Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 4,371

iKhan

SpookyMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Tetsuya Nomura

Exactly what worries me. He's not as bad as Motomu Toriyama, but next too, and his designs are awful.

What would absolutely make me die of excitement would be Final Fantasy XVI:
Produced/supervised by Hironobu Sakaguchi (Final Fantasy I-IX, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, The Last Story)
Directed by Hiroyuki Ito (Final Fantasy VI, IX, XII)
Art by Akihiko Yoshida (Final Fantasy XII, Tactics, Ogre Battle) or Yoshitaka Amano (Final Fantasy I-VI)
Music by Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy I-X) or Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross)

But as a developer, he did make Kingdom Hearts.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

iKhan wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Tetsuya Nomura

Exactly what worries me. He's not as bad as Motomu Toriyama, but next too, and his designs are awful.

What would absolutely make me die of excitement would be Final Fantasy XVI:
Produced/supervised by Hironobu Sakaguchi (Final Fantasy I-IX, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, The Last Story)
Directed by Hiroyuki Ito (Final Fantasy VI, IX, XII)
Art by Akihiko Yoshida (Final Fantasy XII, Tactics, Ogre Battle) or Yoshitaka Amano (Final Fantasy I-VI)
Music by Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy I-X) or Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross)

But as a developer, he did make Kingdom Hearts.

Ohmygawd... I wish KH3 was come to Wii U.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

I had been hoping for years to play a proper KH game (I only ever played the GBA one) but I think my enthusiasm died for it a bit as soon as I started looking at anything involving the original characters talking. I have a good stomach for cheesy JRPG anime tropes and even I felt embarrassed and annoyed by the trailers I've seen. It was basically Kid Icarus Uprising played entirely straight.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I had been hoping for years to play a proper KH game (I only ever played the GBA one) but I think my enthusiasm died for it a bit as soon as I started looking at anything involving the original characters talking. I have a good stomach for cheesy JRPG anime tropes and even I felt embarrassed and annoyed by the trailers I've seen. It was basically Kid Icarus Uprising played entirely straight.

They play just fine though, which tells me that Nomura is a pretty decent director.

But yeah, that writing. It's ultimate cringe. Written by Kazushige Nojima, the same guy who wrote Final Fantasy VIII, X-2, and... XV...

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

There's various cheap Kingdom Hearts games... some even on Nintendo handhelds. The dialogue is cheesy but the gameplay is so good.

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

There's various cheap Kingdom Hearts games... some even on Nintendo handhelds. The dialogue is cheesy but the gameplay is so good.

The writing is what we should be worried about for FFXV though. It's the same writer, and he also wrote VIII and X-2 by himself. Going by his past work, he's a very weak writer. That can be a killer for a game like Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy XV, while I don't want to just completely write it off, is most likely going to have a cool battle system, but a story I will hate staring characters that I don't connect with and designs that belong in a middle schooler's notebook, not a grown man's professional portfolio.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

SpookyMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

The writing is what we should be worried about for FFXV though. It's the same writer, and he also wrote VIII and X-2 by himself. Going by his past work, he's a very weak writer. That can be a killer for a game like Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy XV, while I don't want to just completely write it off, is most likely going to have a cool battle system, but a story I will hate staring characters that I don't connect with and designs that belong in a middle schooler's notebook, not a grown man's professional portfolio.

Do you not like the designs for FF XV? I think they're great. The writing in FF XV might be goofy but what JRPG isn't goody at times? Kingdom Hearts is a loved and praised series. FF XV will hopefully be even better. I seriously love the combat in FF XV and how everything looks. The cutscenes made my jaw drop and it made me wonder if Nintendo would ever do something similar to it in the future. XCX is gonna be amazing. We all know that

Master of the Hype Train

triforcepower73

Ok can someone explain why there are so many people that want Shulk in this? I mean I love Shulk as much as the next gamer. He was a good protagonist. But seriously, I see literally hundreds of comments on XCX-related videos, articles, etc. with people getting mad at the fact Shulk isn't back. They're acting like Bieber fangirls about it.

I read things like, "I came for Shulk. There was no Shulk " and people constantly asking if Shulk is in it. I even see people questioning whether this game will be good because Shulk isn't in it. SHULK WASN'T THE REASON XENOBLADE CHRONICLES WAS GOOD. He was one of the reasons but not the only reason. It just gets annoying seeing people who are apparently XC fans hating this game because they love Shulk sooooo much. And also seeing them so misinformed, not knowing a dang thing about XCX. I would think that any fan of the original would love this spiritual successor and follow the news about it at least a little bit.

Edited on by triforcepower73

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Sleepingmudkip

shulk was over rated.....lets bring back sharla because she was the best character in my opinion(Im kidding about bringing her back)

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

iKhan

triforcepower73 wrote:

Ok can someone explain why there are so many people that want Shulk in this? I mean I love Shulk as much as the next gamer. He was a good protagonist. But seriously, I see literally hundreds of comments on XCX-related videos, articles, etc. with people getting mad at the fact Shulk isn't back. They're acting like Bieber fangirls about it.

I read things like, "I came for Shulk. There was no Shulk " and people constantly asking if Shulk is in it. I even see people questioning whether this game will be good because Shulk isn't in it. SHULK WASN'T THE REASON XENOBLADE CHRONICLES WAS GOOD. He was one of the reasons but not the only reason. It just gets annoying seeing people who are apparently XC fans hating this game because they love Shulk sooooo much. And also seeing them so misinformed, not knowing a dang thing about XCX. I would think that any fan of the original would love this spiritual successor and follow the news about it at least a little bit.

I wouldn't even say Shulk is a reason XC was good. He was mostly a vehicle for the plot. He was very light on the personality and character.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Storytime7

triforcepower73 wrote:

Probably people who haven't beaten (or even played) Xenoblade Chronicles, or just know very little about what XCX is supposed to be. Shulk would not make XCX a better game, and he wasn't even that great of a character in his own game.

Edited on by Storytime7

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

triforcepower73

I thought he was good but not the most amazing character ever like most people are acting. But yeah @Storytime7 that's a good point. Probably all the recent attention XC has gotten due to SSB4 made all the people who haven't even played the game jump on the Shulk bandwagon.

Ryno

I have been on the Shulk bandwagon ever since I first beheld the power of the Monado!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Spoony_Tech

Ryno wrote:

I have been on the Shulk bandwagon ever since I first beheld the power of the Menudo!

Fixed it for ya.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Blast

People want Shulk back because he was very cool in various scenes but I don't wanna say spoilers. People wanna see a time skip with him just like with Link and other Nintendo characters. I don't think he's necessary for XCX but references will inevitably happen.

Master of the Hype Train

triforcepower73

I think making a character in a game like XC will be cooler than having a set protagonist. Needless to say, there are pros and cons to both sides. A created character feels like your own person that you've invested time into building but isn't as well-suited to carry a strong plot as a character with a voice and personality.

Blast

triforcepower73 wrote:

I think making a character in a game like XC will be cooler than having a set protagonist. Needless to say, there are pros and cons to both sides. A created character feels like your own person that you've invested time into building but isn't as well-suited to carry a strong plot as a character with a voice and personality.

The real sad thing about XCX that the chance of Cross aka the created character will be voiceless in cut scenes and will be just standing there like a total moron while drama unfolds. That's what I'm sad about. Unless Monolith surprises us with Cross being like Shepard from Mass Effect.... Cross is already doomed. Go back and try to see the little moments where Cross is in cut scenes of trailers. He's just standing there like a moron. Nearly flawless game has a flaw. I can hear the complaints now...

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

A Silent protag will work since, cross is just going to surrounded by the events going on around him.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

A Silent protag will work since, cross is just going to surrounded by the events going on around him.

Uhhhh... No. I don't like that at all. A silent protagonist in a heavy drama like this game is just wrong, in my opinion.

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Uhhhh... No. I don't like that at all. A silent protagonist in a heavy drama like this game is just wrong, in my opinion.

Skyrim gets fine with, we still don't know if the game has dialogue trees like other RPGS. Even having with the story being epic your character probably won't be central to the story.

But we still haven't seen much gameplay aside from the initial treehouse footage.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic