Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 661 to 680 of 4,371

OmegaMetroid93

Speaking of those... They look exactly like the Monado. What's up with that??
Is it just a little easter egg? Or will it be something way more significant?

OmegaMetroid93

Ryno

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Speaking of those... They look exactly like the Monado. What's up with that??
Is it just a little easter egg? Or will it be something way more significant?

My guess is it's an easter egg. Blade in this games stands for "Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator." I'm guessing no Monado this time.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

MAN1AC

Ryno wrote:

Untitled
Nintendo needs to sell those. I'd make my wife wear it!

I hate those eyes. She looks like she has no soul.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Arminillo

Needs more space rihanna

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Dreamsleep

Needs more playable aliens, but whatever. It's still going to be epic.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

RR529

Just finished watching the Treehouse video, and this looks absolutely amazing.

I LOVE it when sci-fi stories connect back to the "real world", and when the game started with the alien war actually above Earth, it had me gripped, and when our ships were trying to escape, it just brought a huge smile to my face when I saw the bold "United States" on the side of the ship (Oh, and Neo Los Angeles. Awesome!).

It's details like that, that always get me intrigued, and I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Spoony_Tech

I can see how some are saying this game looks like it took a step back graphically. I've only seen the Digital Presentation trailer and I thought it also looked more bland now. What they showed looked good but more generic then before. Still though this has me excited for a bunch more reasons then visuals anyways. Don't get me wrong it looks great but it has so much more going on for it.

I loved the first game but never finished it. The length and fact that I never seem to finish games lately got in the way. I thought the world in the looked absolutely amazing and on the Wii at that. The enemies also looked stunning. The story from where I got to was also very good. What took a back seat for me though was the combat system. Once you got to the topple mechanics it just seemed like you just continually did the same thing over and over and over. I hardly ever felt the need to use that new move I just learned because of this system. My only complaint from the first game but it does make up a big part of the whole game. I really hope the combat system is more balanced this go around as more and more rpgs now a day really make you think with certain enemies.

Anyways looking forward to this either way as I know the quality it will have!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Hy8ogen

Pahvi wrote:

Sigh... I've just started playing Xenoblade Chronicles - the Wii game - and am just leaving for Colony 6, and I would've loved for XBX to have British voice acting as well. Alas, I doubt that is to be, with the ship being from the US.

With Benedict Cumberbatch voice as the ship captain? Day 1 buy fosho.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

R_Champ

Pahvi wrote:

Sigh... I've just started playing Xenoblade Chronicles - the Wii game - and am just leaving for Colony 6, and I would've loved for XBX to have British voice acting as well. Alas, I doubt that is to be, with the ship being from the US.

I was also liking the idea of British voice actors for X, but with the ship being from the US, that would be ridiculous and unrealistic. I just hope they don't dip into the typical-anime-voices pool. Don't get me wrong, I like most of those voice actors...but they are in EVERYTHING. One of the reasons I loved the British voice actors in the first one is because I'd never heard them before and it made me feel they were that character--not Vash the Stampede or Ledouche of the Rebellion, or that guy who got killed off early in that low-budget sci-fi channel zombie flick.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

kkslider5552000

R_Champ wrote:

I was also liking the idea of British voice actors for X, but with the ship being from the US, that would be ridiculous and unrealistic.

Meh, I'll just pretend the UK got destroyed at some point. Lots of immigration.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

The main problem with American voice acting is that it's a job that most American consumers don't really care about. There's hardly a such thing as a voice acting "celebrity" in America. Nolan North is as close there is and 99% of you wouldn't recognize him if you saw him on the street. As a result, it's not really an industry that attracts a lot of passion or talent. Most developers, especially those who specialize in localizing JRPGs, scrape up the bare minimum required and hire some people to read some scripts.

I mean, Xenoblade Chronicles had half-assed voice acting and it still turned out better than any non-blockbuster game American dubbing.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

I'm pretty sure Kid Icarus Uprising is the only Nintendo game where the NA voice actors were given any direction even.

I really hate when people don't put enough effort into voice acting. Like those Tales of games that actively take voice acting out of optional scenes because they couldn't pay the voice actors enough (because lord knows voice actors make a killing (roll eyes)). I mean I'll give some credit to Xenoblade where at least only the heart-to-heart stuff and some quest things didn't have the main characters actually speak. God forbid you see Ni No Kuni where half of the game is 10 seconds of voice acting in the middle of 5 minutes of dialogue.

That might be one of the reasons people have gotten more into Western games. Like the effort put into stuff like Mass Effect is super appreciated in this regard where every character has an actual voice instead of inconsistent bs (this is a big pet peeve of mine).

It's why I don't want voice acting in Zelda unless its top-notch and given to everyone.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

OmegaMetroid93

I also would've liked british voice acting in the game. But hey, as long as they get good voice actors for the game, I don't care.
I have definitely heard good american voice actors before. Or maybe my standards just aren't that high.

OmegaMetroid93

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I can see how some are saying this game looks like it took a step back graphically. I've only seen the Digital Presentation trailer and I thought it also looked more bland now. What they showed looked good but more generic then before. Still though this has me excited for a bunch more reasons then visuals anyways. Don't get me wrong it looks great but it has so much more going on for it.

I loved the first game but never finished it. The length and fact that I never seem to finish games lately got in the way. I thought the world in the looked absolutely amazing and on the Wii at that. The enemies also looked stunning. The story from where I got to was also very good. What took a back seat for me though was the combat system. Once you got to the topple mechanics it just seemed like you just continually did the same thing over and over and over. I hardly ever felt the need to use that new move I just learned because of this system. My only complaint from the first game but it does make up a big part of the whole game. I really hope the combat system is more balanced this go around as more and more rpgs now a day really make you think with certain enemies.

Anyways looking forward to this either way as I know the quality it will have!

Watch the Treehouse demo. Game looks amazing when you're actually out in the field.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Spoony_Tech

I should but then I'll be spoiled and not want the game because I've seen it already!

I don't need want to. Its one of those games I'll see when I pick it up.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ryno

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I should but then I'll be spoiled and not want the game because I've seen it already!

I don't need want to. Its one of those games I'll see when I pick it up.

Watching 40 minutes of probably an 80-100 hr. game(going by Xenoblade Chronicles), you will be ok and there will be plenty of new stuff for you to expereince.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Spoony_Tech

You mran its not like the latest movie trailer where they pretty much show everything interesting or funny. Dang I thought they were going to show the whole story!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

shingi_70

I hope Nintendo gets Nolan North, Troy Baker, and Laura Bailey for the VO.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic