Wii U Forum

Topic: X (aka Monolith Soft now owns your soul, DEAL WITH IT)

Showing 361 to 380 of 519

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

361. Posted:

triforcepower73 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Then Shulk is probably the character at the end of the first trailer, so are we getting some sort of mixed game of the Xeno series as a whole?

Well the character in the end of the 1st trailer definitely resembles Shulk but the former has green eyes and the latter has blue. But you know who else has green eyes? Fiora! You can piece the rest together.

But the game looks to be quite a while after Xenoblade. There's no way the mechs would advance that much in such a short time. Shulk was what, 18? The kid in the first trailer looks about that age so assuming Shulk had his kid in his 20's that's only like 20-30 years away. One of the Gamexplain videos mentions this. I watch them from time-to-time. The one with Chuggaconroy is probably the most accurate as he actually finished xenoblade.

Gamexplain 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M69rPbLb1fg&noredirect=1

2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h21vOilq4k&noredirect=1

3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLmtALXWLWc&noredirect=1

W/Chuggaconroy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3CJFbIiPrM&noredirect=1

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HappyHappyist

362. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

What happened with GameStop?

Games like zenoblade are a big reason why I'm saddened that Wii games aren't put on the eshop or the Wii shop channel.

I hope we see more of the game this month at a ND.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/gamestop_accused_of_...
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/gamestop_defends_xen...
basically, they ripped the cellophane off some new copies of Xenoblade and they're selling them as used... for $90. i have nowhere else to get a copy, so...

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

363. Posted:

HappyHappyist wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

What happened with GameStop?

Games like zenoblade are a big reason why I'm saddened that Wii games aren't put on the eshop or the Wii shop channel.

I hope we see more of the game this month at a ND.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/gamestop_accused_of_...
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/gamestop_defends_xen...
basically, they ripped the cellophane off some new copies of Xenoblade and they're selling them as used... for $90. i have nowhere else to get a copy, so...

I don't think that they did that. When I saw the 1000 or so copies show up on GS.com, I called around and they were used, because some of them were missing the instructions or case. Every GS in my state had legitimately used copies.

I ended up just buying a used copy off of craigslist for $70. I wanted to play it so I could have some form of what X is supposed to be. X is going to be better, but Xenoblade still has plenty of aspects that will be in the new game, as well.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

364. Posted:

I'm not paying above $65 for a game (unless it's a special edition). I don't care how good it is.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HappyHappyist

365. Posted:

my brother took my sister and i to a gamestop (we went there because she wanted mariokart wii) and i checked the used wii game section, and it was $80. and like @TheLilk98 , i'm not paying anything above $65 for a game. games are already expensive enough as it is, and being a teenager with no income, i can only actually buy 1 or 3 games a year.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

366. Posted:

Alright, guys. Do you think this game will sell really well in Japan and good everywhere else OR... do you think Japan's sales of this game will be wayyy more huge than everywhere else?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

367. Posted:

It'll probably sell well over here in the US judging by Xenoblade.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

368. Posted:

Blast wrote:

Alright, guys. Do you think this game will sell really well in Japan and good everywhere else OR... do you think Japan's sales of this game will be wayyy more huge than everywhere else?

most niche Japanese games sell better here, if only because of the huge difference in popularity and Nintendo is actually behind this game so it will certainly do better here. But if you mean it will do better taking that into account...eh? If it doesn't get screwed over by when it releases and gets good marketing, I'd say it'll do quite well over here.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

369. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Alright, guys. Do you think this game will sell really well in Japan and good everywhere else OR... do you think Japan's sales of this game will be wayyy more huge than everywhere else?

most niche Japanese games sell better here, if only because of the huge difference in popularity and Nintendo is actually behind this game so it will certainly do better here. But if you mean it will do better taking that into account...eh? If it doesn't get screwed over by when it releases and gets good marketing, I'd say it'll do quite well over here.

@kkslider5552000 and @TheLik98 GREAT!!! :D That's what I wanna hear! I want this game to have great sales everywhere!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

scrubbyscum999

370. Posted:

US and EU will have better sales. That has been happening as of recent with niche JPN titles, plus Xenoblade sold more.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

371. Posted:

But again, they can't exactly sell it if no one knows about it. It all goes back to marketing. Which they aren't good at.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Maskeraid

372. Posted:

@Lilk Xenoblade's audience for the most part knows this exists, and that's the same audience this appeals to so... I don't know if marketing is an issue. As long as it has a trailer or something right before release, it'll sell like hotcakes.

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

373. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

But again, they can't exactly sell it if no one knows about it. It all goes back to marketing. Which they aren't good at.

The eShop is there. Tons of games are available via one touch of a screen.

Wii U is basically the only system Nintendo has ever produced that they didn't market left and right. Wii had the "Wii would like to play" commercials on, every other time.

No offense to anyone, but you're long time memory must be shorter than 5 years if you can't realize that Nintendo has treated Wii U the most differently out of basically every other system they have created.

That's what the lack of commercials means, coming from someone who pays attention and knows what certain things mean, whether they say it or not. Smash Bros. not revealing every character on announcement number 1, doesn't mean it won't happen on announcement number 2.

It's just the way they run crap, and people should know that, by now.

/rant over

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

374. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

But again, they can't exactly sell it if no one knows about it. It all goes back to marketing. Which they aren't good at.

The eShop is there. Tons of games are available via one touch of a screen.

Wii U is basically the only system Nintendo has ever produced that they didn't market left and right. Wii had the "Wii would like to play" commercials on, every other time.

No offense to anyone, but you're long time memory must be shorter than 5 years if you can't realize that Nintendo has treated Wii U the most differently out of basically every other system they have created.

That's what the lack of commercials means, coming from someone who pays attention and knows what certain things mean, whether they say it or not. Smash Bros. not revealing every character on announcement number 1, doesn't mean it won't happen on announcement number 2.

It's just the way they run crap, and people should know that, by now.

/rant over

The difference is, everyone already knows about Smash Bros, and Nintendo talks about it literally every week. I remember the Wii commercials, but I was talking about this generation in particular. Not to mention X isn't even on the American Eshop aside from it's direct from last year. So regardless of what other games are represented there, X, the game in question, isn't. Obviously something is wrong with "The way they run crap" as Iwata has been apologizing and taking blame left and right for the way he "runs crap". and judging by the Wii U's sales, them treating it differently than their other consoles hasn't exactly been working.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

375. Posted:

@TheLiik98
This is the part where I say, they're working on it. 3rd parties are part of the reason why it's not doing as well as it could, too. That 2K 2014 game on Xbox One and PS4 could have been the 2K 2013 game on Wii U if 2K sports had targeted Wii U.

Obviously, that's not the case. There's alot more going on than one thing, so it's pointless to say there's one specific thing that isn't right. Nintendo just barely put Miiverse on 3DS, and they announced that 2 1/2 years ago. It takes a long time.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

376. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@TheLiik98
This is the part where I say, they're working on it. 3rd parties are part of the reason why it's not doing as well as it could, too. That 2K 2014 game on Xbox One and PS4 could have been the 2K 2013 game on Wii U if 2K sports had targeted Wii U.

Obviously, that's not the case. There's alot more going on than one thing, so it's pointless to say there's one specific thing that isn't right. Nintendo just barely put Miiverse on 3DS, and they announced that 2 1/2 years ago. It takes a long time.

I don't feel like debating that in this thread, so let's just agree to disagree. Back on topic, since Xeno games are notorious for being ridiculously long, how long do you guys think this'll last? Main quest in particular.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

377. Posted:

@TheLik98 This game is gonna last hecka long. I'm thinking.... over 200 hours easily.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

378. Posted:

If Xenoblade is anything to go by, X should be around 100 hours of single player mode. Multiplayer is basically confirmed, so I would expect that that will prolong the game replayability, resulting in more hours.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

379. Posted:

@Blast Is that side quests included? @SCAR392 Yeah, that sounds about right. I heard somebody say that the multiplayer might have one person as the leader and everyone else is tethered to that person until battle starts(I'm really hoping that's not the case) Also, since this isn't Capcom (looking at you MH3U) I think it's pretty safe to assume that the multiplayer won't be region locked. But you never know these days...

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

380. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

@Blast Is that side quests included? @SCAR392 Yeah, that sounds about right. I heard somebody say that the multiplayer might have one person as the leader and everyone else is tethered to that person until battle starts(I'm really hoping that's not the case) Also, since this isn't Capcom (looking at you MH3U) I think it's pretty safe to assume that the multiplayer won't be region locked. But you never know these days...

I can assure you that no players will be tethered to one another in the game world. It wouldn't allow player freedom if they were, so they won't do that. It might be region locked to NA and EU, like MH, but I can't say for sure.

$¢@®³’²