Wii U Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Showing 661 to 680 of 929

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

661. Posted:

There was no dowgrade in visuals people it looks the same as before and considering the scale of the game I'm perfectly happy with how it looks.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dreamsleep

662. Posted:

I watched that Treehouse gameplay live...well...flipped back and forth between it and NeoGaf, as I didn't want too many spoilers for myself. But, OMG! DAT HOTNESS! Amazing, engrossing, and looks hella fun to play. Exactly what I wanted, and exactly what I'm going to get. Monolithsoft gods deliver the mana!

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OmegaMetroid93

663. Posted:

I don't understand why people keep saying the game has been downgraded visually. If you look at the treehouse demo you can clearly see that is NOT the case.
And iyou can't really compare the character models from the first two trailers to this one, because you never even got close to the character models in those trailers. And even so, Xenoblade's characters looked pretty bad. I don't mind these at all.

That being said, I loooved that they showed almost 45 minutes of the game during the live event.
At first I didn't like how the main character is cutomizable, but seeing as how the game will have online gameplay, it makes perfect sense. Plus, that doesn't mean there won't be character development and a good story. After all, games like Persona handles "faceless" main characters extremely well. There's no reason to believe this will be any different.

I definitely get more of a Xenogears/Xenosaga feel from the graphics, characters and story. But the gameplay is definitely all Xenoblade.
I'm more hyped than ever for this now! @~@

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kodeen

664. Posted:

So I haven't been able to watch any of the Treehouse stuff. How will single player work in this game? Can you solo, or do you have AI companions that behave like they did in Xenoblade Chronicles? Or, dare I hope, can you given them direct commands at any time, a la Final Fantasy 12?

Kodeen

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OmegaMetroid93

665. Posted:

It seems like you have AI companions like in Xenoblade. I dunno how indepth the commands are, but they did bring up a list of commands. There are way more compared to Xenoblade which only had 3 battle commands.

I really recommend watching the gameplay. It got me really excited and put all (well, most) of my worries to rest.
For example, I was afraid your characters wouldn't change appearance when you changed armour, but they do!
I was afraid they'd go crazy with the whole "ALL AREAS ARE ENORMOUS"-thing. And don't get me wrong, I love huge areas, but I wanted smaller, more confined areas as well, like in Xenoblade. And in fact, the area you start out in is such an area.
I can probably say more, but nothing comes from the top of my head right now.

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

666. Posted:

Kodeen wrote:

So I haven't been able to watch any of the Treehouse stuff. How will single player work in this game? Can you solo, or do you have AI companions that behave like they did in Xenoblade Chronicles? Or, dare I hope, can you given them direct commands at any time, a la Final Fantasy 12?

All your questions will be answered by watching this video.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fblid23KEho&list=UUT6iAerL...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hy8ogen

667. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

I dunno if people are remembering the original reveal differently, but it doesn't look down-graded to me. Those mechs! <3 I think this is my second most anticipated Wii U game behind Zelda.

Agreed. It looks exactly the same as before. But after the character model they showed us, one cannot help to feel that they should make them more "polished"?

Man I really want to play this game NOW. Open World? Check. Big @ss Mechs? Check. Character Customization? Check. ALOT of weapons and skills to build up your character? Check. Gorgeous? Check. Anime Art Style? Check. BIG MONSTERS? Check. This game literally has EVERYTHING I want in a game. Please make it come to us at Q1 2015 Nintendo.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iKhan

668. Posted:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I don't understand why people keep saying the game has been downgraded visually. If you look at the treehouse demo you can clearly see that is NOT the case.
And iyou can't really compare the character models from the first two trailers to this one, because you never even got close to the character models in those trailers. And even so, Xenoblade's characters looked pretty bad. I don't mind these at all.

That being said, I loooved that they showed almost 45 minutes of the game during the live event.
At first I didn't like how the main character is cutomizable, but seeing as how the game will have online gameplay, it makes perfect sense. Plus, that doesn't mean there won't be character development and a good story. After all, games like Persona handles "faceless" main characters extremely well. There's no reason to believe this will be any different.

I definitely get more of a Xenogears/Xenosaga feel from the graphics, characters and story. But the gameplay is definitely all Xenoblade.
I'm more hyped than ever for this now! @~@

When did they say it would have online?

Currently Playing: Okami, Paper Mario 2
Currently Watching: Arrow, Batman Beyond, The Flash, Gotham, Star Wars: Rebels

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hy8ogen

669. Posted:

@iKhan They mentioned it a few months back. It was not mentioned in the E3 and treehouse even though.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cookiex

670. Posted:

Treehouse is livestreaming more footage of this right now. :)

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

671. Posted:

Avatar Make

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Faruko

672. Posted:

looks the same to me, which is damn impressive ! cant wait for this game, XChronicles for Wii was one of the best RPGs ever

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

673. Posted:

Untitled
Nintendo needs to sell those. I'd make my wife wear it!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OmegaMetroid93

674. Posted:

Speaking of those... They look exactly like the Monado. What's up with that??
Is it just a little easter egg? Or will it be something way more significant?

OmegaMetroid93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

675. Posted:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Speaking of those... They look exactly like the Monado. What's up with that??
Is it just a little easter egg? Or will it be something way more significant?

My guess is it's an easter egg. Blade in this games stands for "Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator." I'm guessing no Monado this time.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAN1AC

676. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Untitled
Nintendo needs to sell those. I'd make my wife wear it!

I hate those eyes. She looks like she has no soul.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

677. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Untitled
Nintendo needs to sell those. I'd make my wife wear it!

hahahaha awesome

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Suicune

678. Posted:

Needs more space rihanna

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dreamsleep

679. Posted:

Needs more playable aliens, but whatever. It's still going to be epic.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

680. Posted:

Just finished watching the Treehouse video, and this looks absolutely amazing.

I LOVE it when sci-fi stories connect back to the "real world", and when the game started with the alien war actually above Earth, it had me gripped, and when our ships were trying to escape, it just brought a huge smile to my face when I saw the bold "United States" on the side of the ship (Oh, and Neo Los Angeles. Awesome!).

It's details like that, that always get me intrigued, and I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)