Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 581 to 600 of 1,080

Kid_A

irken004 wrote:

I did see a cool Goldeneye commercial yesterday though.

Wait, on TV? That's cool, the only adds I've seen have been online.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

irken004

Kid_A wrote:

irken004 wrote:

I did see a cool Goldeneye commercial yesterday though.

Wait, on TV? That's cool, the only adds I've seen have been online.

Yep, I can't seem to find it online, but it was on TV yesterday.

Oregano

Here in the UK they've had ads on quite a bit... probably only second to Just Dance 2 as 3rd Party Wii presence goes.

I did see a Bloodstone ad before, only time I've seen one... I've seen about 7 Goldeneye ads today and the first time I saw them was Saturday night during Harry Hill's TV Burp and then Xfactor and the Xfactor is a pricey ad spot from what I've heard.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Chrono_Cross

I won`t be able to get this right away tomorrow because I don`t have a ride right now nor the time and my Mom isn`t doing so well...

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Deviant_Mugen

Anyone know if any retailers are doing midnight launches for GoldenEye?

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

2-D

Bit of a stupid question, are we gonna have a friend code exchange thing?
I didn't know if it was a bit premature to be setting up a thread for it or not? :S
(leave me alone, I'm new, haha)

Misfortune subdues small minds.

GoldenEye 007 FC : 3933-1198-0911
2D on deviantart

irken004

2D wrote:

Bit of a stupid question, are we gonna have a friend code exchange thing?
I didn't know if it was a bit premature to be setting up a thread for it or not? :S
(leave me alone, I'm new, haha)

Welcome! Also, from what I heard, the game may use a different method of adding friends. My guess is that it could be similar to what Monster Hunter Tri's online system was like. I'm not exactly certain though, but that's just my guess :3

Spoony_Tech

Metroid_Fan wrote:

Anyone know if any retailers are doing midnight launches for GoldenEye?

Game stop isn't. We called earlier!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Deviant_Mugen

I'll be picking my copy up from Target in a few hours...

Lame, I guess I'll pre-order at Target for the $5 gift card, then...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Oregano

Nah guys it uses the standard friend code system according to Craig from IGN. It seems that with Black Ops Activision(and Treyarch obviously) put most of their resources into the online experience whilst with Goldeneye they(and Eurocom) put a lot more emphasis on the single player and splitscreen options.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

2-D

irken004 wrote:

Welcome! Also, from what I heard, the game may use a different method of adding friends. My guess is that it could be similar to what Monster Hunter Tri's online system was like. I'm not exactly certain though, but that's just my guess :3

Thanks, Irken! I've been here since October, just a bit quiet.

If it is that you can't add people in game, it'd be nice to have a bunch of people on here I can trust for a good game. I play the Conduit online and the people really annoy me, they're all hackers and cheats. At least if you guys cheat I can give you abuse on here

2D on deviantart

Spoony_Tech

Then someone needs to go open up an online friends codes topic NOW!!!!!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

2-D

Would that mean someone having to edit the first post with everyone's friend codes, then? Or could we set up a google group, like the Game Club are doing?

2D on deviantart

Spoony_Tech

They should post this review midnight est!!

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Jon Wahlgren wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

They should post this review midnight est!!

Embargo is up at 1 pm EST.

Stupid actvision!!

MERG said:

Kid_A

Bought the game. I have to play it with the classic controller because my wrist is sprained. I really wish I could play it with pointer controls, but even with the CCPro the game is incredibly fun thus far

Oregano

Post yo impression boy!

Kid_A

Well "half of the first level" isn't really enough to go on, but I can at least say that the game looks astonishingly good--any worries about poor graphical quality can be thrown right out the window. And already the action set pieces, voice acting and choreography have been quite impressive (the first few minutes of the nostalgia-gushing first level features a stunning, and fun, chase scene). I can't say I'm a big fan of the Classic Controller Pro--but that's mostly because I'm just more of a pointer kind of guy. It's definitely nice to have those control sticks farther apart! I need to see if you can mess with the button layout, though. R2 is shoot and L2 is aim, which I'm not a big fan of.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.