Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 361 to 380 of 4,371

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

Alright, guys. Do you think this game will sell really well in Japan and good everywhere else OR... do you think Japan's sales of this game will be wayyy more huge than everywhere else?

most niche Japanese games sell better here, if only because of the huge difference in popularity and Nintendo is actually behind this game so it will certainly do better here. But if you mean it will do better taking that into account...eh? If it doesn't get screwed over by when it releases and gets good marketing, I'd say it'll do quite well over here.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Alright, guys. Do you think this game will sell really well in Japan and good everywhere else OR... do you think Japan's sales of this game will be wayyy more huge than everywhere else?

most niche Japanese games sell better here, if only because of the huge difference in popularity and Nintendo is actually behind this game so it will certainly do better here. But if you mean it will do better taking that into account...eh? If it doesn't get screwed over by when it releases and gets good marketing, I'd say it'll do quite well over here.

@kkslider5552000 and @TheLik98 GREAT!!! That's what I wanna hear! I want this game to have great sales everywhere!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

scrubbyscum999

US and EU will have better sales. That has been happening as of recent with niche JPN titles, plus Xenoblade sold more.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

@Lilk Xenoblade's audience for the most part knows this exists, and that's the same audience this appeals to so... I don't know if marketing is an issue. As long as it has a trailer or something right before release, it'll sell like hotcakes.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

SCRAPPER392

TheLilK98 wrote:

But again, they can't exactly sell it if no one knows about it. It all goes back to marketing. Which they aren't good at.

The eShop is there. Tons of games are available via one touch of a screen.

Wii U is basically the only system Nintendo has ever produced that they didn't market left and right. Wii had the "Wii would like to play" commercials on, every other time.

No offense to anyone, but you're long time memory must be shorter than 5 years if you can't realize that Nintendo has treated Wii U the most differently out of basically every other system they have created.

That's what the lack of commercials means, coming from someone who pays attention and knows what certain things mean, whether they say it or not. Smash Bros. not revealing every character on announcement number 1, doesn't mean it won't happen on announcement number 2.

It's just the way they run crap, and people should know that, by now.

/rant over

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

TheLilK98

SCAR392 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

But again, they can't exactly sell it if no one knows about it. It all goes back to marketing. Which they aren't good at.

The eShop is there. Tons of games are available via one touch of a screen.

Wii U is basically the only system Nintendo has ever produced that they didn't market left and right. Wii had the "Wii would like to play" commercials on, every other time.

No offense to anyone, but you're long time memory must be shorter than 5 years if you can't realize that Nintendo has treated Wii U the most differently out of basically every other system they have created.

That's what the lack of commercials means, coming from someone who pays attention and knows what certain things mean, whether they say it or not. Smash Bros. not revealing every character on announcement number 1, doesn't mean it won't happen on announcement number 2.

It's just the way they run crap, and people should know that, by now.

/rant over

The difference is, everyone already knows about Smash Bros, and Nintendo talks about it literally every week. I remember the Wii commercials, but I was talking about this generation in particular. Not to mention X isn't even on the American Eshop aside from it's direct from last year. So regardless of what other games are represented there, X, the game in question, isn't. Obviously something is wrong with "The way they run crap" as Iwata has been apologizing and taking blame left and right for the way he "runs crap". and judging by the Wii U's sales, them treating it differently than their other consoles hasn't exactly been working.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

@TheLiik98
This is the part where I say, they're working on it. 3rd parties are part of the reason why it's not doing as well as it could, too. That 2K 2014 game on Xbox One and PS4 could have been the 2K 2013 game on Wii U if 2K sports had targeted Wii U.

Obviously, that's not the case. There's alot more going on than one thing, so it's pointless to say there's one specific thing that isn't right. Nintendo just barely put Miiverse on 3DS, and they announced that 2 1/2 years ago. It takes a long time.

Qwest

TheLilK98

SCAR392 wrote:

@TheLiik98
This is the part where I say, they're working on it. 3rd parties are part of the reason why it's not doing as well as it could, too. That 2K 2014 game on Xbox One and PS4 could have been the 2K 2013 game on Wii U if 2K sports had targeted Wii U.

Obviously, that's not the case. There's alot more going on than one thing, so it's pointless to say there's one specific thing that isn't right. Nintendo just barely put Miiverse on 3DS, and they announced that 2 1/2 years ago. It takes a long time.

I don't feel like debating that in this thread, so let's just agree to disagree. Back on topic, since Xeno games are notorious for being ridiculously long, how long do you guys think this'll last? Main quest in particular.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Blast

@TheLik98 This game is gonna last hecka long. I'm thinking.... over 200 hours easily.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SCRAPPER392

If Xenoblade is anything to go by, X should be around 100 hours of single player mode. Multiplayer is basically confirmed, so I would expect that that will prolong the game replayability, resulting in more hours.

Qwest

TheLilK98

@Blast Is that side quests included? @SCAR392 Yeah, that sounds about right. I heard somebody say that the multiplayer might have one person as the leader and everyone else is tethered to that person until battle starts(I'm really hoping that's not the case) Also, since this isn't Capcom (looking at you MH3U) I think it's pretty safe to assume that the multiplayer won't be region locked. But you never know these days...

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

SCRAPPER392

TheLilK98 wrote:

@Blast Is that side quests included? @SCAR392 Yeah, that sounds about right. I heard somebody say that the multiplayer might have one person as the leader and everyone else is tethered to that person until battle starts(I'm really hoping that's not the case) Also, since this isn't Capcom (looking at you MH3U) I think it's pretty safe to assume that the multiplayer won't be region locked. But you never know these days...

I can assure you that no players will be tethered to one another in the game world. It wouldn't allow player freedom if they were, so they won't do that. It might be region locked to NA and EU, like MH, but I can't say for sure.

Qwest

TheLilK98

Sweet. I suppose semi-region locking would make sense, language barriers and such, but I think the best option would be to give you the option of connecting to your region's server or the worldwide servers.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

SCRAPPER392

TheLilK98 wrote:

Sweet. I suppose semi-region locking would make sense, language barriers and such, but I think the best option would be to give you the option of connecting to your region's server or the worldwide servers.

That might be plausible. Adding a friend from Japan and playing with them shouldn't be a problem. In terms of random online players, I'd say similar regions being connected, woud be ideal(with possibly an option for worldwide), considering that voice chat will most likely be there.

I don't really see how you could play these games without voice chat, if you're serious about playing the best you can with others.

Another option could possibly be choosing a pre-typed list of options, like "Help", "Hi", "Over here", etc. in your own language, but it will show up in their language when it sends the message. You probably wouldn't be able to edit which preset messages you can send, though.

I'm not entirely sure on region-locked online modes. We'll just have to see.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

JoyBoy

Multiplayer confirmed? When, where?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Snagrio

I'm kinda amazed that this thread is still ongoing considering there have only been two trailers so far. Then again this is a big game that many are looking forward to.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Ryno

WingedSnagret wrote:

I'm kinda amazed that this thread is still ongoing considering there have only been two trailers so far. Then again this is a big game that many are looking forward to.

Maybe you missed the part in the title of this thread where "Monolith Soft now owns your soul, DEAL WITH IT" and we are.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

shingi_70

I hope the side Quests have alot of work put into them. I remember hearing the side stuff in xenoblade wasn't too great.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic