Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 4,371

Blast

That's why I'm so afraid to even look at Japanese sales for Nintendo. They rather ignore Bayonetta 2 yet buy GTA V and Far Cry 4 and other super Western games. They rather ignore Donkey Kong: TF, Kirby, and so many quality Wii U games... for other Western games. They can like what they want and that's fine. But I am in no rush to see XCX sales for Japan when it releases. Its truly up to everyone else to support that game. I just hope I'm wrong and many Japanese gamers actually support XCX but I highly doubt it.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

iKhan

Haru17 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Blast wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Anyway, in regards to this game, one thing I'd really love to see is some slight variations in the story based on affinity.

I can't really praise Tales of Symphonia enough, but that was one of the coolest elements. You got some really touching moments between Lloyd and the other characters. I particularly love the Genis scenes.

Is Symphonia a GameCube game? Back when Tales series weren't tied to Sony... Well, we did get a Tales game for 3DS. But that's obviously over

They still really aren't that closely tied with Sony. If you think about it, what other platform would Xillia or Zestiria launch for? The Wii and 3DS wouldn't be able to handle them, and the 360 was where JRPGs went to die. They had no experience with the Wii U at all, so that wouldn't make sense either.

That said, the Japan audience prefers Sony consoles and the western audience prefers non-Sony consoles, so Bandai-Namco has to make some tough choices sometimes.

Let's be honest, Tales games aren't technical marvels. I'm pretty sure they could port Zesteria to Wii U or even Wii if they put the requisite amount of effort into it.

But that whole dynamic is the reason why the prospect of buying and Xbox 1 over the PS4 I bought is such a joke to me. Sure, Microsoft has a comparable amount of western exclusives, but when it comes to JRPGs and lesser known Japanese games they're practically all Playstation exclusive (unless you're final fantasy or metal gear solid). Why would I want to limit the worldliness of my primary game machine? Anyway...

But WHY aren't Tales games technical marvels? Because of small budgets. They rarely break 1M sales worldwide. So the cost of porting a game to a different platform is significant. Else don't you think more games in the series would be multiplat? The Tales series is a perfect example of acceptable exclusivity due to budget restrictions (unlike what Titanfall or Tomb Raider are, with lots of cash involved)

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

It also doesn't exactly help that there ARE Wii U owners who just aren't interested in XCX and that's fine... to an extent. Sometimes I wish the Nintendo fan base was like how the current PS4 fan base is. Buy. The. Exclusives. PS4's Order: 1886 will prolly get horrible reviews (I hope it doesn't) but I just know the sales for it will be super high. I just want quality games like XCX to sell very well...

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Blast wrote:

I was hoping the Wii U would be a JRPG haven and Nintendo exclusive home but its not.

Not to be a jerk, because I would love to see that as a true situation, but what in the world would make you think the Wii U would've been a JRPG haven?

Because the DS had great Japanese support and hopefully Nintendo would've saw that as a golden moment to use that support for Wii U. But... They didn't. Ohhhh I hope with all my heart that Nintendo's next console fixes so many problems.

Master of the Hype Train

iKhan

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Blast wrote:

I was hoping the Wii U would be a JRPG haven and Nintendo exclusive home but its not.

Not to be a jerk, because I would love to see that as a true situation, but what in the world would make you think the Wii U would've been a JRPG haven?

I can't speak for Blast, but the 3DS was already a JRPG haven, and the PS4 was flopping hard initially in Japan. If Nintendo had tried to take advantage of that, they could steal it from Sony. They are more established in Japan than Microsoft, so they would likely have better success with the strategy than Microsoft did last gen.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Blast wrote:

Because the DS had great Japanese support and hopefully Nintendo would've saw that as a golden moment to use that support for Wii U. But... They didn't. Ohhhh I hope with all my heart that Nintendo's next console fixes so many problems.

The DS and the Wiiu are two separate consoles,one sold millions of units,the other is barley selling anything.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

Blast wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Anyway, in regards to this game, one thing I'd really love to see is some slight variations in the story based on affinity.

I can't really praise Tales of Symphonia enough, but that was one of the coolest elements. You got some really touching moments between Lloyd and the other characters. I particularly love the Genis scenes.

