Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 641 to 660 of 4,371

Blast

Ohhhh I want this game so badly... Everything about it screams "epic" and "legendary".

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

iKhan

HappyHappyist wrote:

Yup, it's not nearly as beautiful as it was before, definitely downgraded.

Have you seen the gameplay footage? It looks MORE beautiful than before. Just the models are underwhelming

Anyway, Siliconera just put together notes from the demo
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/30-minutes-xenoblade-chr...

At the start of the game, two warring alien species have a fierce battle close to Earth, and essentially force all of humanity to leave the planet in two arc ships before the planet blows up. The arc ships are extremely large in size and can essentially hold the population of an entire city.

One of the arc ships gets knocked out of space and crash-lands on an alien planet. Xenoblade Chronicles X takes place on this planet, and part of the game’s story involves searching for other groups of survivors that were scattered during the crash.

Your player character then awakens from their stasis pod, at which point you can customize them. You can choose their gender, hairstyle, skin colour, size and more. The first person you meet is Elma, who is one of the scouts from the city looking for survivors.

The first people to come out of stasis after the arc ship crashed were military people. However, the military folks know that they need people with other talents to get civilization back up and running, such as farmers and craftspeople.

As you explore the first area in the game, you’ll come across other artefacts that were scattered during the arc ship’s crash-landing.

The first city in the game is Neo Los Angeles, guarded by a military installation. This is the city you’ve seen in all the trailers for Xenoblade Chronicles X thus far. You’ll also see your first mechs in Neo Los Angeles.

Day-and-night cycles are back, along with changing weather patterns. Enemy patterns will change from day to night and will also change with the weather. For example, predators come out to hunt at night.

Like Xenoblade before it, Xenoblade Chronicles X’s battle system is entirely real-time. “Technical Points” are used to power up your Arts. TP can be built up faster by using melee attacks. Ranged attacks are less risky than melee attacks, but build up TP slower.

You can give orders to your teammates in battle using the battle menu. One of the options is the ability to have them focus fire on your target.

Characters have “Inner Stats” and “Class Stats”. The former are tied to your character and your items. The latter are tied to your character class.

Character classes can be changed on-the-fly—even in the midst of battle. Different Arts are tied to different classes. The first class you start out with is Drifter. Once you unlock multiple classes, you can mix and match Arts from different classes for a character setup you like.

My take:
They seem to be taking some cues from the Tales series (TP regenerating from melee hits, changing team strategies on the fly), which is interesting considering Zestiria is clearly taking cues from Xenoblade. and neither of those are bad things. Both series do different things very well, and manage to deliver unique takes on the JRPG formula

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

MAN1AC wrote:

I prefer a defined character. It helps the story in a lot of ways imo.
That character customization looks legit though. They even have classes too so hopefully Monolift Soft was able to find some type of balance between the two for this game.

I agree, but Xenoblade had lackluster characters anyway, so I don't mind to much for this game.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

iKhan wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

Yup, it's not nearly as beautiful as it was before, definitely downgraded.

Have you seen the gameplay footage? It looks MORE beautiful than before. Just the models are underwhelming

Anyway, Siliconera just put together notes from the demo
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/30-minutes-xenoblade-chr...

At the start of the game, two warring alien species have a fierce battle close to Earth, and essentially force all of humanity to leave the planet in two arc ships before the planet blows up. The arc ships are extremely large in size and can essentially hold the population of an entire city.

One of the arc ships gets knocked out of space and crash-lands on an alien planet. Xenoblade Chronicles X takes place on this planet, and part of the game’s story involves searching for other groups of survivors that were scattered during the crash.

Your player character then awakens from their stasis pod, at which point you can customize them. You can choose their gender, hairstyle, skin colour, size and more. The first person you meet is Elma, who is one of the scouts from the city looking for survivors.

The first people to come out of stasis after the arc ship crashed were military people. However, the military folks know that they need people with other talents to get civilization back up and running, such as farmers and craftspeople.

As you explore the first area in the game, you’ll come across other artefacts that were scattered during the arc ship’s crash-landing.

The first city in the game is Neo Los Angeles, guarded by a military installation. This is the city you’ve seen in all the trailers for Xenoblade Chronicles X thus far. You’ll also see your first mechs in Neo Los Angeles.

Day-and-night cycles are back, along with changing weather patterns. Enemy patterns will change from day to night and will also change with the weather. For example, predators come out to hunt at night.

Like Xenoblade before it, Xenoblade Chronicles X’s battle system is entirely real-time. “Technical Points” are used to power up your Arts. TP can be built up faster by using melee attacks. Ranged attacks are less risky than melee attacks, but build up TP slower.

You can give orders to your teammates in battle using the battle menu. One of the options is the ability to have them focus fire on your target.

Characters have “Inner Stats” and “Class Stats”. The former are tied to your character and your items. The latter are tied to your character class.

Character classes can be changed on-the-fly—even in the midst of battle. Different Arts are tied to different classes. The first class you start out with is Drifter. Once you unlock multiple classes, you can mix and match Arts from different classes for a character setup you like.

My take:
They seem to be taking some cues from the Tales series (TP regenerating from melee hits, changing team strategies on the fly), which is interesting considering Zestiria is clearly taking cues from Xenoblade. and neither of those are bad things. Both series do different things very well, and manage to deliver unique takes on the JRPG formula

!!!!!!!! ALL THAT GOOD INFORMATION ABOUT THE GAME

Master of the Hype Train

cookiex

I think it looks just as good as before (the character models are kinda ugly though), and it's huge.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Peach64

I dunno if people are remembering the original reveal differently, but it doesn't look down-graded to me. Those mechs! <3 I think this is my second most anticipated Wii U game behind Zelda.

Peach64

CaviarMeths

Gosh, anime-style character models in 3D look so unnerving. It's deep in the uncanny valley of creepiness. The last two Star Ocean games had the same problem.

But it does nothing to deter me from the game. All of the other visuals are gorgeous.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

unrandomsam

Sucks they couldn't come up with a better name. Even just X was better.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Jazzer94

There was no dowgrade in visuals people it looks the same as before and considering the scale of the game I'm perfectly happy with how it looks.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Dreamsleep

I watched that Treehouse gameplay live...well...flipped back and forth between it and NeoGaf, as I didn't want too many spoilers for myself. But, OMG! DAT HOTNESS! Amazing, engrossing, and looks hella fun to play. Exactly what I wanted, and exactly what I'm going to get. Monolithsoft gods deliver the mana!

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

OmegaMetroid93

I don't understand why people keep saying the game has been downgraded visually. If you look at the treehouse demo you can clearly see that is NOT the case.
And iyou can't really compare the character models from the first two trailers to this one, because you never even got close to the character models in those trailers. And even so, Xenoblade's characters looked pretty bad. I don't mind these at all.

That being said, I loooved that they showed almost 45 minutes of the game during the live event.
At first I didn't like how the main character is cutomizable, but seeing as how the game will have online gameplay, it makes perfect sense. Plus, that doesn't mean there won't be character development and a good story. After all, games like Persona handles "faceless" main characters extremely well. There's no reason to believe this will be any different.

I definitely get more of a Xenogears/Xenosaga feel from the graphics, characters and story. But the gameplay is definitely all Xenoblade.
I'm more hyped than ever for this now! @~@

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

It seems like you have AI companions like in Xenoblade. I dunno how indepth the commands are, but they did bring up a list of commands. There are way more compared to Xenoblade which only had 3 battle commands.

I really recommend watching the gameplay. It got me really excited and put all (well, most) of my worries to rest.
For example, I was afraid your characters wouldn't change appearance when you changed armour, but they do!
I was afraid they'd go crazy with the whole "ALL AREAS ARE ENORMOUS"-thing. And don't get me wrong, I love huge areas, but I wanted smaller, more confined areas as well, like in Xenoblade. And in fact, the area you start out in is such an area.
I can probably say more, but nothing comes from the top of my head right now.

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

Blast

Kodeen wrote:

So I haven't been able to watch any of the Treehouse stuff. How will single player work in this game? Can you solo, or do you have AI companions that behave like they did in Xenoblade Chronicles? Or, dare I hope, can you given them direct commands at any time, a la Final Fantasy 12?

All your questions will be answered by watching this video.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fblid23KEho&list=UUT6iAerL...

Master of the Hype Train

Hy8ogen

Peach64 wrote:

I dunno if people are remembering the original reveal differently, but it doesn't look down-graded to me. Those mechs! <3 I think this is my second most anticipated Wii U game behind Zelda.

Agreed. It looks exactly the same as before. But after the character model they showed us, one cannot help to feel that they should make them more "polished"?

Man I really want to play this game NOW. Open World? Check. Big @ss Mechs? Check. Character Customization? Check. ALOT of weapons and skills to build up your character? Check. Gorgeous? Check. Anime Art Style? Check. BIG MONSTERS? Check. This game literally has EVERYTHING I want in a game. Please make it come to us at Q1 2015 Nintendo.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

iKhan

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I don't understand why people keep saying the game has been downgraded visually. If you look at the treehouse demo you can clearly see that is NOT the case.
And iyou can't really compare the character models from the first two trailers to this one, because you never even got close to the character models in those trailers. And even so, Xenoblade's characters looked pretty bad. I don't mind these at all.

That being said, I loooved that they showed almost 45 minutes of the game during the live event.
At first I didn't like how the main character is cutomizable, but seeing as how the game will have online gameplay, it makes perfect sense. Plus, that doesn't mean there won't be character development and a good story. After all, games like Persona handles "faceless" main characters extremely well. There's no reason to believe this will be any different.

I definitely get more of a Xenogears/Xenosaga feel from the graphics, characters and story. But the gameplay is definitely all Xenoblade.
I'm more hyped than ever for this now! @~@

When did they say it would have online?

Hy8ogen

@iKhan They mentioned it a few months back. It was not mentioned in the E3 and treehouse even though.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

cookiex

Treehouse is livestreaming more footage of this right now.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Faruko

looks the same to me, which is damn impressive ! cant wait for this game, XChronicles for Wii was one of the best RPGs ever

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Ryno

Untitled
Nintendo needs to sell those. I'd make my wife wear it!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic