Forums

Topic: Jett Rocket impressions

Posts 121 to 140 of 153

accc

The same thing happened to me when I played it, Sneaker13. Thankfully that was the last time I encountered a glitch in the game.

accc

Paperclip

That sucks Sneakers, I never had any glitches whatsoever during the entire game. Well, except for the fact that the timer has said 19 minutes on my profile for the entire game, but that's it. Nothing too major.

Check out my classy comics.

Oregano

None of these has happened to me luckily!

Does anyone find those spiky mace things annoying? They can switch their direction in a split second and get you! Arghhh!

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

KnucklesSonic8

Lol, I did at first. They were the reason behind about 3 or 4 deaths in the 2nd World.

KnucklesSonic8

Bassman_Q

Just DL'd it and its really fun. I personally prefer LostWinds becuse of its charm and atmosphere, but this is still great. Excellent graphics, good, responsive controls, and some variety between levels. My only complaint is the fact that its SO similar to Super Mario Galaxy. The intro of each level always shows the goal briefly (just like in 3D Mario games), and even the music is really similar. I wish they added just bit more variety, or make it a bit less like Mario, but ll in all its still worth looking into.

Oh and @KS8- Nice review, man.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

KnucklesSonic8

Thanks so much, Qwikman. That means a lot to me that you took the time to read it!

KnucklesSonic8

Paperclip

As I was looking at Jett Rocket reviews, I stumbled across the IGN one. They started by saying: "WiiWare seems to be slowly dying these days". Umm, what? There has been a bunch of great WiiWare games this year, and with a bunch more coming. Then again, IGN reviewer didn't like Bit. Trip Runner.

accc

IGN's a joke, you should just stop visiting that site permanently.

accc

Sneaker13

I never understand all the negativity towards IGN with the IGNorant jokes. The dying part is strange, but if the Japanse WiiWare service is a glimpse of the future, I would be very worried. But the second part of the sentence of the review is "...but one thing we're noticing is a lot of cool random titles making it to the service." Which is right if I look at the releases of the US (and judging by the reviews of NL since we don't have many of them in Europe).

About the Bit. Trip Runner review. IGN gave it a 7 out of 10. How's that not liking it? They even gave the graphics an 8 and the music and presention a 10.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Paperclip

Sneaker13 wrote:

About the Bit. Trip Runner review. IGN gave it a 7 out of 10. How's that not liking it? They even gave the graphics an 8 and the music and presention a 10.

I just dislike the review because they docked it marks because they said it was too hard. You can only do that if it's unfair. And despite the ridiculous 'meatball staircases', it's a fair game.

Agreed Kaiser, I dislike Gamespot as well. The only gaming sites I go to are NintendoLife, Destructoid, and Gametrailers for the occasional video.

KnucklesSonic8

I haven't paid attention to a Nintendo-related Gamespot review in a long time. Don't even get me started on IGN.

KnucklesSonic8

Sneaker13

@Starcross64. But the game is too hard for it's own good. Especially when you want to get Perfects on all levels. The reviewer thought it was a great game, but the difficulty took away most of the fun. Which is somewhat true. Some levels are frustrating as hell. And when you're hunting for the Perfects, the flaws are even harder to overlook. Since a review is an opinion, I don't see how he could be wrong, unless he didn't use any arguments, which is clearly not the case here. A 7/10 is a good score. Would have given it a 7,5/10 myself.

Ontopic. I just finished Jett Rocket with only one award left to do. But I think it's a bug. It's the "No Cellary!" award. I got no Solar cells in Enter Uncanny Bay and in Jett Ride. Since Jett Ride was too easy to get, I understand that it didn't count that one. But Enter Uncanny Bay? It was pretty difficult to get no solar cells in that level, but I managed to do it. But it won't count. Is this a bug? Or am I misunderstanding the award.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -

Philip_J_Reed

I've finally got my hands on Jett Rocket, and I can conclusively say that it's far better than at least handful of retail games. Definitely very good. Haven't encountered any glitches yet...the voice acting is atrocious but fortunately sparse...I can definitely see the short length being the only truly unfortunate thing about this game. Definitely well-assembled.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Sneaker13

Just finished it completely with all the solar cells and all the achievements. Too bad we don't get anything for that. Would be cool if we could get something extra. Even an alternative title screen would be nice. I really liked the game and look forward to the sequel. I hope that they will look at some of the glitches and more importantly that they work on the camera. I've got a lot of problems with that, especially in some of the Jungle levels.

Friendcodes:

Oregano

All I want is checkpoints and possibly more hearts lying about.

Also, did anyone else find the final boss the easiest?

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

0-Watt

Oregano wrote:

All I want is checkpoints and possibly more hearts lying about.

Also, did anyone else find the final boss the easiest?

I died at each boss at least once. The third was the hardest by far. As for the last, the problem I had was that it was hard to lock on the right part of its body. I think the first was easiest.

alex167

Hi guys, i´m new at this forum; i´m really interested in Jett Rocket but i´ve read the game is too short and don´t know if download it or not. So i´d like to know (if you want to get the 100%) how long does this game last? and if it has a good replay value. Thanks for your answers.

FRIEND CODES:

Link79

@ alex 167.
Hey man welcome. Nice Avatar btw. G1 Transformers rocked! To answer your question. I think Jett rocket was pretty good. The graphics are probably the most impressive on Wiiware. However it is a bit short. Depending on how good you are it shouldn't take much over 3 hours to complete. maybe 4 or 5 if you go for 100%. It's still worth it though. If you like 3-D adventure games I'd say go for it.

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Reala

Definitely a looker, fun too controls well for the most part and camera wasn't too bad IMO, seen better 3D cameras seen worse, very early on in the game but so far so good.

Reala

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.