Forums

Topic: Wii U very very problematic - Error 102-2128

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

cloudcamaleoniv

So, the day before yesterday, I've bought Unepic and played the hell out of it (my Wii U connection was working just fine)

Yesterday I turned my Wii U on, selected my mii profile and voilá! The screen with "checking whether online services are available" came in and about 1 minute later. (yes, 1 minute waiting) I've got a 102-2128 Error, which many websites describe as a "Connection Timed Out" error. (among other descriptions).

So I went to the System Settings to change the Connection Settings. The System Settings screen took about FOUR MINUTES to load. (WTF?)

Okay, I'm inside, so I've tried a connection test - which... PASSED? Ok, this is weird. Back to the plaza. So I noticed that the plaza is not connected to the internet either, because all I get are Nintendo messages and tips on how to use the Wii U (like it is not connected).

So, this is the basic problem - My connection test is passing, but the Wii U is not connecting nevertheless.

The rest of this text is going to contain things that I already tried to fix, and other weird problems that arise from it.

1. Can't connect to the eshop (of course not), but the thing is - It takes about FOUR MINUTES waiting for the error message to appear. Like I said, it appears to be a timeout problem. Other online services (miiverse, friends list) are very similar, about 4 minutes waiting for the error to appear.

2. Some screens (that does not require a constant connection), like System Settings and the Home Screen take about 4 minutes to load too, but unlike the others, no error message appears, and the screen shows.

3. One of the most important things - When I DEACTIVATE ALL of the Connection Settings, everything works just fine - The loadings are normal (3~10 seconds), all the apps loads fast and the ONLINE apps detect almost immediately (without having to wait those 4 minutes) that the Wii U is not connected (of course). Which reinforces my theory that the connection is being timed out when an active connection is set.

4. Now the most WEIRD thing. When I turn my Wii U off with a Connection Setting activated, the ORANGE light turns on and about 4 minutes later, it turns off. And when I try to turn on my Wii U, no display is transmitted to the TV neither to the gamepad. The TV stays black, the Wii U is clearly on (blue light) and the gamepad is showing a message "Could not connect to Wii U. Approach the gamepad to the console" (something like that). It does not matter how many times I turn my Wii U off and on. The same events occur. The only way to make the display work again is by taking off the power cable from the outlet, waiting about 10 seconds and putting it back). So the Wii U goes on, the display is being DISPLAYED and the gamepad is working. But the connection problems are still there.

5. I've already tried the static IP thing - no luck

6. I've tried the DMZ thing - nope

7. Restarted the router and the Wii U - nope

8. Tried to FORMAT my Wii U - It requires an active connection to do that, so it didn't work either.

My Wii U is with the latest update installed (4.0.2U) and it is about 10 months old.

Oh, one more thing - I can't take it to the repair because I'm not living in USA anymore, and we don't have official nintendo store here. I could always take to someone else to repair, but since it is risky, this is my last plan.

So, I'm desperate, I'll try anything you guys say. So please share any idea.

Thanks a lot. Bye.

Edited on by cloudcamaleoniv

cloudcamaleoniv

steamhare

Have you tried moving your Wii U in relation to your router? All sorts of things can cause signal interference, so it's worth checking, surely.

steamhare

cloudcamaleoniv

Oh, thanks for the fast reply. But yes, the Wii U and the router are physically next one to another. In fact at the same table. They were a room apart before, and now the're close together (for these tests), the distance didn't seem to change the problems, though

For the notice - other equipment are connecting/working just fine, like the 3DS and the notebook.

cloudcamaleoniv

SCRAPPER392

Update your router and keep the settings simple. This means no DMZ, port forwarding, etc..

If that doesn't fix it, THEN try port forwarding, DMZ, etc. Those router "enhancement" settings are last resort. Keeping your router updated is the most important thing you can do to ensure your internet will work the best it can.

The Mii Plaza will always be "blank" when you first connect to the internet, so don't worry about that, when you come out of the settings menu.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

cloudcamaleoniv

Ok, new info:

I can connect to the internet via wii u web browser, it opens fast and without any delays. Apparently it only delays when trying to connect with Nintendo servers.

What do you guys think?

cloudcamaleoniv

SCRAPPER392

cloudcamaleoniv wrote:

Ok, new info:

I can connect to the internet via wii u web browser, it opens fast and without any delays. Apparently it only delays when trying to connect with Nintendo servers.

What do you guys think?

Do you currently have DMZ or port forwarding settings in effect?

Qwest

cloudcamaleoniv

SCAR392 wrote:

Do you currently have DMZ or port forwarding settings in effect?

No, when this problem started, there was no DMZ, I tried activating it, but nothing changed (I still could access the browser, but not the nintendo services (friend list, plaza, miiverse, etc), so I deactivated it again. Now the Dmz is unabled.

I dont know which ports Wii U uses, so I didn't do any kind of port forwarding. And the port forwarding options in my router are now completely blank. I deleted all of them (the ports to play Terraria and Starbound)

cloudcamaleoniv

MikeLove

I don't know if it was the same error code, but probably 5-8 times since owning my Wii-U, it has lost the internet connection due to nothing I have done. One day it will work fine, then a couple days later I turn it on again an all of a sudden its not connecting to the router/internet for some unknown reason, even though nothing has changed since the last time I used it.

After this has happend, I've tried messing around with settings to no avail, then just end up turning it off. Then, without fail, when I turn it on again a couple days later it magically reconnects to the internet and all is well.

I have no idea whats going on with your console, but maybe just give it a day or two and then try it again and see if it just starts working again?

MikeLove

Tritonus

I'm starting to think it's a Nintendo server side issue. I get error messages all the time and I know for a fact it has nothing to do with my internet.. All other devices work just fine.

Infinite Crisis (DC Comics MOBA) Beta Invite:

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/en/account/registration?utm_source=86b226d9-cf09-e311-a320-bc305b234d58&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=IC_RAF

DELETE_ACCOUNT

I also believe the message is caused by issues on Nintendo's side, although I am always displeased with my Wii U's and Wii's poor wireless capabilities. I now have my Wii U right beside my wireless router. I get this message from time to time, while everything else works.

DELETE_ACCOUNT

SCRAPPER392

Did you update your router? How old is your router?

Qwest

cloudcamaleoniv

Wow, lots of replies, thanks.

JohnRedcorn
So, this problem started Saturday, and nothing has changed since that (sad) day. Eventually, if nothing works, I'm going to wait, I'm just a little desperate, that's all.

Tritonus and Samurairu
Yes, I'm hoping that this is just a Wii U server side issue.

SCAR392
My router is updated with its last version. It is a new router, about 5 months old.

Also, I've got new info:

The Wii emulation is working. Inside it, I can go to the Wii Shop Channel, and guess what? It is working too! I can browse the games just fine (Almost bought La Mulana now).

So, to summarize, the Wii U browser is working and I can connect to the Nintendo Wii servers. It seems that it is just not connecting to the Wii U servers, every Wii U Online Nintendo App is getting an error message.

cloudcamaleoniv

SCRAPPER392

@cloubcamaleoniv
I see... I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, then. The only other suggestion I could have is updating your Wii U, or giving it some time, before calling Nintendo for help.

EDIT: Did these features happen to start working by themselves? It's a long-shot, but if things start working by themselves, waiting to see if things improve may not be out of the question, although I've never heard of something like that happening.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

cloudcamaleoniv

SCAR392
So, I'm trying almost nonstop since Saturday morning, click eshop here, miiverse there, change settings, update router, test eshop again, and so on. And they haven't worked. Not once =(

Waiting for a new update to arrive would be nice, but if it can't connect to the internet, I can't receive the update. In System Settings, the Update menu can't even find out if my Wii U is updated or not.

But I'm starting to think that this is really the best course of action - Wait to see if it gets better eventually. In a week, if it stays the same, I'm getting it to repair. Thanks man.

If anybody have another sugestion, please don't hesitate to post, I'll try anything. Bye.

cloudcamaleoniv

SCRAPPER392

You could try a LAN adaptor. It will let you hook up the Wii U to an ethernet connection, via USB, but it might not fix you issue, and costs around $10 or so. It might be worth a try if your router is very close.

http://www.tmart.com/Wii-LAN-Adapter-Rocketfish-High-Speed-In...

EDIT: Also, maybe you can see if your router has a device limit. If you have 4 or more devices hooked up at the same time, that might be a factor.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

R_Champ

Did you ever try calling Nintendo? Even if you're not in the US anymore they can still give you technical support if it's a toll free line. Did the problems start after you left your home region? Nintendo's whole limited-service-in-certain-regions could be a problem too.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

cloudcamaleoniv

Just for you guys to know. Everything is working fine again. I posted the same question in many forums around the world, and I got almost 30 suggestions, none of them worked.

Hopefully, one guy suggested to change the MTU configuration value to 576, and it worked! If this forum usually closes topics, this one can be closed now.

Thanks everybody who helped. Bye.

cloudcamaleoniv

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.