Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Thread of SPOILERS

Posts 141 to 160 of 391

Philip_J_Reed

So I just went back to collect the pickups that I missed. Got 100% completion on sector 2, went back to the main section, and noticed two more on my map that I hadn't gotten.

So I'm a walkin' and a mindin' my own business when I see a power bomb area in the wall that doesn't seem to lead to either of the pickups in question. I bomb it, go through, follow some paths, and the next thing I know, I'm fighting some enormous giant alien eyeball thing that was awesome and insane, but also disappointingly easy. Fun battle though...it probably ended up being one of my favorites.

But then I initiated a cut scene after beating him, the Bottle Ship exploded, and the game ended. Was THAT the secret ending, or do I get still more if I go back for 100% item completion? (I finished this time at 70%.)

I knew there was an extended ending, but if I've seen it, then I won't drive myself nuts about getting the 100%. Especially if all that's left to unlock is a hard mode I'll never use.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Deviant_Mugen

@CB: What you battled was Phantoon from Super Metroid, and yes, that was the secret ending we've all been talking about for a week or so. No, you don't get anything else besides Hard mode for getting 100%, but I still say you should go back to grab all the pick-ups. It's your call, though...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Philip_J_Reed

Ahhh, thank you. I'll probably spend some time trying to get whatever I missed, but if I get to anything truly puzzling I doubt I'll go nuts about it. Oh well. It's a shame there's nothing too great about getting 100% completion, since this is the only Metroid game I even considered going for that on.

Still though. Great game.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Arigner

Fun fact: When I log to forums, there is always the Remember Me? option. I will laugh at it forever now...

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

romulux

Adam wrote:

still doesn't explain why she hasn't frozen in terror every one of the billion other times.

arigner's explanation works for me too, she finally had killed him for good and thought it was over with and the shock of seeing him again triggered it. with all the different studios that have worked on the series you have to be a little forgiving with continuity anyway.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Kid_A

You know, I've been playing Metal Gear Solid 4 this week and I've got to say, my standards for what qualifies as a cohesive plot or quality voice acting have been lowered. Other M just might be a 9.5/10
(for the record with MGS4, I'm loving the game itself, I just can't stand the wooden voice acting and OUTRAGEOUS story)

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kid_A

Chicken Brutus wrote:

So I just went back to collect the pickups that I missed. Got 100% completion on sector 2, went back to the main section, and noticed two more on my map that I hadn't gotten.

So I'm a walkin' and a mindin' my own business when I see a power bomb area in the wall that doesn't seem to lead to either of the pickups in question. I bomb it, go through, follow some paths, and the next thing I know, I'm fighting some enormous giant alien eyeball thing that was awesome and insane, but also disappointingly easy. Fun battle though...it probably ended up being one of my favorites.

But then I initiated a cut scene after beating him, the Bottle Ship exploded, and the game ended. Was THAT the secret ending, or do I get still more if I go back for 100% item completion? (I finished this time at 70%.)

I knew there was an extended ending, but if I've seen it, then I won't drive myself nuts about getting the 100%. Especially if all that's left to unlock is a hard mode I'll never use.

I thought he was easy, too. Then I looked up and saw that he had depleted over four of my energy tanks

Arigner

I'll add, that while easy, when he's about to die, he smash for about 1 energy tank each time. So, kill him fast...

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

Philip_J_Reed

Kid_A wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

I thought he was easy, too. Then I looked up and saw that he had depleted over four of my energy tanks

Hahaha, yeah, I should reconsider my idea of "easy." Same here.

The thing is though, I beat him on my first attempt, which, I have to admit, I wasn't able to do with many of the bosses in this game. Darned Ridley killed me more times than I care to admit. Even some of the minibosses killed me, like that horseshoe crab guy. He was giving me absurd amounts of trouble.

So yeah, just surviving the fight was shocking to me!

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

JonWahlgren

Kid_A wrote:

You know, I've been playing Metal Gear Solid 4 this week and I've got to say, my standards for what qualifies as a cohesive plot or quality voice acting have been lowered. Other M just might be a 9.5/10
(for the record with MGS4, I'm loving the game itself, I just can't stand the wooden voice acting and OUTRAGEOUS story)

Aww, those are like the best part.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

brandonbwii

Since this is a spoiler thread I guess it's safe for me to ask who the hell was the GF traitor? I didn't quite understand. I liked the rest of the story though, even if the end game felt a bit rushed.

Edited on by brandonbwii

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

Kid_A

Chicken Brutus wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Hahaha, yeah, I should reconsider my idea of "easy." Same here.

The thing is though, I beat him on my first attempt, which, I have to admit, I wasn't able to do with many of the bosses in this game. Darned Ridley killed me more times than I care to admit. Even some of the minibosses killed me, like that horseshoe crab guy. He was giving me absurd amounts of trouble.

So yeah, just surviving the fight was shocking to me!

Yeah I see what you mean. Ridley kicked my butt a lot, and I died on the Metroid Queen fight quite a few times as well (mostly because I couldn't get that blasted powerbomb to go off). When I think back to that fight, there's a lot of really challenging things happening, but for some reason I had no trouble beating it in one try. Although I admittedly got lucky with a few super missiles.

Adam

Well, like I've said in a previous discussion, I'm sure she thought she killed him for good in Metroid 1. And if they cloned him then, no reason it couldn't happen again. Yea, the planet blew up, but it's the future. I'm sure they have advanced technology like bottles or small plastic containers. If Ridley is so very important that he has to be cloned every couple years, his DNA is being stored elsewhere, too, ready for the next Metroid game.

And I agree, continuity is absolutely not important in a video game series, at least one like Metroid where most fans care more about atmosphere than plot (myself included). I am just being difficult for fun.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

romulux

metal gear is just what i thought of when people said this game had corny acting. metal gear solid set the standard for voice acting in games the series is among the best there is as far as cinema scenes go, but it's still lame as hell by real film standards. why every other game gets away with it while this one is scrutinized so harshly probably ties into the same reasons people hate everything else about this game, just some issue they have from the start.

some of the scenes are actually really good. the flashback to ian getting stuck on the passenger ship for one is very well acted. that said i tried looking for videos of the japanese version to see how it stacks up but i haven't had any luck.

TheAmazingRaccoon

I dont know if this has been discussed yet. But I was expecting Kraid all though the game. Especially with the cutscene of ridly getting taken out. Imagine my disappointment when the queen showed up. I wanna see kraid in glorious 3d.

It's just an empty pot...
No, wait!
There's something at the bottom!
It's just somebody's gum...

BulbasaurusRex

brandonbwii wrote:

Since this is a spoiler thread I guess it's safe for me to ask who the hell was the GF traitor? I didn't quite understand. I liked the rest of the story though, even if the end game felt a bit rushed.

It's pretty easy to figure out. I'll walk you through it. After the first two guys died, Adam, Anthony, J.B., and James were left. We know it's not Adam or Anthony, so it's down to J.B. or James. Whichever one of them it was killed the other one and dumped him into lava. Samus later finds James dead in the lab where she met MB. Earlier, there was a short scene that showed someone sneaking up on MB. Also, someone beat everyone else to the computer database that was found to have had its data deleted.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

BulbasaurusRex

Adam wrote:

Well, like I've said in a previous discussion, I'm sure she thought she killed him for good in Metroid 1. And if they cloned him then, no reason it couldn't happen again. Yea, the planet blew up, but it's the future. I'm sure they have advanced technology like bottles or small plastic containers. If Ridley is so very important that he has to be cloned every couple years, his DNA is being stored elsewhere, too, ready for the next Metroid game.

And I agree, continuity is absolutely not important in a video game series, at least one like Metroid where most fans care more about atmosphere than plot (myself included). I am just being difficult for fun.

Yes, she probably thought she had killed him in the original Metroid, so you could argue that she should've had the same reaction in Prime 1, but as mentioned before, he was never cloned except by the Federation in Other M. He somehow barely survived Metroid and was given cybernetic implants to become Meta Ridley. He survived all the battles in the Prime trilogy until finally dying in Super Metroid.

Besides, If you were going to clone someone, would you go ahead and risk the clone's life by cutting away huge parts of the clone's body to give it cybernetic implants? Meta Ridley's high level of implants would only be used to be a way to restore his fighting ability and keep him alive once he had already been severly wounded.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

romulux

huzzah! the trick is to search using katakana. here's the flashback scene at 5:45; i like the english one better.
[youtube:ZlkslA_ZuBI]

ridley starts here at about 6:00. this time i think the japanese version is better... something about the japanese language just lends itself to freaking out so much better:
[youtube:nIYtl0nzZhg]

the guy hasn't uploaded any further, so i didn't get to see the adam/sector zero scene. that's the one i really want to see, since in the english version there are a lot of awkward pauses that i think are a result of dubbing.

Deviant_Mugen

@90's Gamer: I've been browsing MDb for days to see if they'd upload these! Thanks for the link, now I can see about making that new Samus icon...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.