Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Kirby Wii Discussion Thread

Posts 1 to 20 of 83

TKOWL

First, feast your eyes on this awesome trailer.
[youtube:GEkPTSMDi6E]
What I can derive from this trailer about the game so far:
-Kirby is facing an enemy that can pull people into a dark dimension with a huge ship.
-Classic Kirby gameplay is back, reminiscent of Kirby Super Star, played with the Wii Remote.
-New abilities include Ultra Sword, Water, Whip, and Leaf Kirby.
-Kirby can pick up items a la Kirby's Dream Land. The items shown are a cannon, a candle, and something that looks like Kuribo's Shoe.
-Alternate-dimentional areas are shown, where Kirby can suck up a huge amount of stuff, then spew it all back.
-4-player multiplayer is shown, in which the other 3 people can play as Meta-Knight, King Dedede, and the special bandana Waddle Dee from Kirby Super Star Ultra.
-And, in my opinion the best part about it, you can suck up your allies and use them as weapons!

Post your first impressions, expectations, reactions, etc.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Tasuki

If its like Kirby Super Star then I will pick it up for sure. Super Star was my favorite Kirby game of all time. I still havent playe Epic Yarn so I dont know how that compares to Super Star.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

Water Kirby confirms (for me) that this really is the Kirby game announced like 6 or 7 years ago.

I really hope this is finally the traditional Kirby game that brings the non-spinoff games back to the quality of the pre-GBA days.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Crystalking18

This is honestly a great looking game that I can't wait for. I think just the fact its a traditional kirby game is enough. Between this and Mass Attack, 2011 is the year of kirby! (and zelda)

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

SMW

Kirby Wii is my most wanted game for any console. I've been waiting for a 4 player Kirby ever since that GCN one that never released. It is so good to see that it will finally come to be. I'm excited for Mass Attack as well.

SMW

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9337-0499 | Nintendo Network ID: GF-REX | Twitter:

TKOWL

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Water Kirby confirms (for me) that this really is the Kirby game announced like 6 or 7 years ago.

Water Kirby was first seen in the Kirby anime before that trailer.
And yeah, this game looks like a build on that vaporware GCN Kirby game, except you can't call out multiple helpers as was shown in the old trailer.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Xkhaoz

I'm sure the guy at Brawl in the Family is already working on this stip... but....
Kirby drinks a glass of water, turns into water kirby
Kirby eats a salad, turns into leaf kirby

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Splat

SMW wrote:

Kirby Wii is my most wanted game for any console.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

kkslider5552000

Dragoon wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Water Kirby confirms (for me) that this really is the Kirby game announced like 6 or 7 years ago.

Water Kirby was first seen in the Kirby anime before that trailer.
And yeah, this game looks like a build on that vaporware GCN Kirby game, except you can't call out multiple helpers as was shown in the old trailer.

yes, I realize it's an anime reference, and yes I'm sad at the lack of multiple helpers

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Dev

Dragoon wrote:

-Kirby is facing an enemy that can pull people into a dark dimension with a huge ship.

Two words, Dark Matter. Here's some information I got from Nintendo Network concerning the plot.

Kirby™ and his friends are back in an adventure designed to satisfy longtime Kirby fans and beginners alike. When an alien spaceship crashes in the otherwise peaceful realm of Pop Star, its pieces are scattered throughout the land. Players must guide Kirby as he retrieves the ship's parts and helps the aliens return to their home planet. This time, however, he's not alone. At any time, up to three more players can join in the fun and play as Meta Knight, King Dedede and Waddle Dee to help Kirby in his quest.

Dev

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817

kkslider5552000

I feel sorry for the poor guy who has to play as Waddle Dee.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

TKOWL

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I feel sorry for the poor guy who has to play as Waddle Dee.

Actually, Waddle Dee has a long spear, as seen in one part of the video.

EDIT: Forgot that you could play as Dedede in KAR.

Edited on by TKOWL

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Punny

Dragoon wrote:

I also noticed this is the first time you'll be able to play a King Dedede in a Kirby game

Not exactly, Dragoon. You could play as King Dedede in Kirby Air Ride.

I'm back (for the moment)!

TKOWL

PunnyGuy wrote:

Dragoon wrote:

I also noticed this is the first time you'll be able to play a King Dedede in a Kirby game

Not exactly, Dragoon. You could play as King Dedede in Kirby Air Ride.

Whoops, forgot about that.
This also isn't the first time you could play as Waddle Dee, either. You could possess one as Ghost Kirby in Kirby Squeak Squad.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Punny

Dragoon wrote:

PunnyGuy wrote:

Dragoon wrote:

I also noticed this is the first time you'll be able to play a King Dedede in a Kirby game

Not exactly, Dragoon. You could play as King Dedede in Kirby Air Ride.

Whoops, forgot about that.
This also isn't the first time you could play as Waddle Dee, either. You could possess one as Ghost Kirby in Kirby Squeak Squad.

You could also inhale a Spear Waddle Dee in Kirby Super Star and turn him into a Helper that a second player could control. Not to mention the Waddle Dee ball in Kirby Canvas Curse.

I'm back (for the moment)!

TKOWL

PunnyGuy wrote:

Dragoon wrote:

PunnyGuy wrote:

Dragoon wrote:

I also noticed this is the first time you'll be able to play a King Dedede in a Kirby game

Not exactly, Dragoon. You could play as King Dedede in Kirby Air Ride.

Whoops, forgot about that.
This also isn't the first time you could play as Waddle Dee, either. You could possess one as Ghost Kirby in Kirby Squeak Squad.

You could also inhale a Spear Waddle Dee in Kirby Super Star and turn him into a Helper that a second player could control. Not to mention the Waddle Dee ball in Kirby Canvas Curse.

Forgot about that too.
Man, you are a master of Kirby facts!

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Punny

Dragoon wrote:

PunnyGuy wrote:

Dragoon wrote:

PunnyGuy wrote:

Dragoon wrote:

I also noticed this is the first time you'll be able to play a King Dedede in a Kirby game

Not exactly, Dragoon. You could play as King Dedede in Kirby Air Ride.

Whoops, forgot about that.
This also isn't the first time you could play as Waddle Dee, either. You could possess one as Ghost Kirby in Kirby Squeak Squad.

You could also inhale a Spear Waddle Dee in Kirby Super Star and turn him into a Helper that a second player could control. Not to mention the Waddle Dee ball in Kirby Canvas Curse.

Forgot about that too.
Man, you are a master of Kirby facts!

Thank you, Mr. Legendary Air Ride Machine! I'm glad I'm not annoying you!

Okay, so I'm not a master of Kirby facts. I meant to say Parasol Waddle Dee, not Spear.

Edited on by Punny

I'm back (for the moment)!

TwilightV

The plot makes the game sound like The Legendary Starfy with multiplayer and Kirby tossed in.

TwilightV

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic