Topic: Metroid: Other M Thread of SPOILERS

Posts 101 to 120 of 391

Kid_A

I still think Other M is an anagram for Mother

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Noire

On another note, I was quite fond of Miss Melissa Bergman, even if I could kinda tell she was behind it all. Which is kinda funny, seeing as I'm depressed I didn't get my Mother Brain fight...

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Philip_J_Reed

Kid_A wrote:

I still think Other M is an anagram for Mother

Oh it definitely is. It's just a few other things, as well.

And, honestly, how many times did the parent / child theme crop up throughout the game? Many times explicit...other times not quite so much...but it's there. Just like the anagram. You can point at it and say, "It's really this other thing." And that's fine. But that's certainly not all it is. There's a lot in this story that operates on two levels, or more...and the title kicks it all off. It was a very well-handled story, thematically. I was very impressed.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Adam

I read the title like this: Because it's an anagram for "mother," that's a clue that the the "M" stands for "mother," as in "Other Mother," which could refer to this other Mother Brain or this other metroid queen (if you consider the queen the mother of the metroids), or the fact that after you defeat the metroid mother you have to defeat this other mother, Madeleine.

Or maybe it's just Sakamoto messing with us.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

TheBaconator

I really don't think it stands for anything. Original the game was called "Project M" the M most likley standing for Metroid in that. So maybe they are using the same M andthere really is no meaning of M other then a codename for Metroid.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

TheBaconator

Maybe I should refrase that...I'll do it tomarrow.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Adam

It's always good to get some rest before attempting a major post editing.

Come on, friends,

Kingbuilder

Beat the game. My item collection rate was 42%, lol.

Retro Studios, Team Ninja, then Visceral Games? Just a thought. xD

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

BobberyFan98

@romulux: That guy made me angry too. Mainly because he had so freaking long range I was being hit 95% of the time. I wanted to tear my hair out.

Hey also, where is the Breeding Room in Sector 1?

-BF98

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

JGMR

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Queen Metroid

Untitled

...was the first nostalgic surprise

Untitled

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

Deviant_Mugen

@romulux: Those guys pissed me off in regular difficulty, I don't even want to imagine hard mode (especially not the Desbrachains)....

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Kid_A

FINALLY got to Phantoon--and got those blasted last two missiles in the process
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant ending. Absolutely loved it. Perfect ending to a nearly perfect Metroid adventure. Now I'm reliving the whole thing in Theater Mode--pretty cool. If you haven't done it, I'd recommend it. If only the script was better...it would really be a perfect game.

romulux

the whole game is great, but it's really that second ending that hammers it in just how awesome it is.

i'm almost done with hard. for those of you planning on trying it, ridley kills with one hit mostly, but the fight is fantastic! having only 10 missiles means you can fire 2 super missiles, and by coincidence the fight requires 2 super missiles, so you can't waste anything. aside from phantoon, i don't really think there are any tough bosses left, but we'll see...

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

BulbasaurusRex

hylianhalcyon wrote:

Regarding the story, it was all pretty good, but I still don't understand the ending all that well. Why and what is that general dude doing with all those soldiers at the end?

Reading between the lines, they are part of the faction that created the Bottle Ship bio-weapon project. With James having done enough to ensure no survivors from Adam's official team (or so they think), they can just pull Federation rank on Samus to take Madeline away to later either be quietly locked up or executed in order to keep the details of the unauthorized failed project (and those who ordered it) quiet from HQ. Anthony's appearance ruined this plan, as they couldn't go against Adam's mission that any survivors be rescued with an official Federation team member still alive to complete the mission.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Kingbuilder

The ending fight with Phantoon was amazing. It was definitely my "Aha!" moment in the game.

I was hoping to see Crocomire, but Phantoon was just as good.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Metroid133

I played through hard mode yesterday. It was hard to say the least. The longest it took on a boss was an hour or so for Ridley....I saw that coming since he was the hardest for me on Normal. I'm disappointed you don't get anything for beating it. Your file just goes back to the last save, and you don't get to come back to the bottle ship and fight Phantoon. It would of been epic if the unlockable was a fight with Kraid! XD

Just wondering has anyone translated the art gallery yet?

Edited on by Metroid133

Metroid133

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1163-3440 | Nintendo Network ID: Metroid133

Kid_A

Phantoon in Other M is becoming one of my all time favorite bosses. Which is strange, because I found him to be lame and rather out of place in Super Metroid. I wish he had more of a sense of context in Other M, but the sheer epicness of the fight made me not care so much. Dodging his onslaught of attacks and quickly charging up a Super Missile at his eye is one of the more satisfying things I've done this year gaming-wise.

Adam

You can't fight Phantoon on hard? That's odd, and disappointing. Maybe you'd need more missiles than are at your disposal? I don't know if it's possible to use concentration in that fight. I'd guess not, with the constant stream of floating enemies and projectiles. I would have at least liked to go back to the ship to fight the power bomb guardians and do the escape sequence, all of which would certainly be do-able.

Come on, friends,

Lurch

i fought phantoon for the 2nd time,today and completed my 100% run
btw, i didn't need any missiles for him, his spawnlings can be easily taken out with the screw attack and the eye is vulnerable to your plasma beam. the sense move is mandatory for this fight, though

Lurch

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.