Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Thread of SPOILERS

Posts 121 to 140 of 391

zane

The "ship" that Adam goes away in "sector zero" isnt that where metroid fusion takes place?

Old Nintendofan from up north...

Kid_A

zane wrote:

The "ship" that Adam goes away in "sector zero" isnt that where metroid fusion takes place?

I'm not sure...is Adam dead, or is he the one that comes back in Fusion?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

BulbasaurusRex

Sector 0 self-destructed after ejection (which is why we know Adam is dead and why Samus didn't want him to do it), so no, it's not the same one in Fusion. From my understanding, Samus named her ship's computer (in Fusion) "Adam" after Mr. Malkovich.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Bones00

I'm glad this thread warns of spoilers as I've had a loading issue with this game and I'd like to include where it's been happening. I first started playing this game somewhat slowly so I could look around and check things out as I feel you should in a new Metroid game. When I had just returned to the room where I first encountered the armadillo type enemies after the cut scene in the breeding room, the game automatically went into first person mode.
I held B but couldn't see what I was supposed to focus on. After the third time, the game finally automatically focused immediately on a very small white creature upon hitting B. When I tried to hurry back to this part after the last save station, I seemed to be too fast for the game as it halted me a few times for loading purposes. This never occurred though as I first entered new locations. So has anyone else had loading issues with this game?

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964.
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter:

Adam

Bulbasaurus+Rex wrote:

Sector 0 self-destructed after ejection (which is why we know Adam is dead and why Samus didn't want him to do it), so no, it's not the same one in Fusion. From my understanding, Samus named her ship's computer (in Fusion) "Adam" after Mr. Malkovich.

100% correct. Part of the ship ejects and self-destructs. It's not a separate ship at all. And Adam is dead (:'-(). In Fusion she gets a new space ship, but part of the deal with the federation is that it is loaded with an AI that she must take commands from, so she names it after her former CO, Adam.

Edit: Bones, there is another Other M thread that you'd probably prefer to post in. This one is specifically for spoilers. The other one may have spoilers but pretty much doesn't. It's super confusing that someone added a spoiler warning to it for some reason, making it look like there are two spoiler threads.

Regarding your question, it's halted a bit for me before in specific areas if I speed boost through, but it'll just be two seconds at the most before it loads.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

theblackdragon

@Adam: the warning was added by Prosody because people kept complaining about/reporting spoilers in that thread too, and we are tired of having to babysit it because people keep flipping the eff out about it. bottom line is that if you're looking in a Metroid: Other M thread at this point in time, someone's bound to slip someplace. Avoid the threads altogether if you don't want to accidentally be spoiled, y'know? :/

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Adam

I understand. Just seems confusing to have two threads with such similar titles. No big deal.

Come on, friends,

Kid_A

Thanks for that clarification Adam. I didn't particularly love Fusion, but Other M has made me eager to pop it in again. Incidentally I picked up Zero Mission this week, as I had never played it. Really great stuff...can't believe I've been missing out all these years

Adam

I played both a little bit recently. I remember enjoying them quite a bit, but either I was burnt out on Metroid from Other M or they just aren't the kinds of games I want to replay. I'm honestly not sure I want to replay Other M since it's so linear (knew I should have rented it). But they're all great games to play at least once.

Come on, friends,

Aviator

I beat it today, I must say, the only part of the CGI that was boring was the whole ending bit. I was like, meh.

Fun game, can't wait to get everything and play it again on Hard.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

BobberyFan98

EDIT: I got both the items...........til I realized I completely forgot about the Bioweapon Research Center O_o

So I had to reset, go back and get the items there, and now I'm back at the Navigation Booth before Phantoon, which is an excellent boss by the way

-BF98

Edited on by BobberyFan98

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

Kid_A

Adam wrote:

I played both a little bit recently. I remember enjoying them quite a bit, but either I was burnt out on Metroid from Other M or they just aren't the kinds of games I want to replay. I'm honestly not sure I want to replay Other M since it's so linear (knew I should have rented it). But they're all great games to play at least once.

That's what I thought, too, until my friend came over and started a file. It immediately made me want to play through it again.

Adam

Well, whenever I like a game a lot, I always think I want to play it again, but when I actually start it, I often feel differently. So I kind of want to but kind of don't for fear it'll somehow overwrite my good memories of playthrough #1, haha. I wonder how well this game will hold up now that I know how to get just about all the secrets, the story, and the bosses. Take away the surprise from all of those, and I'm afraid all that's left is a really easy game, but Romulux has probably scared me off of hard mode by now once I unlock it.

Come on, friends,

romulux

if you want to take the game way too seriously you can read an article about post traumatic stress disorder that explains why it's logical for samus to lock up when fighting ridley. there's even an interview with a psychologist and an iraq war vet suffering from ptsd: http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/81909/ptsd-or-weakness-rea...

it almost feels bad reading it, like these people could have made much better use of their time, but at least it removes any doubts about how the ridley scene played out.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Adam

Not really... still doesn't explain why she hasn't frozen in terror every one of the billion other times. And the examples given aren't really accurate comparisons, at least from my skimming over it (I, too, felt uncomfortable with this weird idea for an article). Someone who saw a man on fire and is now scared of barbecues makes sense because he has never had the opportunity to conquer his fear, the fire. Samus, however, has repeatedly conquered Ridley.

I don't buy it. Seems to try way too hard and make no point. But I'm also not bothered by the scene. If I expected video game stories to make sense, I'd have stopped playing games a long, long time ago.

Come on, friends,

Arigner

But and then: Imagine you finally conquered your fear by KILLING it. The planet he was on exploded. He was dead for sure. So, you don't have to focus your bravery to conquer your childhood nightmares: he disappeared...

And then, he reappear in your face, just resurrecting in front of you all along. I do think that it was in fact, a good depiction of PTSD.

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

Adam

Far from the first time he was resurrected, though. The only difference here is that she also blew up a planet, but even so, ignoring the slim possibility that his DNA was on her suit and the federation revived him themselves, there's no reason she shouldn't assume that his DNA wasn't being stored somewhere else when the planet blew up. Judging by Ridley's history, cloning is apparently a pretty easy process in this universe.

Come on, friends,

Arigner

Oh well, if you consider Primes games to be canon, he never really dies in them...
At the end of Metroid 1, he is simply defeated...
Metroid Prime, he fall off a cliff, but survive.
Prime 3: He survives the 2 times because of the phazon enhancement.
Apart from Metroid 1 and Super, did you really saw him explode? Just saw him fall... or disappear, but we really never saw it directly so...

Quoted from wikitroid: It's interesting to note that Ridley's disintegration (unlike other Leviathan guardians) was never actually seen.

Edited on by Arigner

Adam

I guess it shows that I don't really like Prime if I didn't know that.

But exploding does not equal being simply defeated. You cannot spin an explosion into escaping unscathed. He died in the original, at least in the game I played. Or does Zero Mission change this and either vaguely or explicitly show him as possibly escaping? I'd accept that as a rewrite -- though again, inconsistency in a game series is not a big deal to me, more just a curiosity.

Edit: So I looked it up, and apparently Prime says he survived badly wounded and was reconstructed as Meta Ridley? Makes no sense when compared with what you plainly see happen at the end of the battle in Metroid, and there's also the issue of whether or not Prime is canonical or not (not sure why it wouldn't be, but I've heard it's at best debated). Still curious though: What do you see at the end of Zero Mission's Ridley battle?

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Arigner

well, he explode in a flaming burst if I recall.

Oh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tChhm7OPkEw

Appear that he lost his power to ear rape you. But the X regained it, because it thought it was AWFUL.

Edit: Well, I don't know what to think, how many times did he died before Super Metroid? 1? 2? Anyway.

Edited on by Arigner

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.