LzWinky

Well since Zelda U is delayed, here is my list:

1. Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei
2. Fire Emblem If
3. Golden Sun 4
4. Mario Maker
5. Paper Mario (not Sticker Star)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Joeynator3000

...Honestly, I kinda wished Nintendo would do a live conference again...even though their digital event last year was awesome. (and funny, with those Robot Chicken clips, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

UGXwolf

Sanya wrote:

...Honestly, I kinda wished Nintendo would do a live conference again...even though their digital event last year was awesome. (and funny, with those Robot Chicken clips, lol)

I have a feeling Nintendo will return to live conference in E3 2016. But not this year.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

crimsoncavalier

TingLz wrote:

Well since Zelda U is delayed, here is my list:

1. Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei
2. Fire Emblem If
3. Golden Sun 4
4. Mario Maker
5. Paper Mario (not Sticker Star)

I'd like more info on Fire Emblem as well. It's one of my favorite series. I would LOVE a console Golden Sun. I still go back and play I and II on GBA all the time.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

luisesteban

I totally want a "Other M" game like, with extra careful on the script, but with all the good (and it was a lot of good in it) that Other M gave us.

luisesteban

MsJubilee

Octane wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

We totally could be getting a 3D Metroid by the fact that Metroid doesn't have to be developed by Retro or even a Nintendo 1st or 2nd party team. What if they let one of Namco's teams have a crack at it?

I don't think I like the idea of licensing Metroid out to a third party.

I'm really not sure how that's any different from that one time they loaned the franchise to this little obscure company called "Retro Games."

But on the other hand, look at a Metroid game with Retro Studios not involved (Other M). Bolt_Strike is concerned that if another third party is involved then a repeat of Other M will occur which is a fair concern.

I gladly take another Other M.

You want gladly take a Metroid game like Other M?You must be mad!

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MsJubilee

UGXwolf wrote:

TwilightAngel The bulk of the problem witb Other M was in the story, I've been told the gameplay actually is pretty good.

Yeah the gameplay is solid,the story on the other hand is garbage turned Samus Aran a badass hunter into whiny little girl.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

UGXwolf

Yes, but that's why you need to clean out your ears because the guy saying they wanted another game like Other M even specified that he wanted them to be way more careful with the story.

Octane

TwilightAngel wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

TwilightAngel The bulk of the problem witb Other M was in the story, I've been told the gameplay actually is pretty good.

Yeah the gameplay is solid,the story on the other hand is garbage turned Samus Aran a badass hunter into whiny little girl.

I'm not saying the game is perfect (though neither is a game like Mario Galaxy), it has its flaws. The gameplay was solid indeed, and I didn't have any problems with the story. It wasn't special, but I found it to be far from what most people make it out to be, which makes me wonder if most of them have even played the game.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

Yes, but that's why you need to clean out your ears because the guy saying they wanted another game like Other M even specified that he wanted them to be way more careful with the story.

See, now this is a game I'd like to play to form an opinion on. I'm curious as to how they got some of the 2D abilities like the Speed Booster to work in 3D. I will say this though, I'm not liking the way the map looks, it's even more linear than Fusion.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

luisesteban

Sorry for my english.

Other M was a great game. Moments like when Adan and Samus were talking in front the door where the new metroids were, was pretty emotive. There was holes in the history, but you can't expect Samus to be always a cyborg, because she's not. If in the past she didn't show emotions, was because limitations of the writers or the technology.
The scene of she crying in front Ridley, could be less dramatic, but over all is very good game, with solid game play, good atmosphere, great bosses. A bigger difficulty would be grateful, but with the possibilities of the Wii U, more careful in the history (especially against Fusion), even continuing the Melissa and Federation plot, the next game could be gold.

Edited on by luisesteban

luisesteban

Joeynator3000

This is what irritates me, people throw a tantrum because Samus cries. She's human, get over it, she still kicks butt and take down giant aliens like Phantoon or whatever that thing is called at the end. (or beginning in the old games, lol)

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Solid_Stannis

MGS Anything.

I'm the One True King. Always were. Always will be.

3DS Friend Code: 1138-0170-1337 | Nintendo Network ID: AK-1138

UGXwolf

Sanya wrote:

This is what irritates me, people throw a tantrum because Samus cries. She's human, get over it, she still kicks butt and take down giant aliens like Phantoon or whatever that thing is called at the end. (or beginning in the old games, lol)

On that note, considering Ridley killed her parents, likely creating a lot of trauma and Samus never interacted much with other characters, before, in her already emotional state, seeing Ridley cone back from the dead, I'd probably expect anyone to be in tears. That's pretty traumatic, yo.

Joeynator3000

Yeah, that's pretty much her first time seeing him back from the grave, after that she's probably like "Ugh, just die already..." lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Revanmann

SNES and GBA games for 3DS Virtual Console(though we may be getting those tomorrow), New 2d Metroid for 3DS, and Drgon Quest VII 3DS US release.

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

Souldin

I can't remember if I've commented on this topic before or not... I don't think I did. Anyway, on a general basis, my E3 wishes tend to remain the same each year, or at least they have done these past couple years.

• Punch-Out U (Next Level Games have been working on something for quite a while now)
  • A 3-D console Kirby game (I liked that concept work shown and feel it could be possible to make a great 3-D Kirby game)
  • Ice Climbers revival (I do not mind whether it is on 3DS or Wii U, this is something I'd like)
  • New Paper Mario (In the style of the first two Paper Mario games)
  • Panel De Pon game starring Lip and the fairies (it is Panel De Pon's 20th anniversary this year)

Admittedly, the latter two kind of clash given they share the same developers, whom seem to be fairly busy with Fire Emblem related matters as it is. If I had to choose between the two, I'd definitely choose the Panel De Pon wish, given it is the series 20th anniversary and it'd be nice to see the character of Lip established worldwide.

Of my wishes, I do have high hopes for the Panel De Pon wish, though out of all of them I feel the Punch-Out U is the most likely. That said, Next Level Games could very well be developing Super Mario Strikers U, or even a completely different game, but my preference is certainly for Punch-Out U (though I do love Strikers).

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6557-6769 | Nintendo Network ID: Souldin | Twitter:

SeepMan

1. Mother 3 Localized
2. Mother 1 Localized
I got nothing else

FUZZY PICKLES LOLOLOL no.

3DS Friend Code: 0232-9498-5454 | Nintendo Network ID: SeepManTheGreat | Twitter:

crimsoncavalier

UGXwolf wrote:

Sanya wrote:

On that note, considering Ridley killed her parents, likely creating a lot of trauma and Samus never interacted much with other characters, before, in her already emotional state, seeing Ridley cone back from the dead, I'd probably expect anyone to be in tears. That's pretty traumatic, yo.

True. In most of the other games, she has been literally alone in space, fighting enemies. It's rare when we get to see her interact with other people. I'm sure she'd be lonely, going to all those planets with no one to talk to. I think Samus is an awesome character, not just because she's female and is so BAMF, but because she's BAMF period. I don't think there's anything wrong with showing emotion. I haven't played the game yet, but I really want to. She's more the silent type, but that doesn't mean she can't have real feelings.

Like Bayonetta, she's so witty and sarcastic, but she's BAMF too, just in a different way. But she shows emotion too, not with tears, but she was still showing it when she went all the way to Hell to rescue her friend.

I hope I got the spoiler tags right...

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.