Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 4,371

McGruber

This is my most anticipated Wii U game besides Zelda. I'm gonna hunt down a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii tomorrow, as only 1 Gamestop in my area has a copy left, and Gamestop actually has the cheapest price on the game. I'd guess the price is going to skyrocket as soon as X is released.

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

iKhan

SpookyMeths wrote:

Hey guys, remember that JRPG with a great story?

Yeah, Pandora's Tower had an awesome story.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

SpookyMeths wrote:

Lol, ya, me neither.

Neir and Lost Odyessy were pretty dope games..

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

iKhan wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

To be fair, Xenoblade wasn't story focused to begin with...

lolwut? It's a JRPG

From my understanding, previous Xeno games had such a ridiculous amount of effort focused on the story that this like a downgrade of going from Skyward Sword to LTTP. At least in terms of the percentage of the game focused on it. On a new game Plus playthrough you could probably go through the story in like 10-15 hours, for a game with 140 hours of content.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MsJubilee

DiscoGentleman wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Lol, ya, me neither.

Is this a troll post?
Because it sounds like a troll post.

Me thinks it is

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TheLilK98

kkslider5552000 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

lolwut? It's a JRPG

From my understanding, previous Xeno games had such a ridiculous amount of effort focused on the story that this like a downgrade of going from Skyward Sword to LTTP. At least in terms of the percentage of the game focused on it. On a new game Plus playthrough you could probably go through the story in like 10-15 hours, for a game with 140 hours of content.

Pretty much. Xenogears had moments where I had to seriously think about the meaning behind what a character just said, and Xenosaga was like 80% story and 20% gameplay.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

TheLilK98

DiscoGentleman wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

lolwut? It's a JRPG

Pretty much. Xenogears had moments where I had to seriously think about the meaning behind what a character just said, and Xenosaga was like 80% story and 20% gameplay.

Okay, I can understand that from a point of view of comparison, but that should not downplay that Xenoblade's story was quite substantial, with some good characters.

Man, I am just so pumped for X. Like, ridiculously so.

No doubt, I actually agree with you. I guess the point I was trying to make was that Xenoblade wasn't supposed to be the epitome of storytelling. Anyway, Same here. I'm actually glad that it got delayed, everything got drastically upgraded. I saw a video where they did a comparison of the BLADE tower from last year's e3 and the one from the last Direct. I think it was the last analysis gamexplain did.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

TheLilK98

DiscoGentleman wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Okay, I can understand that from a point of view of comparison, but that should not downplay that Xenoblade's story was quite substantial, with some good characters.

Man, I am just so pumped for X. Like, ridiculously so.

No doubt, I actually agree with you. I guess the point I was trying to make was that Xenoblade wasn't supposed to be the epitome of storytelling. Anyway, Same here. I'm actually glad that it got delayed, everything got drastically upgraded. I saw a video where they did a comparison of the BLADE tower from last year's e3 and the one from the last Direct. I think it was the last analysis gamexplain did.

Oh yeah, I saw that video, too. It was with that Churnaggumungah dude or w/e his name is, right? Game looks so damn good.

Yep, they kinda need Chuggaconroy whenever they talk about it since they don't know much about xenoblade.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Blast

This game looks amazing
.. But a part of me still wishes it had Final Fantasy XV's graphics. XCX is my most anticipated game but I can't help but look at FF XV and admire how crisp and pretty it is.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Spoony_Tech

Blast wrote:

This game looks amazing
.. But a part of me still wishes it had Final Fantasy XV's graphics. XCX is my most anticipated game but I can't help but look at FF XV and admire how crisp and pretty it is.

All flash and no substance =............

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

This game looks amazing

Maybe, but this one looks like it might actually be a good game.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

MsJubilee

SpookyMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

This game looks amazing

Maybe, but this one looks like it might actually be a good game.

Nah really?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

IceClimbers

Thing with Xenoblade Chronicles X is that they have a large amount of talent working on the game, as Takahashi has shown on his Twitter. There's Takahashi and the rest of Monolith Soft, which is already a mix of extremely talented developers, as well as a bunch of other talented people who worked on other games and anime. I'm not sure Final Fantasy XV has that much talent behind it.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

iKhan

IceClimbers wrote:

Thing with Xenoblade Chronicles X is that they have a large amount of talent working on the game, as Takahashi has shown on his Twitter. There's Takahashi and the rest of Monolith Soft, which is already a mix of extremely talented developers, as well as a bunch of other talented people who worked on other games and anime. I'm not sure Final Fantasy XV has that much talent behind it.

Tetsuya Nomura

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

Oh come on. FF XV looks good. XCX is my most anticipated game and I already love it. I just look at FF XV and it looks so crisp and fun to me. When I saw Noctis walking in that town, I sort've wished Cross could walk in crisp graphics. XCX looks good. I'm not saying its ugly. I just wish it had more crisp.

Master of the Hype Train

iKhan

Blast wrote:

Oh come on. FF XV looks good. XCX is my most anticipated game and I already love it. I just look at FF XV and it looks so crisp and fun to me. When I saw Noctis walking in that town, I sort've wished Cross could walk in crisp graphics. XCX looks good. I'm not saying its ugly. I just wish it had more crisp.

XCX is crisp (no jaggies or pixelated areas), it's just more detailed with higher poly models. I'd probably be more excited for FF XV if I kept up with the FF series.

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

Tetsuya Nomura

Exactly what worries me. He's not as bad as Motomu Toriyama, but next to, and his designs are awful.

What would absolutely make me die of excitement would be Final Fantasy XVI:
Produced/supervised by Hironobu Sakaguchi (Final Fantasy I-IX, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, The Last Story)
Directed by Hiroyuki Ito (Final Fantasy VI, IX, XII)
Art by Akihiko Yoshida (Final Fantasy XII, Tactics, Ogre Battle) or Yoshitaka Amano (Final Fantasy I-VI)
Music by Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy I-X) or Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross)

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

I know we all discussed this before but if Cross doesn't speak in cutscenes.... Wait, is Cross like Robin from FE:A? Voiceless in cutscenes but still there? Ugh... So awkward...

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

SpookyMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Tetsuya Nomura

Exactly what worries me. He's not as bad as Motomu Toriyama, but next too, and his designs are difficult to look at without gagging.

Nomura is a great artist, in my opinion. I would love to see him draw Link and Samus.

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic