Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 4,371

crimsoncavalier

Something I noticed with XBC and I'm noticing with XBX is that the world looks amazing, but the character models are awful. I mean, plain terrible. I remember looking at Shulk's eyes and they looked so smeared and awful, and I actually laughed. Good thing I'm not a graphics freak, really. The environment in this new game looks stellar though. So beautiful.

As far as Final Fantasy, I'm done with that series. There hasn't been a good FF game since ... PS2? Maybe even before? I didn't care for Kingdom Hearts (although Shulk running reminds me of the main character in that game). Bravely Default was amazing, though, so I know that SE can still do it, but they're trying too hard with Final Fantasy. I think Bravely Default was a better FF game than any FF game in the last 5-10 years.

As for fan service ... meh, I don't care for it, but I don't mind it either. Like, Sharla's boobs in XBC ... it didn't bother me that they were so prominent all the time, what bothered me was how they defied physics in every way imaginable. I love boobs as much as the next guy, but they don't bounce when you turn your head. Sorry.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Haru17

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Something I noticed with XBC and I'm noticing with XBX is that the world looks amazing, but the character models are awful. I mean, plain terrible. I remember looking at Shulk's eyes and they looked so smeared and awful, and I actually laughed. Good thing I'm not a graphics freak, really. The environment in this new game looks stellar though. So beautiful.

As far as Final Fantasy, I'm done with that series. There hasn't been a good FF game since ... PS2? Maybe even before? I didn't care for Kingdom Hearts (although Shulk running reminds me of the main character in that game). Bravely Default was amazing, though, so I know that SE can still do it, but they're trying too hard with Final Fantasy. I think Bravely Default was a better FF game than any FF game in the last 5-10 years.

As for fan service ... meh, I don't care for it, but I don't mind it either. Like, Sharla's boobs in XBC ... it didn't bother me that they were so prominent all the time, what bothered me was how they defied physics in every way imaginable. I love boobs as much as the next guy, but they don't bounce when you turn your head. Sorry.

I love how the breast jiggle physics are one of the few physics effects in the game. It's just so dumb...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

kkslider5552000

Haru17 wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I love how the breast jiggle physics are one of the few physics effects in the game. It's just so dumb...

It made employee #219 at Monolith chuckle. I just explained why it's in the game.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

cookiex

Haru17 wrote:

And there's no way Nintendo, who's all family oriented, would put any boob window stuff in games (Bayonetta 2 and XC aren't by them). The closest Nintendo's ever gotten is zero suit Samus, who was all pixelated for most of her appearances. And even zero suit Samus is totally clothed except for her head, even if her suit is a bit skin tight http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/thumb/5/59/Zero_Suit_Samus_SSB4... I mean, Link has shown more skin than she has in her respective games http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/MasterofZelda/LinkisSh...

Last I checked Monolith Soft is a Nintendo subsidiary, so XCX is made by Nintendo in technicality. Smash Bros. would fall in the same category, and even that had a third-party assisting most of the development.

And speaking of Bayonetta...

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Haru17

cookiex wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

And there's no way Nintendo, who's all family oriented, would put any boob window stuff in games (Bayonetta 2 and XC aren't by them). The closest Nintendo's ever gotten is zero suit Samus, who was all pixelated for most of her appearances. And even zero suit Samus is totally clothed except for her head, even if her suit is a bit skin tight http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/thumb/5/59/Zero_Suit_Samus_SSB4... I mean, Link has shown more skin than she has in her respective games http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/MasterofZelda/LinkisSh...

Last I checked Monolith Soft is a Nintendo subsidiary, so XCX is made by Nintendo in technicality. Smash Bros. would fall in the same category, and even that had a third-party assisting most of the development.

And speaking of Bayonetta...

Bayonetta isn't a Nintendo first party game. Nintendo knows that it's its own thing and isn't going to try and put unreasonable limits on that.

And Xenoblade was a four year dev cycle, predating Nintendo's acquisition of the company by at least a year. The artists could have made plenty of the concept art or 3D models of that armor already.

Edited on by Haru17

cookiex

Haru17 wrote:

And Xenoblade was a four year dev cycle, predating Nintendo's acquisition of the company by at least a year. The artists could have made plenty of the concept art or 3D models of that armor already.

I doubt the designs were final three years out. Nintendo had plenty of time to demand changes if they had any objections to the content.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Haru17

cookiex wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I doubt the designs were final three years out. Nintendo had plenty of time to demand changes if they had any objections to the content.

The art is among the first work to be done on a game, after all, you can't place assets and NPCs very well without seeing them. My point was that if these skimpy armor designs were part of the project initially Nintendo might not have been keen to change them, either to engender good will with their new, perhaps unwilling, employees or simply to not slow the development of the game.

I don't think we can know definitively either way if the boob windows predated Nintendo's ownership of Monolith Soft.

CaviarMeths

Nintendo also co-owns Fatal Frame and gave the thumbs up for Dead or Alive boob physics in FFV.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

crimsoncavalier

Haru17 wrote:

Hair? Stiff as a board. Clothes? Don't move, made of metal. Boobs? Bounce when you talk.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Haru17

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Hair? Stiff as a board. Clothes? Don't move, made of metal. Boobs? Bounce when you talk.

Yuuup, priorities. smh...

Nintendo_Ninja

Apparently those mechs are supposed to change depending on region. I really hope there is mech customization. Plus, we haven't heard much about the vehicles we saw in E3.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

iKhan

Haru17 wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Yep, they are clearly focusing on putting the best assets in their games.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

Anyway, in regards to this game, one thing I'd really love to see is some slight variations in the story based on affinity.

I can't really praise Tales of Symphonia enough, but that was one of the coolest elements. You got some really touching moments between Lloyd and the other characters. I particularly love the Genis scenes.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

iKhan wrote:

Anyway, in regards to this game, one thing I'd really love to see is some slight variations in the story based on affinity.

I can't really praise Tales of Symphonia enough, but that was one of the coolest elements. You got some really touching moments between Lloyd and the other characters. I particularly love the Genis scenes.

Is Symphonia a GameCube game? Back when Tales series weren't tied to Sony... Well, we did get a Tales game for 3DS. But that's obviously over

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

iKhan wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Yep, they are clearly focusing on putting the best assets in their games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

Blast wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Is Symphonia a GameCube game? Back when Tales series weren't tied to Sony... Well, we did get a Tales game for 3DS. But that's obviously over

They still really aren't that closely tied with Sony. If you think about it, what other platform would Xillia or Zestiria launch for? The Wii and 3DS wouldn't be able to handle them, and the 360 was where JRPGs went to die. They had no experience with the Wii U at all, so that wouldn't make sense either.

That said, the Japan audience prefers Sony consoles and the western audience prefers non-Sony consoles, so Bandai-Namco has to make some tough choices sometimes.

RoomB31

The game is looking great, and... I'm looking forward to the online capabilities, if limited.

Mr. B
https://roomb31.etsy.com

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

Blast wrote:

iKhan wrote:

They still really aren't that closely tied with Sony. If you think about it, what other platform would Xillia or Zestiria launch for? The Wii and 3DS wouldn't be able to handle them, and the 360 was where JRPGs went to die. They had no experience with the Wii U at all, so that wouldn't make sense either.

That said, the Japan audience prefers Sony consoles and the western audience prefers non-Sony consoles, so Bandai-Namco has to make some tough choices sometimes.

Let's be honest, Tales games aren't technical marvels. I'm pretty sure they could port Zesteria to Wii U or even Wii if they put the requisite amount of effort into it.

But that whole dynamic is the reason why the prospect of buying and Xbox 1 over the PS4 I bought is such a joke to me. Sure, Microsoft has a comparable amount of western exclusives, but when it comes to JRPGs and lesser known Japanese games they're practically all Playstation exclusive (unless you're final fantasy or metal gear solid). Why would I want to limit the worldliness of my primary game machine? Anyway...

NinjaWaddleDee

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Cindey is no better or worse than any other Nomura design. He's the Rob Liefeld of video games.

Edit: No, I take that back. His designs are pretty bad, but at least Nomura knows how to draw.

Can you imagine the uproar that would happen when Nintendo inevitably offers a female Link option and female Link has her boobs all out?

Here's the thing though, I bet female link wouldn't have any boobs shown at all, because Nintendo knows better than to treat their main character like that.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Blast wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Let's be honest, Tales games aren't technical marvels. I'm pretty sure they could port Zesteria to Wii U or even Wii if they put the requisite amount of effort into it.

But that whole dynamic is the reason why the prospect of buying and Xbox 1 over the PS4 I bought is such a joke to me. Sure, Microsoft has a comparable amount of western exclusives, but when it comes to JRPGs and lesser known Japanese games they're practically all Playstation exclusive (unless you're final fantasy or metal gear solid). Why would I want to limit the worldliness of my primary game machine? Anyway...

Sony is so lucky to have consistent and extremely loyal Japanese support. Gawd, why didn't Nintendo try to snatch them away with the Wii U... The PS4 is incredibly Western yet its getting its Japanese love. Wii U drops quality first party games and Japanese gamers usually don't care unless its Mario Kart. Its such a bizarre situation. So bizarre and sad. I was hoping the Wii U would be a JRPG haven and Nintendo exclusive home but its not.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic