Wii U Forum

Topic: Zelda on Wii U in HD: Why Wind Waker?

Showing 61 to 75 of 75

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

61. Posted:

kevohki wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, Wind Waker seems to be the most incomplete Zelda game to date. That, and the fact that the GameCube had a shockingly low install base; Nintendo clearly wants to release this title in particular to a wider audience.

Technically Wind Waker was incomplete considering they scrapped the final two dungeons because of time constraints. That's why the last part of the game (the tedious and boring Triforce quest) was so lackluster. I'm hoping the HD release is a true director's cut where that stupid Triforce quest is cut out and the two dungeons return. Perhaps in a Master Quest.

1. Most games are incomplete in that regard. Nearly every game doesn't have all the planned content actually in the final release. Presumably because they have to release the game within a somewhat reasonable amount of time. Even Skyward Sword, the game they flat out said didn't have any missing content, was confirmed to have missing content.
2. There is no way they are making major changes to the game like that.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

62. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

2. There is no way they are making major changes to the game like that.

Why not? Wouldn't that make it more of a must-have for the original fans who might otherwise care less because it's a game they already played? I admit it is unlikely, but they seem to be making quite a deal about this being more than just re-skinning, right?

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

63. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

2. There is no way they are making major changes to the game like that.

Why not?

They're basically cutting out a whole chunk of the game is they take away the triforce hunting part.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkLloyd

64. Posted:

this isnt any ordinary remake so 60 dollars is justifiable for me

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

65. Posted:

BlackFira wrote:

this isnt any ordinary remake

Um...yes it is. Updated graphics and gameplay and nothing else confirmed is remake 101.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

66. Posted:

MrNiceGuy wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

If anyone honestly thinks this game will be anything less than standard retail game-price, you're going to be disappointed. :P

Yeah I expect that it will be regular price, but to me $60 seems a tad bit too high for a remake. Then again, it is a Zelda game..

Why are Mario games full-priced? More $$$ for Nintendo because people will buy them regardless of price. This is another series that can sell well. It's all about demand. Just ask Apple ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkLloyd

67. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

this isnt any ordinary remake

Um...yes it is. Updated graphics and gameplay and nothing else confirmed is remake 101.

maybe so but seems like a massive overhaul in that department compared to the HD collections i have on the ps3

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

68. Posted:

BlackFira wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

this isnt any ordinary remake

Um...yes it is. Updated graphics and gameplay and nothing else confirmed is remake 101.

maybe so but seems like a massive overhaul in that department compared to the HD collections i have on the ps3

I assumed that's what you meant. I don't care about what defines a remake in this regard but from my experience HD collections are just ports with some "necessary" upgrades to look more HD, if in a way that makes it apparent it wasn't released on an HD console.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

69. Posted:

Going by the remakes Nintendo has done in the past they often add extras. Zelda specifically Link's Awakening DX had an extra dungeon added that made use of the colour screen, A Link to the Past on the GBA had four swords and the 3DS port of Ocarina had Master Quest and the Boss Challenge. It really wouldn't be strange if the HD remake of Wind Waker had an extra Dungeon or two or made use of some of the Wii Us hardware.

So when you say "it'll just be a barebones port with nothing more" I can't help but be skeptical. I'm not holding my breath for any more than that and I will grab a copy even if it lacks it but odds are it'll have some nice extras.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

70. Posted:

@skywake
All the GBA Mario remakes all had Mario Bros. Included too, right? And SM64DS had all that extra jazz.

Considering the fact I've heard this game's title being Wind Waker Reborn by Destructoid, all this does lend itself to the promise of extra content....

But I guess we'll wait and see.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

71. Posted:

BlackFira wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

this isnt any ordinary remake

Um...yes it is. Updated graphics and gameplay and nothing else confirmed is remake 101.

maybe so but seems like a massive overhaul in that department compared to the HD collections i have on the ps3

Because most of those games are usually just resolution jumps and still fall into the port category and aren't remakes.

An actual remkae would be the Halo CE anniversary section where the graphics were completely overhauled and extra content was added to the game.

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

72. Posted:

If there was a necessity for a HD remake of a Gamecube game I would choose Wind Waker as well. With Mario Sunshine in second place.
The others I wouldn't mind to have on Virtual Console in their original form.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

73. Posted:

Because Wind Waker is already insanely beautiful and hey, why not make it even prettier?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

drumsandperc92

74. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

kevohki wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, Wind Waker seems to be the most incomplete Zelda game to date. That, and the fact that the GameCube had a shockingly low install base; Nintendo clearly wants to release this title in particular to a wider audience.

Technically Wind Waker was incomplete considering they scrapped the final two dungeons because of time constraints. That's why the last part of the game (the tedious and boring Triforce quest) was so lackluster. I'm hoping the HD release is a true director's cut where that stupid Triforce quest is cut out and the two dungeons return. Perhaps in a Master Quest.

1. Most games are incomplete in that regard. Nearly every game doesn't have all the planned content actually in the final release. Presumably because they have to release the game within a somewhat reasonable amount of time. Even Skyward Sword, the game they flat out said didn't have any missing content, was confirmed to have missing content.
2. There is no way they are making major changes to the game like that.

I doubt very much that they would CUT something from the original, such as the triforce fetch quest.
However, I would not put it past Nintendo to add the extra final two dungeons into the remake, or at least one. Perhaps in such a way that it can break up the triforce quest. Also, skywake said this:

skywake wrote:

Going by the remakes Nintendo has done in the past they often add extras. Zelda specifically Link's Awakening DX had an extra dungeon added that made use of the colour screen, A Link to the Past on the GBA had four swords and the 3DS port of Ocarina had Master Quest and the Boss Challenge. It really wouldn't be strange if the HD remake of Wind Waker had an extra Dungeon or two or made use of some of the Wii Us hardware.

So when you say "it'll just be a barebones port with nothing more" I can't help but be skeptical. I'm not holding my breath for any more than that and I will grab a copy even if it lacks it but odds are it'll have some nice extras.

What he said.
I'm hoping for perhaps at the very least a "Master Quest" which is more difficult, and perhaps adds cut content. And perhaps they offer that mode along with the original's difficulty and content in a separate mode.
I am REALLY hoping for a Master Quest.... I've beaten the original so many times and just an FYI....in my opinion it is by far the easiest Zelda game. I could really use a new challenging version of the game. I'm sure others would agree.
Also, I REALLY hope that they make use of the Gamepad...at the very very least, just use the second screen as an inventory selection screen and map.

Maybe Nintendo will throw us a bone and allow us to "draw" our sailing path on the map, a la the DS games.
Then we can switch the gameplay down to the gamepad, watch some TV, then resume once you've reached your destination lol.

Edited on by drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

75. Posted:

drumsandperc92 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

kevohki wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, Wind Waker seems to be the most incomplete Zelda game to date. That, and the fact that the GameCube had a shockingly low install base; Nintendo clearly wants to release this title in particular to a wider audience.

Technically Wind Waker was incomplete considering they scrapped the final two dungeons because of time constraints. That's why the last part of the game (the tedious and boring Triforce quest) was so lackluster. I'm hoping the HD release is a true director's cut where that stupid Triforce quest is cut out and the two dungeons return. Perhaps in a Master Quest.

1. Most games are incomplete in that regard. Nearly every game doesn't have all the planned content actually in the final release. Presumably because they have to release the game within a somewhat reasonable amount of time. Even Skyward Sword, the game they flat out said didn't have any missing content, was confirmed to have missing content.
2. There is no way they are making major changes to the game like that.

I doubt very much that they would CUT something from the original, such as the triforce fetch quest.
However, I would not put it past Nintendo to add the extra final two dungeons into the remake, or at least one. Perhaps in such a way that it can break up the triforce quest. Also, skywake said this:

skywake wrote:

Going by the remakes Nintendo has done in the past they often add extras. Zelda specifically Link's Awakening DX had an extra dungeon added that made use of the colour screen, A Link to the Past on the GBA had four swords and the 3DS port of Ocarina had Master Quest and the Boss Challenge. It really wouldn't be strange if the HD remake of Wind Waker had an extra Dungeon or two or made use of some of the Wii Us hardware.

So when you say "it'll just be a barebones port with nothing more" I can't help but be skeptical. I'm not holding my breath for any more than that and I will grab a copy even if it lacks it but odds are it'll have some nice extras.

What he said.
I'm hoping for perhaps at the very least a "Master Quest" which is more difficult, and perhaps adds cut content. And perhaps they offer that mode along with the original's difficulty and content in a separate mode.
I am REALLY hoping for a Master Quest.... I've beaten the original so many times and just an FYI....in my opinion it is by far the easiest Zelda game. I could really use a new challenging version of the game. I'm sure others would agree.
Also, I REALLY hope that they make use of the Gamepad...at the very very least, just use the second screen as an inventory selection screen and map.

Maybe Nintendo will throw us a bone and allow us to "draw" our sailing path on the map, a la the DS games.
Then we can switch the gameplay down to the gamepad, watch some TV, then resume once you've reached your destination lol.

I'm willing to bet the gamepad will primarily be the Tingle Tuner, which I barely used simply due to the hassle of connecting my GBA. And, of course, off screen play. Though I wouldn't mind some creative usage of it, like taking pictures for the figurines. Seriously, first person, looking 360 degrees, lining up the shot... It'd be a small feature but I'd love it!

Also I think the cut content is unlikely to appear simply because it was nowhere near completed when it was cut. OoT's Master Quest was built from the ground up as a harder OoT in Japan for the N64, it already existed entirely when they release it on the 3DS. Still, I do hope we get the cut content even if I find it unlikely. The game always felt too short, the end was too rushed, I want those two dungeons!

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!