Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 926

Chrono_Cross

Epic Mickey wasn't necessarily epic rather enjoyable for what it is.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

LucinaSmash

I was suppose to get Punch-Out!! yesterday but my store didn't have it and whenever my interest gets reschedule, I rethink my interest.

So my new interest now is Epic Mickey. Will buying Epic Mickey over Punch-Out!! be a good investment?

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Bankai

WaveBoy wrote:

Does anybody recommend Ju-on:The Grudge? Actually scratch that. I don't give a damn what anybody says about it. This looks like a tiny little Scary short but sweet(Maybe sweet is being a bit too kind?) roller coaster horror ride, and if I can score it for cheap just in time for Halloween then I'm in!

Untitled

I'm pretty sure I've already talked about this game. It's not really a game, but it's good nonetheless. It's a "fright simulator." It's slow as all hell, and there's no weapons, and it's so linear it's virtual on rails.

But at the same time the game has some frights at great moments. I really enjoyed this "game" overall, but if you're expecting Silent Hill or Resident Evil, you're going to be really disappointed.

WiiAboutU

Can anyone recommend the best Wii titles that fully utilize the WiiMote's capabilities? I might purchase a new copy of Elebits, does anyone disagree with this decision? Why or why not?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

WiiAboutU

Do you guys recommend Resident Evil 4?

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

Matillion

Ask M. Bison.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

SKTTR

WiiAboutU wrote:

Do you guys recommend Resident Evil 4?

If you haven't played it before on Gamecube or PS2, then yeah, you should get the Wii version. One of the best action games of last gen. Still holds up very well today.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

WiiAboutU

@SKTTR, is RE4 the best choice of a RE title for Wii? This one is also mainly for my son to play, he told me he really enjoys FPS titles. They cause me motion sickness, go figure huh? lol

Edited on by WiiAboutU

SKTTR

WiiAboutU wrote:

@SKTTR, is RE4 the best choice of a RE title for Wii?

Yes. It is in my opinion the best version of the best RE game and it should be in every good collection.

The other four RE games on the Wii are great too if you're into old school RE and railshooters. If you want old school RE you can't go wrong with Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil. Both are also available on Gamecube, but again Wii is the best version. And if you like railshooters check out the Wii exclusive Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles. They're both pretty neat and have 2p co-op.

If you're interested, there are three more RE games on the Gamecube: Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica X. Unfortunately they weren't remade for the Wii (but of course you can play all Gamecube games on the Wii).

WiiAboutU

Thanks for enlightening me on that matter @SKTTR. I just ordered a new copy of RE4, luckily I purchased it for under $10 w/shipping. Don't you guys just love Amazon for this reason?

WiiAboutU

@vonseux I know right, it's an awesome price for still owning the factory seal. Any of you guys had the chance to experience Elebits? I purchased a factory sealed copy for under $14 w/shipping, it should arrive either today or tomorrow.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

SKTTR

@WiiAboutU:

I have Eledees (Elebits). Played through it once and never bothered to play it again. It's a good game but not quite my taste because, well, it feels very kiddy (might have something to do with the main character and plot). The time limit is so unnecessary. It would have been better if you could just take your time to explore. The online stage editor is neat and the splitscreen multiplayer can be crazy though. Eledees is worth a try because apparently there are people who really like it. For $14 it's ok I guess.

@vonseux:

First, that sounds all too personal. REA:RE and REA:REZ are running on the same engine and have the same gameplay, have about the same length, and the same replay value. So I don't really get the discrepance, I don't get why REA:RE is the best for you and REA:REZ comes in last. It's just different characters in a different plot/scenario, so your opinion must be based on subjective stuff.

REZ is more advanced thanks to the item drop and character switch features, so in reality REZ is technically the slightly better game. Putting RE way above REZ is just personal preference that has little to do with the qualities of the games.

Second, RE4 had much more replay value, because you can start over in a NEW GAME+ when beating the game: You keep all weapons and their stats, and you won't lose your money and energy packs and keep all the items in your inventory, so it's great for people like me who want to collect everything and replay the game under different (and easier) circumstances. I mastered RE4 on Gamecube four times. 2 times on Normal. 2 times on Pro. And soon I will replay this for at least a 5th and 6th time on Wii.

I thought RE1 wasn't all that replayable compared to RE4. Yeah, there are two different selectable characters and it's fun to beat the game once with each, but I wouldn't call it a replay, but two different scenarios.

There are 2 things to make a replay worth though, if you're into these things:

• 1. Trying to beat the game on a higher difficulty setting. The higher the difficulty the more survival! Always a good one. But RE4 has different difficulties too, so that can't be the reason why you said RE1 has more replay value!
  • 2. Speedrunning for costumes and a bonus weapon. That's a lame one! The time limit is frustratingly crazy (beat the whole game in 2h30m), the reward is crap, and the game is too slowpaced anyway. I always wondered why Capcom included rewards for speedrunning this game, as RE is a pretty speedrun-unfriendly game. You really need to know the game by heart and where to go next, skip all the cutscenes and most of the fights and items. Basically speedrunning RE means skipping the fun, exploiting dumb enemies and such, but yeah it's a hell of an achievement worth ranting about.

Edited on by SKTTR

WiiAboutU

@SKTTR As to Elebits, is there a set time limit while playing a level created by the editor?

SKTTR

WiiAboutU wrote:

@SKTTR As to Elebits, is there a set time limit while playing a level created by the editor?

If I remember correctly you can choose if there's a time limit on selfmade stages.

ChaosTheChao

Would anyone recommend sonic unleashed and legend of zelda: twilight princess?

Edited on by ChaosTheChao

No other thing could ever match the cuteness of Chao.
It pays to have your own opinion.
Former username: JakeTheChao
My Consoles : Wii, DS, 3DS, Xbox 360, PS2, Gamecube, Wii U
3ds FC: 1203-9370-6806
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Chaos The Chao
[strong][em]\"It's time to...

kkslider5552000

Twilight Princess is a 3D Zelda game. I think that alone is the best recommendation possible.

Sonic Unleashed is fun if you don't hate the werehog stages (which I didn't for the most part) but it seems fairly pointless compared to Colors.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

WiiAboutU

@SKTTR if you find all three pink Elebits in a level you unlock Eternal Mode, which allows you to practice that level's scenario without a time limit. (<:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic