Forums

Topic: FAST Racing Neo General Discussion OUT NOW!

Posts 181 to 200 of 247

octoman2611

I got this yesterday and I have to say it's pretty excellent. I would legit count F Zero GX in my all time top 5 games so to an extent I was bound to love it, but still.

My overwhelming impression is that it is a HARD game, I struggle to win races on even the lowest difficulties (though I may just be out of practice for this sort of thing). Having said that, it does that great thing by being hard but you never feel like you've been unfairly treated, if you fail it's your own fault.

octoman2611

ThePirateCaptain

I just bought this on a whim yesterday and was happily surprised with how much it exceeded my expectations. First off, let me say that this is not F-Zero. Is it similar in some ways, yes, but it feels very different at the same time. Videos really don't do the game's visuals justice either, because it looks incredibly smooth in motion.

After hearing how hard the game supposedly is, I was kind of hesitant, but I did pretty well on the first cup. I almost had first place a few times, but I screwed up on the last lap. Overall I ended up in second, but the challenge seems pretty reasonable on the Subsonic League.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

veeflames

Sigh. So it's only my second day playing the game and it already froze on me. In fact, the Wii U wasn't outputting anything to the TV (I don't know what happened since I was using Off-TV Play, but when the game froze I thought something important was being shown on the TV, so I changed the TV input only to discover it was like the Wii U wasn't turned on).
This happened while I was progressing to the third course in Titanium Cup. By the way, I love that the cups are named after elements in the periodic table. I can't verify this fun useless fact since I haven't unlocked all the cups, but I think all the elements the cups are named after lie in between the Periods 2 and 3 of the Periodic Table. Xenon isn't a transition metal, so the elements aren't necessarily transition metals.
OK, I think I'm done.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

shani

@manfred: I just saw that the game will receive an update on December 22nd, will it also contain sound support for the Gamepad?
Right now, when I have my headphones connected to the Gamepad, it plays the intro sound and then nothing anymore as soon as soon as I'm at the title screen.
It would be really nice if the Gamepad would mirror the sound so that I can play during night with headphones connected to the Gamepad (what I usually do when I play Splatoon, for example).

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@shani the update is in January, the game will be releasing in Japan on the 22nd. I'll have to test it for myself, but at least when not using headphones I know that sound will play out of the game pad.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

shani

@yokokazuo: It does? Doesn't work for me (without headphones), the Gamepad only plays sound until I'm at the title screen. From there on out, the Gamepad's display stays black and its speakers don't output anything either.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@shani oh, are you using a different controller then? I believe it is only if you are using the game pad to play for off tv play.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

shani

@yokokazuo: What, really? That would be dumb... I'll try that now.
Yes I always play with the Pro Controller because the Gamepad is just so heavy. If a game doesn't use or support the Gamepad's screen, I always switch to Wiimote or Pro Controller.
After several hours of playing XCX or Splatoon I always have neckpain + both my hands and fingers ache.

Edited on by shani

Azooooz

Alright, for those who want to know what's in the update, here it is:

• Mini-map
  • Online tags
    Stability Improvements (who doesn't want that?)
  • Various Fixes.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

veeflames

@shani No offense, but I still don't understand the whole "GamePad is heavy" thing. Sure, it's heavier than the Pro Controller, but it's still very light to me, considering how much is in the GamePad. I dare even say that my 7-inch tablet is heavier than it.
On an entirely different note, It seems my FRN game is broken. I cannot get past the Kenshu Jungle in Titanium Cup because the game freezes (2nd time now in the same circumstances) while it's loading the 3rd stage. If I press the Home Menu, the game's splash screen (the screen that shows up when you boot the game) appears, but nothing happens after that. Right now I have to go all the way to the Wii U to hard-reset the thing.
Any suggestions? I'm thinking of backin up my save, deleting the game and redownloading it. That January update cannot come sooner enough, though.

God first.

veeflames

Never mind my predicament; it seems the issue has resolved itself. Finally cleared Titanium Cup!

God first.

shani

@VeeFlamesNL: Well I didn't understand it myself until I started playing Splatoon like an addict. And XCX is even worse.
I also think there's so much in the Gamepad that it's not heavy if you consider that. But in practice it is, because after playing Splatoon for 4-5 hours or even XCX for 5-8 hours (and even before that), my hands, wrists and fingers (usually on one side) really start to ache. I rarely felt that kind of pain from gaming but in this case it can only be caused by the Gamepad's weight over time.

Grumblevolcano

I just unlocked Hypersonic and the first cup in Hero mode. I don't see myself doing well on Hero mode any time soon, tried it out on Mueller Pacific and was game over on the first lap!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bluemage1989

Vee_Flames wrote:

@shani No offense, but I still don't understand the whole "GamePad is heavy" thing. Sure, it's heavier than the Pro Controller, but it's still very light to me, considering how much is in the GamePad. I dare even say that my 7-inch tablet is heavier than it.
On an entirely different note, It seems my FRN game is broken. I cannot get past the Kenshu Jungle in Titanium Cup because the game freezes (2nd time now in the same circumstances) while it's loading the 3rd stage. If I press the Home Menu, the game's splash screen (the screen that shows up when you boot the game) appears, but nothing happens after that. Right now I have to go all the way to the Wii U to hard-reset the thing.
Any suggestions? I'm thinking of backin up my save, deleting the game and redownloading it. That January update cannot come sooner enough, though.

Had the same issue myself sometimes when I play Titanium cup bit of a pain but reset generally resolves it. As for the game I wasn't going to get this but after it reviewed so high I thought I'd give it a go and must say it is incredible. A love letter to my late 90s childhood

bluemage1989

Freeon-Leon

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I just unlocked Hypersonic and the first cup in Hero mode. I don't see myself doing well on Hero mode any time soon, tried it out on Mueller Pacific and was game over on the first lap!

It's still a ton of fun! It's become my favorite mode so far

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

NintendoFan64

Got the game today....it's definitely got the Fast part down!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tasuki

Played a bit of this the other night with the guys from work and it's definitely in our multiplayer rotation now. Wonderful game indeed.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shani

@Tasuki: @Grumblevolcano: @bluemage1989: @Freeon-Leon: @NintendoFan64: Care to join our tournament? We're still three players short.

@Vee_Flames: @bluemage1989: I actually prefer playing fast-paced games (FRN, Smash, Bayonetta - but I still play MK8 with Wiimote+Nunchuk) with the Pro Controller. I don't know if it's the weight, the size, the fact that my hands are closer to each other or something completely different, but I definitely feel like I'm able to reacht faster that way. Maybe the weight of the pad does strain the hands a bit and takes energy away so that your hands become less responsive? I'm not sure myself.

Edited on by shani

Freeon-Leon

@shani: I'm in, but I won't be able to play until next weekend, if that's fine then count me in.

Btw, I just beat all the courses in Hero Mode today. It felt so rewarding

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.