- Release Date
- 26th Aug 2002 (USA)
- 4th Oct 2002 (UK/EU)
- 19th Jul 2002 (JPN)
- Super Mario
- Feature Support
- Dolby Pro-Logic II
About This Game
Seeking well-deserved rest and relaxation, Mario and Princess Peach travel to a beautiful remote island.
It is said the local citizens are friendly and the weather forecast suggests year-round sunshine. However, when they get to the island, they quickly find out that the peaceful paradise has been polluted by a mysterious stranger. Worse still, the individual bears a striking resemblance to Mario! Determined to clear his reputation and clean up the island, Mario sets off on his greatest adventure yet.
- Discover the first Mario title for NINTENDO GAMECUBE, developed by a team under the supervision of Mario's celebrated creator Shigeru Miyamoto.
- Explore the game's colorful 3-D world, filled with expansive environments.
- Restore the power of Shine to keep the island clean.
- Wash away island mess to restore the community to its pristine condition using Mario's new water pump device.
- Perform a number of different jumps, bounce off walls, run, slide, climb, and fly to the highest reaches - more mobility than ever before.
- Bask in cheery graphics, real-time lighting effects and stunning reflections that bathe the island in sunshine.
- Visit Yoshi, Toad and a host of other friends as Mario encounters a collection of enemies bent on foiling his efforts to restore the island.