this, as long as it doesn't get terrible reviews.

Objection

Objection said:

This is sounding better and better. Everyone is excited about Megaman 9, well good for them. This is what I'm supporting this fall. Rumoured release date is September, but not confirmed Plus, DLC for new stages/boards is awesome! 1000 is a good price, too, especially with such online goodness.

Yatesy

Yatesy said:

I'm more familiar with the old Devil's Crush for the arcade as opposed to Alien Crush, although this game looks pretty different to that game, what with its updated 3D look. I especially like the pink, fleshy nature of the organic monsters (that I suspect will be getting hammered by the pinball), and it's sort of reminiscent of what you'd find in the Alien or Hellraiser series. Looking forward to this one!

MasterMario

MasterMario said:

Sounds alot better than Star Soldier R. Not only does it have online leaderboads, but DLC and online play as well. It'd about time someone takes advantage of online play. I'm thinking of getting this game if it contuines to impress me.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Wow, it's got a story mode, and DLC! This is the best news I've gotten all week! Plus cool motion control and online rankings(that does sound better than leaderboards!) - that's better than I'd expect from a retail game! I could sell Metroid Prime Pinball, this is so good! I won't as I'm a huge Metroid fan, and I like pinball on the go, but still, this is pretty darn good!

Edit: Whoa, It's got online play too? That's the best news I've heard so far!

Oh and the person above me: For me, DLC is good because, say the story mode has like six tables(more than enough for me, I usually only play one or two), I could be satisfied with that for a rather decent amount time, but if I seriously want more, instead of going out and buying a whole new game, I can just add a little more to a game I aleady have, for a relatively small price. But again, I don't have to get it, and chances are, whatever it has will be enough for me.

MrPoo6321

MrPoo6321 said:

I never played Alien Crush or Devil's Crush or any of those games before... This is a pinball game? with aliens?

Orgone

Orgone said:

I got Devil's Crush and I like to play it first or Lords of Thunder whenever I turn on the wii.