Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 4,371

kkslider5552000

triforcepower73 wrote:

@kkslider5552000: In the youtube video, I think the part was clipped out where he confirms it. There are actually several parts in that video that skip quite a bit. But here's the confirmation: http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/v/10127098?t=5h37m46s

Thank you.

Well that's...good. The British voice acting really did give Xenoblade Chronicles a unique feel, rather than every 3rd character being voiced by Troy Baker or Terra Strong.

Honestly I can't think of another game that does this, barring games that take place in the real world but multiple distant locations. At most they'll have a British actor or two because they could and because lulz (Portal and Little Big Planet immediately come to mind) but not a game with such a necessary variety of actors. I'm sure it's been done, I just can't think of it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LazerPan

triforcepower73 wrote:

Did you guys hear that apparently XCX will have BOTH American and British voice actors? It was supposedly confirmed by a NoE rep during the Gamescom Twitch stream. I can't vouch for the validity of that claim, as I didn't watch the stream, but that would be awesome if it's true. It would definitely give the game more variety.

I would rather have one, and let the game be released sooner.

LazerPan

triforcepower73

LazerPan wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

Did you guys hear that apparently XCX will have BOTH American and British voice actors? It was supposedly confirmed by a NoE rep during the Gamescom Twitch stream. I can't vouch for the validity of that claim, as I didn't watch the stream, but that would be awesome if it's true. It would definitely give the game more variety.

I would rather have one, and let the game be released sooner.

I don't think that having a handful of characters being voiced by a few guys and gals overseas will affect the release date for those of us in the US. Also I've been waiting almost 3 years for this. I can wait a few more months.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

nf_2

@DiscoGentleman: How is it a waste of money? If they need a certain number of voices, hiring somebody for their accent doesn't cost anymore...

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

erv

I heard they're going to localise it for tribe click language for those two people in zimbabwe from that tribe playing a wii U. We'll just have to accept a delay of a year or so, but it's worth it.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

LazerPan

@erv: Game delayed to 2016 to localise the game for Germany, France, Italia and the Sovjet Union.

LazerPan

Ralizah

Good. It'd be weird for everyone in New Los Angeles to sound British. Unless this took place in an alternate timeline in which Americans never won the revolutionary war?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

nf_2

@DiscoGentleman: I misunderstood you then. I agree completely. A little diversity is a great idea and I would have missed those accents/dialects in a straight English version.

nf_2

Blast

I'm gonna have Cross be the only guy in the group. I'm gonna find cool outfits for Elma and the other women party members. They might even wear bikinis... Ohhh yess Sorry Lynlee and Tatsu. Get outta here. I wanna explore with gorgeous women by my side.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

I'm gonna have Cross be the only guy in the group. I'm gonna find cool outfits for Elma and the other women party members. They might even wear bikinis... Ohhh yess Sorry Lynlee and Tatsu. Get outta here. I wanna explore with gorgeous women by my side.

That is the standard protocol for exploring a hostile alien planet.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Remember the days in this thread when some of us was worried Xenoblade Chronicles X would be ignored if Legend of Zelda Wii U and XCX released in 2015? Ahhh... The days when we believed Wii U's 2015 lineup was nearly flawless.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Grumblevolcano

@Blast: Yeah, those were great times. Too much negative has happened since, arguably ever since the NX and DeNA partnership was confirmed.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

Remember the days in this thread when some of us was worried Xenoblade Chronicles X would be ignored if Legend of Zelda Wii U and XCX released in 2015? Ahhh... The days when we believed Wii U's 2015 lineup was nearly flawless.

Lol, I genuinely remembering having that worry myself.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

triforcepower73

@Dweeb: I'm definitely hyped by this as well. When I first saw the reveal trailer during the January 2013 direct, when I heard that music I thought, "This sounds really good. It's kind of familiar.... Wait, no it can't be..." Then "Music: Hiroyuki Sawano" showed up in giant, white brush strokes. I pretty music fainted from excitement. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears.

triforcepower73

Blast wrote:

Ahem.... you're going to have "By My Side" playing while you're exploring with those gorgeous women, right?

Edited on by triforcepower73

martinskrtel37

@Grumblevolcano: wasn't that only a few months ago? what has gone so badly since then?

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

nf_2

@martinskrtel37: The DeNA partnership wasn't well received (putting that lightly) and Zelda was delayed. Otherwise E3 wasn't exactly great. Not to mention Iwata's passing. This hasn't been a great year for the Nintendo family of fans.

nf_2

martinskrtel37

@nf_2: didn't their stocks soar after unveiling that?

why is Zelda being delayed a bad thing? outside the selfish reasons that we can't play it sooner?

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Grumblevolcano

@martinskrtel37: If the NX and DeNA partnership weren't announced then Zelda delay would be fine because it would be showing that it's solely to make the game better. With the NX stuff it's seeming increasingly likely that they only delayed for it to become the main NX launch title.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano: Sounds like paranoia to me. Zelda games getting delayed is pretty standard at this point.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic