Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 521 to 540 of 961

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

521. Posted:

Matillion wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

Tough choice if you can only get one. Those are both awesome Wii games. I would pick Tatsunoko vs. Capcom because it's not on the Xbox 360 (yet). I did enjoy playing Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing more than TVC, but I like racing games better than fighting games. Especially fighting games filled with old school anime characters no one's ever heard of before.

I prefer racing over fighting, but I like anime characters. And I'd like to know which has better online, since
I rarely play offline-multiplayer.

My Internet connection sucks for games, so hopefully someone else here can help you. I can say it was usually easier for me personally to find an online match in Tatsunoko vs Capcom than it was in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing. My Sonic racing games ran a lot smoother than Tatsunoko once I found a match, though. Tatsunoko was unplayable for me online. I'd be doing great and then my connection would drop and one second later I'd be dead on the ground wondering what happened.

Project-L wrote:

Punch-Out!! or Super Paper Mario

I didn't care for Super Paper Mario. Mainly because it wasn't as funny as Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door for the GameCube (RIP). I'd go for Punch Out!! if you were a fan of the original NES game. For $20 I'd buy it myself but the crowd's flash photography makes a strobe effect that gives me a splitting headache after an hour. Hope you don't have epilepsy.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Link245

522. Posted:

Project-L wrote:

Which Nintendo Selects should I purchase?

While I have never played Punch-Out, I am strongly against Super Paper Mario. The original Paper Mario is one of my favorite games of all time and I loved the sequel as well, but this game took away all the elements that made the first two games so great. Do not buy. I ended up selling my copy.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

523. Posted:

Then Nintendo Selects Punch-Out!! it is.

Edited on by LucinaSmash

hype train destinations: Super Smash Bros

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

524. Posted:

Punch-Out!! is brilliant, you'd be crazy not to get it. :p
Dare I say it, it's better than the Nes original....Which c'mon now, it IS...If you take off the wonderful sparkly fluorecent Nostalgia shades. B-) I especially love it whent he oppents come back for revenge in Title Defense, AND prepared! :p
Weather it's King Hippo duck taping a sewer lid to his belly, or Glass Joe wearing Head gear to pretect his fragile little head ect ect, it's always amusing, fun and interesting to find their new tricky weaknesses and the like.

The original Punch-Out!! was amazing when it first hit the scene, and it's so memorable and iconic PLUS Mike Tyson in all of his unstoppable glory made his Final Boss 8-bit debut. But, Punch-Out!! Wii does it better, it's just that it's nowhere near as fresh, since it's more like a remake of the first, yet it offers a deeper and more complex pattern based gameplay experience, plus Disco Kid and a special other character have made their way into the roster. Bear Hugger from Super Punch-Out!! is also in there and more. ;)

If anything, Super Punch-Out!! is the weakest of the three....It got a little too crazy, since some of the boxers you were fighting, weren't even boxers.lol But holy crap did i get a kick out of the Narcist Prince....Tis a shame he never made his prissy mushroom cut-headed return. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

525. Posted:

Link245 wrote:

Project-L wrote:

While I have never played Punch-Out, I am strongly against Super Paper Mario. The original Paper Mario is one of my favorite games of all time and I loved the sequel as well, but this game took away all the elements that made the first two games so great. Do not buy. I ended up selling my copy.

I didn't. Super Paper Mario is the best game of the 3 Paper Marios. It's amazing!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

526. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Link245 wrote:

Project-L wrote:

I didn't. Super Paper Mario is the best game of the 3 Paper Marios. It's amazing!

I loved Super Paper Mario, heavy in the dialogue aside. Besides, PM and TYID don't have Francis and I'm sure their soundtracks don't even come close to being amazing as SPM's...Then again, i may be totaly wrong hehe. :D Anyways, I don't think I'll ever get around to playing the previous two since i'm just not a fan of Turn Based combat. Sigh*

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

527. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Punch-Out!! is brilliant, you'd be crazy not to get it. :p
Dare I say it, it's better than the Nes original....Which c'mon now, it IS...If you take off the wonderful sparkly fluorecent Nostalgia shades. B-) I especially love it whent he oppents come back for revenge in Title Defense, AND prepared! :p
Weather it's King Hippo duck taping a sewer lid to his belly, or Glass Joe wearing Head gear to pretect his fragile little head ect ect, it's always amusing, fun and interesting to find their new tricky weaknesses and the like.

The original Punch-Out!! was amazing when it first hit the scene, and it's so memorable and iconic PLUS Mike Tyson in all of his unstoppable glory made his Final Boss 8-bit debut. But, Punch-Out!! Wii does it better, it's just that it's nowhere near as fresh, since it's more like a remake of the first, yet it offers a deeper and more complex pattern based gameplay experience, plus Disco Kid and a special other character have made their way into the roster. Bear Hugger from Super Punch-Out!! is also in there and more. ;)

If anything, Super Punch-Out!! is the weakest of the three....It got a little too crazy, since some of the boxers you were fighting, weren't even boxers.lol But holy crap did i get a kick out of the Narcist Prince....Tis a shame he never made his prissy mushroom cut-headed return. :p

OMG Waveboy liking a newer version of a game rather than the original :O. J/K dude.

Super Punch Out!! for me holds a speical spot for me since that was the first Punch Out game I really got into and even beat. I rented Mike Tysons several times when I was younger but I never really did get far I always ended up losing to Soda Popinski. But yeah Super Punch Out didnt make too much sense with Dragon Chan and his kicking and the old man with the stick I was like WTF when did this become a street fight. Also I didnt like the one round only match and the fact that you couldnt win by decision either. And yes I too would love to see Narcist Prince make a return as well.

But enough of that I have to agree Punch Out!! Wii is beautifully down whatever The Original Punch Out does Punch Out Wii does better. I wish they would have included more people from Super Punch Out instead of just Bear Hugger and Aran Ryan.

Anyone who was on the fence with Punch Out!! would be silly to pass on it now at the Nintendo Select price.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

528. Posted:

lol Hey Tasuki, I'll even admit that I found Wario Land Shake it! better than most of the Super Mario games, but I'm probably in the minority with that one...WarioWoods comes to my rescue.lol :p Actually.... screw it, SMB1-3 + World are just too damn classic. :p

Anyways, Super Punch-Out!! i found was even thougher than the original....I still can't get past The 2nd to last Bruiser brother. Beats me to a pulp everytime. Not to mention I still for the life of me can't finish Mike Tyson in the origial. BUT I finished Punch-Out!! Wii's main game and Title Defense which was tough as nails.....Forget Sand man, wait until you go up against the tricky frusturating incredibly tough doink' head that is....SPOILERS AHEAD >............................................DK. :o I still can't rememeber if I actually beat him. lol

Anyways! which of the two is better guys?
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles or Resident Evil: Darkside Chonicles? DC looks superior in almost every way, but the realistic shaky cam looks like things may get a wee' bit annoying at times. :p Especially if you're trying to carefully aim when all of the sudden the camera screws you over and quickly zips away.

Untitled

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

529. Posted:

Anyone recommend Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga?

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

Matillion

530. Posted:

Hey, guys, I'm wondering if I should get Xenoblade or WarioWare D.I.Y.
I'm planning to get both SOMETIME, but right now I'm low on cash and Xenoblade's expensive here.
I can find WarioWare at 20 bucks. While I love RPGs, I also love being creative.
So, yeah. Help me Gandalfs.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage

reborn

531. Posted:

@Matillion The question is simple. What do you prefer: creating EVERYTHING of a microgame or playing an engaging JRPG considered by some critics as the best RPG of this generation and one of the best of this decade? :P Okay, I'm not impartial :D But the truth is if you're a JRPG lover don't hesitate a sec about getting Xenoblade: you won't get disappointed! If you don't love THAT JRPG's and you prefer something refreshing, WarioWare is also an excellent game. But I've got the oportunity to get WW at 10€ and I'd prefered to get Xeno (yeah RPG's are my favourite genre ;) ).

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

532. Posted:

My 2 main interest in Punch Out!! are to fight Donkey Kong and the Game & Watch style gameplay (the series was base on)

Should I purchase Punch-Out!! base on those interest?

hype train destinations: Super Smash Bros

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

533. Posted:

You should Purchase Punch-Out!! even without those interests as it's one of the greatest Wii games period. :p

Anyways, for some reason i feel like maybe picking up RE: Umbrella Chronicles before i go ahead with Darkside Chronicles. I feel like I didn't quite give UC a fair shake...I mean i hated playing it with the Nunchuck/Wii Remto Combo....But now I have the Nyko Gun attachment and it makes the world of a difference, and to just play with the Gun + Wii Remote instead of using the Nunchuck. B-)

Untitled

BUT, what really annoyed the hell out of me with UC before was that the zombies reacted oddly to gun shots. You could rapidly fire a zombie in the head with a hand gun and it would take up to 10 shots at times, while it's head begun to quickly jerk and swerve and go limp-like to each bullet, but never seemed to pop. THEN they'd always get a hold of you and you'd have to shake them off. it was pretty ridiculous...Plus the Bosses had the tiniest dead zones period, and because of that hitting them in the right spot became frustrating extending the boss battles well past their due.

Have these 2 oddities been addressed in the Super duper SUPERIOR looking Sequal? ......Pwease Help. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

Matillion

534. Posted:

@reborn, I just ordered for WarioWare. Can't wait. :P
Xenoblade looks awesome, but I think I'll get it for Christmas instead.
Plus, right now it's like 50 to 100 bucks. And I'm worried 'bout the dual-layer disc thing.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

535. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

what really annoyed the hell out of me with UC before was that the zombies reacted oddly to gun shots. You could rapidly fire a zombie in the head with a hand gun and it would take up to 10 shots at times, while it's head begun to quickly jerk and swerve and go limp-like to each bullet, but never seemed to pop. ...Plus the Bosses had the tiniest dead zones period, and because of that hitting them in the right spot became frustrating extending the boss battles well past their due.

Have these 2 oddities been addressed in the Super duper SUPERIOR looking Sequal? ......Pwease Help. :p

Nope. Bosses still have tiny dead zones in Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles and it's still difficult to score head shots on regular enemies. Your crosshair will glow when you line up perfectly for a head shot, so you have to watch for that. Also unlike Dead Space your weapons in this game are super weak. You really will be hitting zombies repeatedly in the head with little effect. You can upgrade your weapons the longer you play, but even after maxing out my hand gun (took forever) it still didn't seem up to the task.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

536. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

what really annoyed the hell out of me with UC before was that the zombies reacted oddly to gun shots. You could rapidly fire a zombie in the head with a hand gun and it would take up to 10 shots at times, while it's head begun to quickly jerk and swerve and go limp-like to each bullet, but never seemed to pop. ...Plus the Bosses had the tiniest dead zones period, and because of that hitting them in the right spot became frustrating extending the boss battles well past their due.

Nope. Bosses still have tiny dead zones in Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles and it's still difficult to score head shots on regular enemies. Your crosshair will glow when you line up perfectly for a head shot, so you have to watch for that. Also unlike Dead Space your weapons in this game are super weak. You really will be hitting zombies repeatedly in the head with little effect. You can upgrade your weapons the longer you play, but even after maxing out my hand gun (took forever) it still didn't seem up to the task.

Maybe you were playing on HARD difficulty, but I was doing neat headshot series with a maxed out hand pistol on NORMAL difficulty all the time, in Umbrella and Darkside! (I have em both)
On HARD though, the Zombies eat a few bullets.
Aiming wasn't a problem at all, pretty standard pointer controls. Yeah, Darkside has that actionmovie firstperson camera which makes aiming difficult in some action scenes, but you get used to it and learn where to aim. Railshooters are all about repeating the levels over and over again anyway.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

537. Posted:

Oh yeah Red Steel 2 is awesome guys thanks for the recommendation!

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

538. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Maybe you were playing on HARD difficulty, but I was doing neat headshot series with a maxed out hand pistol on NORMAL difficulty all the time, in Umbrella and Darkside! (I have em both)
On HARD though, the Zombies eat a few bullets.
Aiming wasn't a problem at all, pretty standard pointer controls. Yeah, Darkside has that actionmovie firstperson camera which makes aiming difficult in some action scenes, but you get used to it and learn where to aim. Railshooters are all about repeating the levels over and over again anyway.

So of the two which did you guys prefer? I really feel like I should start out with UC again so i can give it a fair shake without the Nunchuck and by just using my Nyko Perfect Shot. tis' a shame this is another Wii title that makes use of the Fake Widescreen Bars which decreases the actual screen size unless you have an HDTV...Unless this is pulling an RE4: Wii Edition where capcom has it zooming in on Widescreen HDTV's. Sigh*

That aside, how were the graphics, the action, the on rails stage design, music, voice acting and the like regarding both when stacked up against one another? Then again, that's probably a stupid question considering DC looks superior in evey single way tee hee. B-)

It just has that more realistic shaky cam which seems to have devied the audience-O hehe. As of now, both Dead Space: Extraction and HOTD:Overkill were mediocre stinkers in my books....:p Hell i still haven't even gotten back to Extraction's last few chapters. lol

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

539. Posted:

My ratings for the railshooters I own on the Wii:

9/10 Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies
9/10 Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
9/10 Dead Space Extraction
8/10 Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
8/10 The House of the Dead Overkill
7/10 Link's Crossbow Training
7/10 Gunblade NY & L.A. Machineguns
6/10 530 Eco Shooter (WW)

I thought the railshooter elements in Disaster: Day of Crisis, Dragon Quest Swords and Samurai Warriors Katana weren't bad either.

Still need to add The House of the Dead 2&3 Return and Ghost Squad to my collection. Anything else?

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

540. Posted:

I think that pretty much sums up the On Rails Wii collection. :p Speaking of Dragon Quest Swords, I've sort of got my eye on that one. It looks to have some pretty unique motion/combat controls, as far as using the shield goes. :p Is it worth picking up?

Untitled

Same deal with Excite Truck....Even though I already have 'Excitebots which is such a quirkly blazing fast bugged out insaely radical racer(although i hated those giant red bars that made you come to a complete hault while spinning around for 15 seconds.lol) But part of me feels that i should just stick with the bugs and pass on the Trucks. :p

Anyways, I'd give....

6.5 - House of the Dead: Overkill
8.5 - Sin & Punishment 2
7 - Link's Crossbow Training - (if only it were rocking at 60fps)

Sin & Punishment is hands down the cream of the crop based on what I've played, but part of the experience for the millionth time left me feeling cold. You've gotta admit, it just feels lifeless and empty at times due to the games lifeless droney characters, the dismal menu presentation and forgettable sound track. But obviously, there ARE moments of greatness sprinkled here and there for the most part and it's one hellova roller coaster ride from beginning to end. The Boss battles were pretty damn awesome, the last had me on my toes especially! Talk about Neo Stardust Spaceified Bullet Hell-dum. lol

But I threw it out of my collection for just feeling too iffy on it, not my cup of tea exactly. :p
Also I can't exactly rate Dead Space: Extraction considering i haven't finished it. I think I'm going to restart the game on HARD mode once i get my new set of headphones and give it a second chance. B-)

Edited on by WaveWarlock