Forums

Topic: Wii U eShop Recommendations thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 423

rockodoodle

epicdude12302 wrote:

I have exactly 10 dollars on the EShop. Can someone list some good games that are $10 or less?

Edge is pretty cool for a game to play in spurts- it's only 1.99 or it has been that low. i think it went up to $3.99 and it's well worth that, IMO.
As mentioned, Castle Storm is very good- I'm surprised more people don't talk about it. Lots of content and reasonably priced DLC that extend the missions
TNT Racing is rather frustrating, but I've enjoyed it a lot- I think part of the point of the game is to be frustrating, so once you get past that, it's a lot of fun
Star Wars Pinball is pretty awesome- another game that you can just pick up and play in short spurts
Bit Trip Runner is pure awesomeness- very, very enjoyable, creative, great music and pretty solid replay value

So far these are my top Indie games- I bought Child of Light but haven't played it yet- it has been received well by both critics and the gaming community.

rockodoodle

rockodoodle

devinias wrote:

Okay I have a little over $30 do.Lars for eshop. I am wanting to get some good games. I have a chance to get monster hunter 3 ultimate for $29, but I have been looking at all the eshop games and can't decide. Such as the ubisoft sale, ACIV for $20 which would leave $10 for other games or just some recent eshop games.

Looking at:
Mh3ultimte -$29
AC IV - $20
Squid odyssey
Pushimo
Zelda minish cap
Castlestorm
Other suggestions or opinions are welcome. .

Just so you all know I ALREADY have shovel knight.

I have Monster Hunter- and people swear by it- at this point, I don't have the patience to learn it, but I might get curious at some time a try it. Supposedly has 100s of hours of play on it. That might be your best value if you are interested.

For $30, I'd go Castle Storm and Bit Trip Runner (was going to say Star Wars Pinball, but with the new tables, that's $20.

rockodoodle

deusy

If I had to pick two out of Two Tribes' four eShop games, which two would you guys recommend?

EDGE, RUSH, Toki Tori, or Swords and Soldiers? I've never played any of them before, so which two will provide the best cheap fun?

deusy

Nintendo Network ID: sackferret

erv

Toki tori 2+ and swords and soldiers. Played them all and toki tori is by far the best.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

devinias

Just grabbed several games last night through eshop: Armarillo, Zelda:Minish Cap, Guacamole, Pushmo, and Metroid Fushion. I may pick up a few more...I decided to go with the eshop games instead of the AC:IV or MH3U rought...just felt like I would get a better variety. Thanks for all the suggestions though!!

Also looking to grab H2S in a week or so...and the rest of the GBA library.

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

SKTTR

So, here's my eShop purchases this year and how I rate them:

9/10 Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails
9/10 Stick It to The Man!
9/10 Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
9/10 Pullblox World
9/10 Squids Odyssey
8/10 UnEpic
8/10 Armillo
8/10 Knytt Underground
8/10 Child of Light
8/10 NES REMIX
8/10 NES REMIX 2
8/10 Swords & Soldiers
8/10 F1 Race Stars - Powered Up Edition
8/10 Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure
8/10 Color Zen
7/10 XTYPE+
7/10 Dr. Luigi
7/10 Star Wars Pinball
6/10 Monkey Pirates
6/10 Abyss
5/10 Ice Cream Surfer

I still have to get How To Survive and Gaiabreaker. Unfortunately Master Reboot isn't released in my region.

Can't wait for Shovel Knight, 1001 Spikes, and Ittle Dew hitting in Europe as well.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

devinias

SKTTR wrote:

So, here's my eShop purchases this year and how I rate them:

9/10 Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails
9/10 Stick It to The Man!
9/10 Pullblox World
8/10 UnEpic
8/10 Armillo
8/10 Knytt Underground
8/10 NES REMIX
8/10 NES REMIX 2
8/10 Swords & Soldiers
8/10 F1 Race Stars - Powered Up Edition
8/10 Color Zen
7/10 Dr. Luigi
7/10 Star Wars Pinball
6/10 Monkey Pirates
6/10 Abyss

I still have to get Child of Light, Squids Odyssey, How To Survive, Guacamelee!, and Flowerworks HD.
Can't wait for Shovel Knight, 1001 Spikes, and Ittle Dew to be released in Europe as well.

Mine are about to soon be up there...I am starting to really enjoy a lot of the Eshop only titles...although this new week brings more "sales" from some of the downloadable retail style games.

Although if the maintenance keeps up I won't be getting much today...rrrr

Edited on by devinias

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

spizzamarozzi

just wanted to mention that Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams has been fixed and now the off-TV mode has sound coming out from the GamePad. Yeah, still not a good game I think, but at least the developers kept their word so, great.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Shane904

Help me pick? I plan on getting one of these.

-Shovel Knight (Should I get the Wii U version or the 3DS version if I get this??)
-Child of Light
-Ittle Dew
-Ducktales: Remastered

Shane904

JoeyTS

Shane904 wrote:

-Shovel Knight (Should I get the Wii U version or the 3DS version if I get this??)
-Child of Light
-Ittle Dew

Shovel Knight and Wii U version unless your on the go a lot.

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

gustavomartinez

I would really like a new game to the wii u. I love mario 3D world and mario kart 8. DK tropical freeze was ok. Dont like Zelda wind waker. Could anyone recommend some games for me?

gustavomartinez

jariw

gustavomartinez wrote:

I would really like a new game to the wii u. I love mario 3D world and mario kart 8. DK tropical freeze was ok. Dont like Zelda wind waker. Could anyone recommend some games for me?

Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101, Guacameele! Super Turbo Championships Edition, Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails

Lego City: Undercover is a LEGO game that shouldn't be missed.

Pushmo/Pullblox World and Stick it to the Man! are also good games, but might not be what you're looking for.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Falchion

Shane904 wrote:

-Child of Light
-Ittle Dew

I have only played Shovel Knight and Ducktales but Shovel Knight is the superior of those two. I would get it if ur a retro fan, specifically platformer action games. I would say stay away from Ittle Dew. Have fun!

Falchion

jariw

Tops wrote:

Scram Kitty: How are the controls? I've watched a couple Let's Play videos and the guy seemed to overshoot some jumps and have himself rubberbanded back and away from the area he wanted to get to.

The controls is much of the game in Scram Kitty's case. They are accurate, tight and fair. If someone is rubberbanding away from an area by mistake, that's not a player who masters the controls (you can control a rubberbanding jump, but it's difficult). Scram Kitty needs practice from the player. A player with that practice will master the game. It's a hard game, but never unfair (except perhaps for the unlocking mechanism at one specific level).

Have you seen the "Scram Kitty Super Plays" videos, posted by Dakko Dakko on YouTube? Those player are pretty good.

Tops wrote:

Toki Tori 2+: Also watched a couple videos on it. Some of the puzzles seem quite obtuse. Is this made easier by trying to whistle/stomp near each animal you think to use? I realise that seems like the wrong way to go about playing it but I get the feeling it could turn into a slow-paced trial and error experience (which is not a good thing).

The puzzles are pretty self-explaining when playing the game IMO, since the difficulty level increases pretty gradually. Most puzzles are variants of something you already solved. The problem I have with that game is that some passages are hidden to be unlocked, so it's not always that evident how you should go. It is a slow-paced game, but it's also a very low price for lots of content.

jariw

Shane904

Thanks guys. I ended up getting Shovel Knight.

Shane904

brandonbwii

I noticed not too many new eshop games have been announced. Are games not making the profit they hoped they would? Even at E3 there were only about one or two games I hadn't heard of already. The other potentially great games are all Kickstarter and no telling when they'll release. Is this just my imagination or am I over looking something?

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

jump

I need 9 points to get a freebie voucher from the premium network thingy. I was thinking Pushmo World whilst it's on offer but is it too similar to the 3DS versions to worth getting again otherwise I may just get more Pikmin 3 DLC unless someone has another suggestion?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Demmi-Alpha

I'm really interested in buying Child of Light... Have any of you played it enough to have a formulated opinion on it? I'd buy it regardless, just curious.

Demmi-Alpha

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3326-9455 | Nintendo Network ID: Demmi-Alpha

jariw

Demmi-Alpha wrote:

I'm really interested in buying Child of Light... Have any of you played it enough to have a formulated opinion on it? I'd buy it regardless, just curious.

Child of Light is fantastic if you like that type of games, specially considering the price. There's a Child of Light thread in the regular Wii U forum if you want to read more user opinions.

jariw

rockodoodle

for $2 it's a great game. it's kinda like Lunar Lander from back in the day, but it's set underwater and you pick up these lights in a tunnel. i'm only on the furth of 12 stages but it's just a fun little game to pick up and play.

based in the reviews here, i guess i'll get little inferno. it's only $5 now. sale ends tomorrow.

liavcol wrote:

Action51 wrote:

I've been playing Advance Wars more then I ever thought I would...there's a ton of content to that game beyond the campaign.

I bought Abyss for $1.99, and it's a great little game that takes some patience, but is rewarding.

Too bad Duck Tales Remastered is no longer on sale, but it's still a decent deal and a lot of fun.

I was wandering about getting "Abyss" too, how is it? Can you explain a little about the gameplay and story/plot of the game?

rockodoodle

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic