- Release Date
- 16th Feb 2009, 500 points, 14 MB (USA)
- 24th Dec 2008, 500 points (JPN)
- 20th Feb 2013, ¥500 (JPN)
- 19th Dec 2013, £4.49/€4.99 (UK/EU)
- 23rd Jan 2014, $4.99 (USA)
Wii U eShop
- 21st Aug 2014, $4.99 (USA)
- 18th Sep 2014, £3.49 (UK/EU)
- Also Known As
About This Game
This classic shooter, originally ported to the NES in August 1988, is a spin-off of the seminal Gradius series.
Pilot the Vic Viper through six stages of intense action, alternating between horizontally and vertically scrolling environments, and take on wave after wave of enemies. Destroy particular enemies throughout the game (which takes place within the body of an enormous alien) to release power-up capsules and equip your ship with your choice of more powerful weapons, extra speed and shields.
Utilize the power-ups carefully, though, as a fearsome guardian lurks at the end of each stage and won't be easily defeated. You can go it alone or bring along a friend to take on the challenge simultaneously. Do you have what it takes to save your planet?