Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 501 to 520 of 964

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

501. Posted:

Seriously! Samurai Warriors! I am still playing it! Except Waltz won't play with me in Murasame Mode...

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Matillion

502. Posted:

n0body wrote:

So I heard about this niche game released only in Europe called Zeno's Blade or something along those lines. Granted with a name like that it's probably just some cheesy-japaneesy, emo hack n'slash, but I hear its built up a small cult following...
Should I consider getting it when it hits the bargain bin?

Don't listen to SKTTR, this game is awesome,
and I haven't even played it yet. http://www.youtube.com/xenobladewii Check this for footage, etc.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

503. Posted:

Gonna recommend Pikmin 2. Because it's better than Little King's Story in every way, even though it was made almost seven years ago. Oh, wait--the new Wii isn't backwards compatible with GameCube games... never mind. :(

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Mabbit

504. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Gonna recommend Pikmin 2. Because it's better than Little King's Story in every way, even though it was made almost seven years ago. Oh, wait--the new Wii isn't backwards compatible with GameCube games... never mind. :(

Well then, it's a good thing that nobody's bought the new Wii yet. :|

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

505. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

I'm dieing to play Pikmin 2, as i had a flat out wonderful time with Pikmin NPC for the Wii, but i have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time going back to analog controls with the curser in the GCN version....It pisses me off to no end that Nintendo never bothered to release Pikmin NPC 2 in the US...

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

506. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

You wont be disappointed with Batman the Brave and the Bold Waveboy especially if you have someone to play the co-op with you. My son rented that from Blockbuster and after watching him play the first level I had to jump in an play it with him.

Wow you have never played or liked a Batman game since Batman on the NES?

Have you ever tried Batman Returns on SNES or The Adventures of Batman and Robin on SNES? If you havent I suggest you check them out especially if you liked the Tim Burton movie or the 90's animated series.

I think I may of played a bit of Batman returns for the SNES, but not too much of it. Wasn't it a brawler? As for the original Nes Batman...That game brought me to tears of frustration back when i was 6.lol I think it's the first time where a videogame ever made me cry due to difficulty. :p

And good to here the positivity with Batman & The Brave, i'm pretty pumped for it! B-) Hell, even the cartoon itself seemed pretty great based on the few episodes that I've seen. And plus WayForward is behind it so that gets me even more hyped.

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

507. Posted:

At first I thought @Tasuki said "You will be disappointed with Batman: The Brave and the Bold." But yeah, it's a totally awesome co-op brawler.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

508. Posted:

Any fans of Dewy's Adventure? B-)

Untitled
Soooo Beautifullll, my eyes are bleeding mountains of beautiful magical rainbows

It kind of looks and feels like a companion piece to Elebits. B-)
Yet it seems to have flown under the radar, unlike Elebits.....Which is actually one of my favorite Wii titles, although the outdoor levels took a nice chunky dip in the framerate department.lol But other than that it was one of the best experiences I've had on the Wii, and it's another perfect example of brilliant and innovative Wii controls. It just feels dreamy and other worldy at times. :D

Dewy's Adventure Trailer!

But again with Elebits.....It must be the hazy dreamy visuals, the quirky fantastic hypnotic SFX, the trippy Elebits themselves and the shimmering atmospheric soundtrack hehe. And I'd LOVEEE to see an Elebits 2 for the Wii U in 1080p, with 3D technology on a 50" Plasma, running at 60fps using MotionPlus controls. :O

Sadly, I'm probaby one of the few Elebits fans on this site. lol
Dewy's Adventure Screens

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

509. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

You wont be disappointed with Batman the Brave and the Bold Waveboy especially if you have someone to play the co-op with you. My son rented that from Blockbuster and after watching him play the first level I had to jump in an play it with him.

Wow you have never played or liked a Batman game since Batman on the NES?

Have you ever tried Batman Returns on SNES or The Adventures of Batman and Robin on SNES? If you havent I suggest you check them out especially if you liked the Tim Burton movie or the 90's animated series.

I think I may of played a bit of Batman returns for the SNES, but not too much of it. Wasn't it a brawler? As for the original Nes Batman...That game brought me to tears of frustration back when i was 6.lol I think it's the first time where a videogame ever made me cry due to difficulty. :p

And good to here the positivity with Batman & The Brave, i'm pretty pumped for it! B-) Hell, even the cartoon itself seemed pretty great based on the few episodes that I've seen. And plus WayForward is behind it so that gets me even more hyped.

Yeah Batman Returns was a brawler alot like Final Fight or TMNT IV: Turtles in Time, in fact it was made by Konami. Another great thing about it is its got the awesome Danny Elfman soundtrack from the movie as well which adds to the mood to the game definitely one of the best movie based games I ever played.

OMG I hated the NES Batman just for the difficulty alone. Yep out of all my NES games I had when I was a kid Batman, Battletoads and Ninja Gaiden 2 were the only ones I never finished due to the difficulty. In Batman I would always get to the third level I think it was, the one that was in a cave or some underground thing.

Personally I always liked the Gameboy Batman alot more than the NES one.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

510. Posted:

@Tasuki

I just checked out some gameplay footage from Batman Returns, and it instantly brang back some foggy memories. I remember those giant fat clowns that's for sure...Or at least the first stage if anything. But i think i was growing tired of the brawler genre at that point....Then again i'm not too sure.

I had my TMNT II: The Arcade Game, The Simpsons, X-men and Final Fight fix at the Arcades and Chuck E Cheese's. While beating up chicks with style in the ultra cool Double Dragon, kicking some major Shell in TMNT II for the NES, getting a major dose of Mo-hawked midnight thugs and techno beats in Streets of Rage 1 & 2 on the Genesis and brawling it out with my buds Turtles in Time style.

But Batman Returns must of escaped me. :p I remember seeing the movie itself in the theatres and loving the hell out of it at least haha. Anyways, the fact that Konami brewed up this Bat beast has instantly got me interested. Definitly another SNES gem to add to the list. :D That, and especially Demon's Crest

As for the NES Batman, that's another game....Along with Battletoads that i have to get my tastey revenge on. They may have beat me when I was a mullet funkin' youngster, but times have changed, I've got the skills to pay the surfer bills and it's time to show those 2 who's the bleepin' Boss. B-)

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

AuthorMessage

VTviking

511. Posted:

Xenoblade, Xenoblade and more Xenoblade :P

VTviking

AuthorMessage

n0body

512. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

I'm dieing to play Pikmin 2, as i had a flat out wonderful time with Pikmin NPC for the Wii, but i have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time going back to analog controls with the curser in the GCN version....It pisses me off to no end that Nintendo never bothered to release Pikmin NPC 2 in the US...

I imported NPC Pikmin 2 (as a test case for Xenoblade, in fact) and it works perfectly for me using Gecko and forcing 60Hz. Granted my TV can display PAL, but it's worth every penny I spent on it.
Regarding Dewy's Adventure, I have both that game and Elebits. Dewy clearly had a lot of heart and creativity put into it (not to mention polish), but I feel the controls and camera don't live up to the rest of the experience. Those being pretty much the two most crucial elements in a good platformer, the game felt about average to me in the long run. It's too bad the team that made Dewy and Elebits wasn't allowed to continue working on Wii, as I feel they would have eventually struck gold.

n0body

AuthorMessage

Matillion

513. Posted:

I want Xeno, but I'm worried about the dual disc thing.
What now?

3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage

Matillion

514. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Tough choice if you can only get one. Those are both awesome Wii games. I would pick Tatsunoko vs. Capcom because it's not on the Xbox 360 (yet). I did enjoy playing Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing more than TVC, but I like racing games better than fighting games. Especially fighting games filled with old school anime characters no one's ever heard of before.

I prefer racing over fighting, but I like anime characters. And I'd like to know which has better online, since
I rarely play offline-multiplayer.

3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

515. Posted:

Which Nintendo Selects should I purchase?

Punch-Out!! or Super Paper Mario

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

516. Posted:

Punch-Out!!

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

pikku

517. Posted:

Punch Out

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

518. Posted:

I loved Dewy's Adventure! And Elebits but I traded them in long ago... :(

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Ren

519. Posted:

I too was an Elebits fan. From the launch games it was one of the best. So much to interact with and lots of replay value. Even the level editor was pretty cool, if a little before it's time with the internet function. I just wish there were a way to play it so it didn't slow down once things get really busy.
I wish there were a search function in these boards, I'd like to find anyone who has played DeBlob 2. I wonder if it's as good as the first one, which I loved. Reviews are pretty mixed. the negative reviews say that the save function is really bad, but it wasn't great in the first one either and I could live with that. Overall, though, is it still as cool as the first one?

Ren

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

520. Posted:

Project-L wrote:

Which Nintendo Selects should I purchase?

Punch-Out!! or Super Paper Mario

Super Paper Mario if you want a good platformer RPG mix.
Punch-Out!! if you want a good boxing game.

Personally I prefer Super Paper Mario.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com