Is Symphonia a GameCube game? Back when Tales series weren't tied to Sony... Well, we did get a Tales game for 3DS. But that's obviously over

They still really aren't that closely tied with Sony. If you think about it, what other platform would Xillia or Zestiria launch for? The Wii and 3DS wouldn't be able to handle them, and the 360 was where JRPGs went to die. They had no experience with the Wii U at all, so that wouldn't make sense either.

That said, the Japan audience prefers Sony consoles and the western audience prefers non-Sony consoles, so Bandai-Namco has to make some tough choices sometimes.

Not really a tough decision. Last gen, Bamco released an original Tales title each on 360, PS3, and Wii, and that made it pretty damn clear where the audience for Tales games is. Hint: It's the console that got ports of both of the other two games, and also a sequel, a remastered collection, and another original game.

And Playstation is bigger in the west too. Xbox 360 was the clear winner in USA/UK last gen, but I'm not sure that there's a single market in the world right now where XBO is beating PS4. China?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

I just bet Sony feels like they hit the jackpot with the PS4. An incredibly Western console with a very loyal fan base that will buy any PS4 exclusive AND PS4 is getting Japanese love from various games and companies. Kojima loves PS4, Atlus loves PS4, Namco loves PS4, Square Enix loves PS4, and the list runs on. I hope the PS4 makes Nintendo extremely jealous and determined to fight back with the next console because we can't do this "bad Western support with barely any Japanese support" situation again like the Wii U is going through.

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Blast wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Let's be honest, Tales games aren't technical marvels. I'm pretty sure they could port Zesteria to Wii U or even Wii if they put the requisite amount of effort into it.

But that whole dynamic is the reason why the prospect of buying and Xbox 1 over the PS4 I bought is such a joke to me. Sure, Microsoft has a comparable amount of western exclusives, but when it comes to JRPGs and lesser known Japanese games they're practically all Playstation exclusive (unless you're final fantasy or metal gear solid). Why would I want to limit the worldliness of my primary game machine? Anyway...

But WHY aren't Tales games technical marvels? Because of small budgets. They rarely break 1M sales worldwide. So the cost of porting a game to a different platform is significant. Else don't you think more games in the series would be multiplat? The Tales series is a perfect example of acceptable exclusivity due to budget restrictions (unlike what Titanfall or Tomb Raider are, with lots of cash involved)

I didn't say they should or even that Wii U a port would be profitable, only that they could do it if they wanted.

Also, what makes the PS4 a 'western' console. Because the bigger western development scene has released far more games than Japanese developers? To a certain degree that's the choice of Japanese developers. The devs of Persona 5, FF15, Bloodborne, MGSV, Zesteria, etc have obviously held off until 2015 or later to reap the sales benefits of a larger install base. Outside of the 'western' console development scene growing larger than the Japanese one the dearth of Japanese AAA games on next gen is somewhat the fault of those Japanese developers de-prioritizing console development for mobile and smart phone games.

Just look at Capcom with Monster Hunter 4 being 3DS exclusive (which will still be good) and Sega making Sonic-smart-phone (which won't).

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

ricklongo

Blast wrote:

That's why I'm so afraid to even look at Japanese sales for Nintendo. They rather ignore Bayonetta 2 yet buy GTA V and Far Cry 4 and other super Western games. They rather ignore Donkey Kong: TF, Kirby, and so many quality Wii U games... for other Western games. They can like what they want and that's fine. But I am in no rush to see XCX sales for Japan when it releases. Its truly up to everyone else to support that game. I just hope I'm wrong and many Japanese gamers actually support XCX but I highly doubt it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Far Cry sell about as much as Bayonetta 2 did in Japan? And GTA V wasn't nearly as big a success there as it was in the West.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

MsJubilee

triforcepower73 wrote:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/26601/article/xenoblade-ch...
Quite a bit of new info released. Shows a lot more of the character creation(you can even adjust the size of your female's breasts) and some more of NLA
Also a new song was put up. It's the pretty vocal one from the opening of the E3 2014 trailer.

You can adjust your female characters breast?Oh that can only end well.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TuVictus

Those pictures of the different environments look so amazing. I can't wait to hear the music that accompanies them. As for the breast customization, I hope this game doesn't become a dumb controversy because of it. Though I suppose more publicity could be a good thing.

TuVictus

Blast

triforcepower73 wrote:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/26601/article/xenoblade-ch...
Quite a bit of new info released. Shows a lot more of the character creation(you can even adjust the size of your female's breasts) and some more of NLA
Also a new song was put up. It's the pretty vocal one from the opening of the E3 2014 trailer.

drools

Master of the Hype Train

Jaz007

I've seen character creators include options like that before. I mean, unless I'm missing something and there are an unusal amount of options for it, I'm not really sure I see the problem. It does affect how a character looks, and if a generator has enough options it seems like a natural inclusion. And if you've payed attention to my previous posts, you know I hate sexual things.

Jaz007

iKhan

Meh, I'm mostly indifferent.

By the way, what is everyone's thoughts on this game having way more vocal tracks than XC? I'm personally a bit worried. Not all vocal tracks work well when they dominate the soundtrack, and I just don't like them in general when there are discernible words. I liked how XC saved them for the end, and they were mostly indiscernible chants. Pandora's Tower had a bit more, but I thought they matched the game's gothic tone really well, and again the words weren't discernible.

triforcepower73

iKhan wrote:

Meh, I'm mostly indifferent.

By the way, what is everyone's thoughts on this game having way more vocal tracks than XC? I'm personally a bit worried. Not all vocal tracks work well when they dominate the soundtrack, and I just don't like them in general when there are discernible words. I liked how XC saved them for the end, and they were mostly indiscernible chants. Pandora's Tower had a bit more, but I thought they matched the game's gothic tone really well, and again the words weren't discernible.

I think people are being ridiculous for thinking that the game will mostly have vocal tracks. When they did the presentation, there were a bunch of vocal tracks, but that made sense because the week before that, Takahashi said there would be a greater number of vocal tracks compared to the typical RPG. Of course he would want to showcase what he said in his statement. But I'm 100% certain that they won't have vocal tracks for things that require a loop like overworld music and such. It'll be mostly instrumentals and then a handful of songs for special occasions.

There are 90 songs in the game. If I were to make a guess, I would say maybe 7 or 8 will be vocal songs with lyrics and the rest will be instrumentals. They'll probably use those sparingly like with Engage the Enemy. When I heard they would have more vocal songs, I immediately thought "Oh it'll be like a number of different songs that they'll rotate around and use for the dramatic moments like Engage the Enemy was used."

Oh and one more thing. One of the songs used in the presentation wasn't even composed for this game, but was from an album released back in 2009(before XC even came out in Japan) by Sawano called Musica. I think this shows they really want to save a lot of the heavy hitter tracks for when people play the game. After all, you wouldn't want this game's equivalents for all the Gaur Plain's and Satorl Marsh's and You Will Know Our Names's to be toted out first. It's better to experience it first from actually playing the game. That's why, when people start uploading the entire soundtrack, I'm going to try my best to stay away from listening to them.

Edited on by triforcepower73

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

kkslider5552000

I'm honestly more worried that they aren't increasing the quantity of music. I love Xenoblade's soundtrack but I can only listen to the same songs so many times y'know.

That was easily my biggest problem with Radiant Historia. There was an average of like 1 song per hour spent on the game, which is not ideal at all. I tend to believe in quality over quantity but it can get to a point that the lack of quantity actually hurts the quality.

I would honestly pay money for post-release music tbh. Maybe like alternate songs for battle and major areas.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryno

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I would honestly pay money for post-release music tbh. Maybe like alternate songs for battle and major areas.

I would buy that type of DLC.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

triforcepower73

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm honestly more worried that they aren't increasing the quantity of music. I love Xenoblade's soundtrack but I can only listen to the same songs so many times y'know.

That was easily my biggest problem with Radiant Historia. There was an average of like 1 song per hour spent on the game, which is not ideal at all. I tend to believe in quality over quantity but it can get to a point that the lack of quantity actually hurts the quality.

That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure how I would feel about DLC music. But as long as we got a good number of quality tracks in the original game, I think I would be fine with that. Actually I would probably like that.

Edited on by triforcepower73

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic