Wii U Forum

Topic: You buying wii u

Showing 161 to 180 of 215

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

161. Posted:

EDIT: Damn it! You see every time I post it's in the new page...

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

skywake

162. Posted:

If ZombiU had been a cross platform generic zombie game and Watch Dogs was the Ubisoft Wii U exclusive I'd have an entirely different tone. For me that's how close the Wii U is from being "zomg I must get it now" instead of it's current "well that's cool, I might pick it up". As cool as New SMB U, Pikmin 3, ZombiU and Rayman Legends are they are the sort of games I'd buy if I had the systems rather than the sort of games I'd buy a system to play.

tl;dr: There was no individual game shown that I thought was a system seller

Miss_Rarity wrote:

People act like no other games will come out in the future.

I think everyone knows there will be other games but some reassurance would have been nice. Something to tell us that we aren't going to have to wait till 2014 for the big games we're going to want to buy the system for. Something to tell us that there will be more than a couple of massive games during the life of the console.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

ShadowChaos

163. Posted:

everyone we still have four months left before launch and we still have TGS in october so yay.

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

164. Posted:

cheetahman91 wrote:

@Mickeymac: It has 120.

Huh. Maybe 100 stars was what I had when I sold the DS game? Oh well.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

PoorVGameNerd

165. Posted:

Yeah, it has 120. Super Mario 64 DS has 150 stars. Here's what happens when you get all the stars in the 64 version:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fAHJsHamUk

Pretty disappointing reward if you ask me. Meeting Yoshi, getting a triple jump that's (I think) worse than the normal one, and receiving 100 extra lives after you've completely finished the game? I guess the adventure is the true reward, or at least that's how I try to view it. Still a better ending than some games. Donkey Kong Land takes the cake for lame endings. For those of you who haven't seen it yet, behold the lameness!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AbUaKeJPMQ

www.poorvideogamenerd.com
Retro Nintendo Game Reviews

AuthorMessage

Kid3dizzy

166. Posted:

I'll get it.

And to be honest, theirs no way to please the fans in gaming. NOT just Nintendo, but Sony and Microsoft included. Almost everyone says this E3 was bad, the worst even, but I like it. I'm equal, patience fan of Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft.

3DS FC: 5413 - 1010 - 5522Pokemon (white): 4642 - 5155 - 5256

"Live fast and Die young or Take it slow and Last long..." -Jumper, Hero

AuthorMessage

skywake

167. Posted:

Kid3dizzy wrote:

And to be honest, theirs no way to please the fans in gaming. NOT just Nintendo, but Sony and Microsoft included. Almost everyone says this E3 was bad, the worst even, but I like it. I'm equal, patience fan of Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft.

It was a bad showing from the big three but it was a great showing from Ubisoft. There is definitely a way to please gaming fans, show great games. Ubisoft were the only ones who really nailed it.

This should have been like Nintendo's 2006 E3 but instead they worked really hard to make their killer hand feel like E3 2008.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

168. Posted:

The whole thing just felt rushed. It lacked the epicness of 2010 and 2011.

Edited on by TheKingOfTown

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

169. Posted:

I'm predicting the Wii U will be something that interests me in 3 years, and will likely end up with one in 4 years.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

firearrow505

170. Posted:

pikmin 3 and New Super Mario bros U are games i want to play, but won't buy a WiiU for it.

N-Nintendo has found

3-3 ways to

D-Destroy

S-Sony

How real men get the firearrows

AuthorMessage

pixelman

171. Posted:

Maybe next year, if it actually has some games worth spending hundreds of dollars to play.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

172. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Maybe never, it doesn't have any games worth spending hundreds of dollars to play.

Fix*

NintendoLand killed it for me, making that kiddy F-Zero game, is like a big middle finger to the face, from Nintendo.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

kevohki

173. Posted:

I'll buy one after the inevitable price drop a year or two into the cycle.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage

BenAV

174. Posted:

Considering I paid for most of mine ages ago, I'll still definitely be getting it on launch day.
E3 hasn't changed how much I want the system.
A big surprise announcement or two would have been nice, but there's still more on the way that I want than I'll be able to afford anyway.
No way I'm going to wait any longer than I have to to play Pikmin 3.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

nickcarney

175. Posted:

Viewing the lineup as the LAUNCH lineup, I'm pumped. I honestly wish I didn't buy the 3DS at launch, there were really no games that interested me until Zelda. But with the Wii U there is 11 (I just counted), I'm defenitiely am going to have to limit my purchases a bit. Are you telling me that when this thing launches with Pikmin, Mario, Rayman, ZombiU, Assassin's Creed, etc that it will be a crappy launch.

The only big announcement I was expecting was Retro Studios' new game. The fact that it was a no show just means it's bigger than any of us expected (or maybe on 3DS). I'd rather pick it up ASAP and start enjoying these new experiences rather than a year from now and be overwhelmed / miss out on a lot. Those are my thoughts, anyways...

nickcarney

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

176. Posted:

Yes. Will be there on launch day. Plan to be anyway. At least pretty darn close to it.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
XBL : Jataylor744

My 3DS friend code is : 4639-9014-2585Online games i have right now : MK7, Mario Tennis O, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sonic Generations, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing : New Leaf

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

177. Posted:

I probly get it at launch date because I remeber saving up for the Wii when it was released so the same thing with the Wii U. And to make things better its the first HD Nintendo console (1080p)

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Skogur

178. Posted:

Will probably be a day one buy for me.

Skogur

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5921-8386

AuthorMessage

BenAV

179. Posted:

All I want is for them to hurry up and announce the price so I can pay for the rest of it now, then I only have to worry about games and accessories. :P
(Leaning from the 3DS launch, as I only had enough for one game with my 3DS).

Edited on by BenAV

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

180. Posted:

Yeah I got a summer job so i'll be getting a Wii U. Games will come and I will always be a huge Nintendo fan. The only thing that might hold me back is the lack of a black console at launch.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes