Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 926

WiiAboutU

I'm enjoying it so far @WaveBoy, it has slightly addictive gameplay. I'm sure my son will enjoy it too, well as soon as he becomes comfortable with the control scheme and gameplay mechanics that is. I know it'll most likely be very difficult to find anyone who still owns this and has also edited levels. (<:

Elebits= 8.0/10 (Maybe even a few more tenths of a point.)

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

WiiAboutU

I've unlocked My Room and it's objects in Edit Mode. I've also finished the level in under 5 min., so Eternal Mode is available as well. Now my son will at least have one level to practice without a time limit. I'm guessing the purpose of Eternal Mode is to practice towards achieving an S ranking, am I correct?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

WiiAboutU

I've achieved the S ranking on the second level, but I've only unlocked Score Attack Mode. Can anyone tell me where and how I can acquire the 2nd & 3rd pink Elebits? )<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

WiiAboutU

Thanks for recommending it @WaveBoy, it's becoming more addictive than any other Wii title I've experienced thus far. I haven't come to the outdoor stages yet, but I've cleared the first three stages with an S rank so far. I made sure I collected all three pink Elebits for each level. And intern Eternal Mode is unlocked for my son to practice the level's scenarios without a time limit. It seems too difficult to find anyone who owns Elebits, let alone anyone who has edited levels. I'll begin editing my first level soon, if you want to give it a shot when I'm finished @WaveBoy you may. (<:

WiiAboutU

@WaveBoy Do you have any other recommendations that are comparable to Elebits? Too bad there hasn't been a sequel made available yet. )<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

WiiAboutU

I'm having some trouble trying to decide which Wii title to purchase next, it's a toss up between Sin and Punishment: Star Successor or Muramasa: The Demon Blade? I know they both fall under two completely different genres, but can anyone please help me come to a conclusion? If you could explain your likes and dislikes for each title, that would also be helpful and greatly appreciated. (<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Matillion

I don't own any of them, but I'd get Sin and Punishment.

Also, Boom Blox Bash Party, anyone?

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

WiiAboutU

Thank you for your recommendations @vonseux and @kkslider5552000. Can either of you guys tell me which of these titles has a higher replay value? @kkslider5552000 how lengthy is Muramasa: The Demon Blade? Since my inquiry Sin and Punishment: Star Successor and Muramasa: The Demon Blade have both received an equal amount of recommendations in this thread. Can someone please help tip the scales in either of their favor?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

SKTTR

I have both Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies.
I like Sin & Punishment more, because it is one of the best 3D-shmups ever.

Muramasa had so much potential, but there's one flaw that disturbed me throughout the whole experience: The different backgrounds repeat way too often so that the world seems like a non-consistent random mess of beautiful art. Imagine Metroid recycling whole screens (!) and even whole sections of the map again and again and again (!) That is the level design in Muramasa! Pretty crappy. Now consider it's only 670MB. There's 3.3 Gigabyte of unused space on the disc that could have all kinds of awesome art and more backgrounds. It's very unfortunate, but Muramasa felt rushed to me.

As for longevity and replay value, Muramasa has definately the exploring, grinding (leveling), and collecting factor on its side as well as two different intertwined story modes / playable characters. Sin & Punishment has the 2 player co-op and the online leaderboards / highscore hunting.

Muramasa could have been a much better experiece.
Sin & Punishment is action perfection.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

WiiAboutU

Thanks for informing me on this matter @SKTTR. Can anyone recommend Samurai Warriors 3, it's my alternative to Muramasa: The Demon Blade?

SKTTR

Hello, it's me again. I have Samurai Warriors 3. But I'm looking for a recommendation too... Haven't played it much.

It's a simple mission based hack&slay action-RPG. There are tons of characters to select (and unlock), each with his/her own fighting style, stats and weapons, and even their own (short) story mode. There's 2p co-op splitscreen and online multiplayer, a character editor, and heaps of other stuff in various options. From the first look it seems massive.

But I found it rather simple and quite boring (even in 2p co-op) because basically you just run around, kill thousands of soldiers and yeah, that's it. You can ride a horse, that's neat, but apart from that I couldn't find much variety in my 5 hours of playing this, so I stopped because of lack of interest and played other games I found better.

Hope someone can tell me if it's worth sticking with SW3. Hope the game offers something more interesting, like, when playing with other characters maybe?! There might be a chance that I picked the worst character and got a bad first impression. What is your favourite character? Who has the best story? The best missions? The game really needs to show me something cool, because the start was dull. The mechanics and everything is great and pretty polished, and the fmv's are excellent, so I'd love to give this a second chance.

On that matter, there's another game in the series on the Wii that I also have: Samurai Warriors Katana.
It's massive as well, but actually innovative and fun, and the missions are full of variety with plenty surprises.
Just need to practice the controls a bit since it has first generation Wii motion controls (without MotionPlus) like Dragon Quest Swords and Cursed Mountain and some people have problems with that.

WiiAboutU

Thanks @vonseux, that's exactly what I've done and I should be receiving Muramasa by this thursday. (<:

Bankai

Hope someone can tell me if it's worth sticking with SW3. Hope the game offers something more interesting, like, when playing with other characters maybe?! There might be a chance that I picked the worst character and got a bad first impression. What is your favourite character? Who has the best story? The best missions? The game really needs to show me something cool, because the start was dull. The mechanics and everything is great and pretty polished, and the fmv's are excellent, so I'd love to give this a second chance.

Try reading about the history of the characters. Most of SW's characters (with a few notable exceptions like Kunoichi, which is Japanese for "female ninja," and not an individual at all) are based on historical counterparts, and their stories and the battles in the game is loosely based on what happened in real life.

That's what got me into the game, was the historical relevance. I read some books on Sengoku history, and do some research, and the game became that much more enjoyable to me.

kribsylicious

Does anybody know about any graphic adventure/puzzle games on the wii? I already have Another Code R and Zack & Wiki.

My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2578-3560-0869

kribsylicious

Thanks. I already have Broken Sword for the Ds but I´m interested in the others

My Backloggery

SKTTR

kirby97 wrote:

Does anybody know about any graphic adventure/puzzle games on the wii? I already have Another Code R and Zack & Wiki.

I really liked Telltale's "Tales of Monkey Island" and the two "Sam & Max" seasons, despite them being poor ports. "StrongBad's Cool Game for Attractive People" wasn't bad either (have only beaten the first epsiode, will buy the others one day too).

I also have "The Golden Compass" which is a decent movie adaption made by Shiny and published by SEGA, it has quite some interesting ideas for a point&click and some variety (like platforming/puzzle/action bits).

Nothing can beat "Another Code R" though.

As I'm browsing through my collection, I found another one that I highy recommend - "ENDLESS OCEAN 2" (and 1) - it's an underwater adventure/exploration point&click. It's not a point&click in the classic sense, but still very similiar somehow - with a story and adventure and puzzles etc.

I have another graphic adventure/puzzle - "Safecracker" - where you explore a mansion, find hints, and solve puzzles. It's not the best game of it's kind, and it has some very difficult puzzles, but it's ok since it's very cheap nowadays.

The next graphic adventure puzzle that I want to get on the Wii is mixed with an object-finding game: "Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident". Looks intriguing.

SteveW

I overlooked the Remington and Cabela's games for years, I never thought I'd like them but they are excellent, the Top Shot Elite rifle is great, the Wii is the perfect system for all those games. Over the past year I ended up buying them all because most of the games are $10-$20. If you like light gun shooters check them out.

SteveW

kribsylicious

I really liked Telltale's "Tales of Monkey Island" and the two "Sam & Max" seasons, despite them being poor ports. "StrongBad's Cool Game for Attractive People" wasn't bad either (have only beaten the first epsiode, will buy the others one day too).

I also have "The Golden Compass" which is a decent movie adaption made by Shiny and published by SEGA, it has quite some interesting ideas for a point&click and some variety (like platforming/puzzle/action bits).

Nothing can beat "Another Code R" though.

As I'm browsing through my collection, I found another one that I highy recommend - "ENDLESS OCEAN 2" (and 1) - it's an underwater adventure/exploration point&click. It's not a point&click in the classic sense, but still very similiar somehow - with a story and adventure and puzzles etc.

I have another graphic adventure/puzzle - "Safecracker" - where you explore a mansion, find hints, and solve puzzles. It's not the best game of it's kind, and it has some very difficult puzzles, but it's ok since it's very cheap nowadays.

The next graphic adventure puzzle that I want to get on the Wii is mixed with an object-finding game: "Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident". Looks intriguing.

Thanks for those good ideas. I agree with you, Another Code R is great. I'm interested in Sam and Max Season 1. Is it good even with the framerate issues? I also agree with you about Mystery Case Files, it looks like a really solid game.

Edited on by kribsylicious

My Backloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic