Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 341 to 360 of 4,371

Rezalack

I bet we get a new trailer for X this month. In a preview of whats to come for 2014. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it wouldn't surprise me. It seems to be the game garnering the attention of non-Wii U owners, they'd be smart to show it off.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Blast

@Spuratis Agreed!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DirkaDirka

TheLilK98 wrote:

Saga had way too many cutscenes for me, I never finished it.

I do admit, Xenosaga has a ridiculous amount of cutscenes, but the combat in the game makes up for how long they are. It's so addicting!!

DirkaDirka

Nintendo Network ID: DirkaDirka

TheLilK98

Spuratis wrote:

I bet we get a new trailer for X this month. In a preview of whats to come for 2014. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it wouldn't surprise me. It seems to be the game garnering the attention of non-Wii U owners, they'd be smart to show it off.

God I hope so. I remember a while back my friend was all "L0L WIIU SUX BECUZ NO SKYRIM" and I showed him the X trailers. He shut up after that. He told me he actually kinda wanted a Wii U now, but he needed to know more about the game. I told him I'd keep him updated. That was back in October. He wants to talk about the game all the time, the only problem is there's nothing left to talk about(he hasn't played Xenoblade)

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Blast

@TheLik98 I'm pretty glad that X exists. Lol I'm VERY glad it exists. It gives the U something pretty dang special

Master of the Hype Train

SCRAPPER392

No one owns my soul.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DirkaDirka

TheLilK98 wrote:

@DirkaDirka That's also true....I'll get around to finishing it someday. Though I heard Ep. II was a train wreck by comparison.

Well...train wreck is kind of an overstatement. It's definitely not as amazing as the first episode, but it's still a very entertaining RPG. I wouldn't really classify any of the episodes as "bad" games. Episode II is probably a 7/10 compared to the other two, which I would say are 9/10 games.

DirkaDirka

Nintendo Network ID: DirkaDirka

Snagrio

Argh. I've barely made a dent in Xenoblade. Need to finish it before X comes out (seriously I hope they give an actual name next time it's shown off. Sick of calling it "X").

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

triforcepower73

SCAR392 wrote:

Then Shulk is probably the character at the end of the first trailer, so are we getting some sort of mixed game of the Xeno series as a whole?

Well the character in the end of the 1st trailer definitely resembles Shulk but the former has green eyes and the latter has blue. But you know who else has green eyes? Fiora! You can piece the rest together.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Blast

@Miss_Dark Well the good thing is.... The chance of having a Nintendo Direct this month is pretty high AND the chance of Nintendo talking about Monolith's X during the Direct is pretty high, too

Master of the Hype Train

HappyHappyist

i've never played Xenoblade, and i don't think i ever will (mainly because of what happened with Gamestop), and i originally wasn't interested at all in this game, but wow. i'm suddenly interested.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

shingi_70

What happened with GameStop?

Games like zenoblade are a big reason why I'm saddened that Wii games aren't put on the eshop or the Wii shop channel.

I hope we see more of the game this month at a ND.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TheLilK98

triforcepower73 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Then Shulk is probably the character at the end of the first trailer, so are we getting some sort of mixed game of the Xeno series as a whole?

Well the character in the end of the 1st trailer definitely resembles Shulk but the former has green eyes and the latter has blue. But you know who else has green eyes? Fiora! You can piece the rest together.

But the game looks to be quite a while after Xenoblade. There's no way the mechs would advance that much in such a short time. Shulk was what, 18? The kid in the first trailer looks about that age so assuming Shulk had his kid in his 20's that's only like 20-30 years away. One of the Gamexplain videos mentions this. I watch them from time-to-time. The one with Chuggaconroy is probably the most accurate as he actually finished xenoblade.

Gamexplain 1

W/Chuggaconroy

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

HappyHappyist

shingi_70 wrote:

Games like zenoblade are a big reason why I'm saddened that Wii games aren't put on the eshop or the Wii shop channel.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/gamestop_accused_of_...
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/gamestop_defends_xen...
basically, they ripped the cellophane off some new copies of Xenoblade and they're selling them as used... for $90. i have nowhere else to get a copy, so...

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

SCRAPPER392

HappyHappyist wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/gamestop_accused_of_...
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/gamestop_defends_xen...
basically, they ripped the cellophane off some new copies of Xenoblade and they're selling them as used... for $90. i have nowhere else to get a copy, so...

I don't think that they did that. When I saw the 1000 or so copies show up on GS.com, I called around and they were used, because some of them were missing the instructions or case. Every GS in my state had legitimately used copies.

I ended up just buying a used copy off of craigslist for $70. I wanted to play it so I could have some form of what X is supposed to be. X is going to be better, but Xenoblade still has plenty of aspects that will be in the new game, as well.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

HappyHappyist

my brother took my sister and i to a gamestop (we went there because she wanted mariokart wii) and i checked the used wii game section, and it was $80. and like @TheLilk98 , i'm not paying anything above $65 for a game. games are already expensive enough as it is, and being a teenager with no income, i can only actually buy 1 or 3 games a year.

Blue blue.

Blast

Alright, guys. Do you think this game will sell really well in Japan and good everywhere else OR... do you think Japan's sales of this game will be wayyy more huge than everywhere else?

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic