Forums

Topic: Wii U: Competition with Xbox 360?

Posts 21 to 40 of 90

Drobotic

Some more little competition could be the PC.There's amazing and addictive games such as Minecraft and TF2 on the PC.If Nintendo can get Minecraft and TF2 on the Wii U,then I will love Nintendo forever.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

zezhyrule

CosmicMii wrote:

pretty much it is this...

PSVita vs 3DS
XBOX 360 vs Wii U (for now, then it will be the 720)

PS3 got left behind

Are you judging this buy good games? Because there are a hell of a lot more awesome exclusives on the PS3 compared to the 360 (that I'd want to play... of course) and uh... Wii U, obviously. But whatever, you continue playing around in your little world of Sony bashing.
if you're talking graphics, it's far been established that the PS3 is better in that regard, if by a marginal amount

turtlelink wrote:

Yes, the Wii U is competing against a 7 year old system.

I love this man. Er, turtle.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Drobotic

CosmicMii wrote:

PS3 got left behind

The only reason I consider getting a PS3 is because my dad's been looking around for a Blu-Ray player.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

The_Fox

Oh hey, look at the console war nonsense going on in this thread. That's what we need more of.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

HaastMK7

zezhyrule wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

pretty much it is this...

PSVita vs 3DS
XBOX 360 vs Wii U (for now, then it will be the 720)

PS3 got left behind

Are you judging this buy good games? Because there are a hell of a lot more awesome exclusives on the PS3 compared to the 360 (that I'd want to play... of course) and uh... Wii U, obviously. But whatever, you continue playing around in your little world of Sony bashing.
if you're talking graphics, it's far been established that the PS3 is better in that regard, if by a marginal amount

turtlelink wrote:

Yes, the Wii U is competing against a 7 year old system.

I love this man. Er, turtle.

When you think about it, the 360 was the first console with great online features and had great ideas
then sony came and used those ideas to make a PS3. In which case if i ever bought a PS3, which I highly doubt, i would use it as a DVD player

Edited on by HaastMK7

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

Furealz

That's a joke right? A system older than the Wii wouldn't stand a chance graphically or capability-wise .

Furealz

Nintendo Network ID: Furealz

Reala

Furealz wrote:

That's a joke right? A system older than the Wii wouldn't stand a chance graphically or capability-wise .

It will probably beat it game wise for a while though.

Reala

zezhyrule

CosmicMii wrote:

When you think about it, the 360 was the first console with great online features and had great ideas
then sony came and used those ideas to make a PS3.

Even if that was the case (which it's not), wouldn't you prefer to have a console that took good ideas and refined them?
not to mention the Wii U could be accused of that too... even more so

I would not recommend getting a PS3 just to play DVDs. Actual DVD players are miles cheaper, and then you won't have to be seen owning a PlayStation console. Win/win.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

moomoo

Well, to be fair, a lot of the high quality games coming to the WiiU are/were also 360 games (and PS3/PC games as well). Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3, Batman Arkham City, Call of Duty, Darksiders 2, etc. So in some respects, it could be competing with it since it has a lot of the same games.
However, the people buying the WiiU aren't going to be people deciding between an Xbox and a WiiU. They either already have an Xbox or don't plan on getting one. By the time the people that are most definitely getting a WiiU regardless of what's happenning with it start to deminish, we'll probably have a new Microsoft console. So in the end, I don't really think the WiiU is really competing with anything else, at least not in any major way.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

LolWut

Yeah you guys: a last gen console (360) is trying to compete with a current gen console. TOTALLY

Do I even play?
What's a "gamer" anyway? POKÉMON!

turtlelink

CosmicMii wrote:

then sony came and used those ideas to make a PS3. In which case if i ever bought a PS3, which I highly doubt, i would use it as a DVD player

Going by your logic:
Untitled
This is teh best cause it was the first computer.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

MAB

Untitled

tic-tac-toe using punch cards trumps anything with FPS and big explosions.

MAB

kyuubikid213

Yeah. The Wii U is competing against the PS3. 360, PS4, and 720. It's playing catch up with all of the epic PS360 titles and it should be strong enough to compete against the PS4 and 720's library of multiplatforms.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Discostew

It will compete with them for a little because developers understand the 360 and PS3 better than they do the WiiU. Sure, the WiiU builds on the Wii architecture, but it also brings in new things, like the GPGPU, for instance. These developers already have their game engines up and running on existing platforms, as well as them being optimized after many years of access to the hardware. Those platforms were in the same predicament when they launched when having to deal with the prior generation.

This is the circle of "hardware" life.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Gamesake

Discostew wrote:

This is the circle of "hardware" life.

And it moves us all.

...in my pants.

MrWalkieTalkie

Well the Wii was already a million times better than XBOX 360 so an even more advanced Nintendo console vs an XBOX 360 = absolutely no competition, Wii U wins hands down.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

DarkLloyd

The_Fox wrote:

Oh hey, look at the console war nonsense going on in this thread. That's what we need more of.

lol i know it brings out the fanboy in them

anyways its kind of hard for me to say as an opinion but i guess like some others are saying the wiiu will be put to the test when the other 2 consoles come out

as for me im not rooting for any side to win because im obviously going to get all 3 next gen consoles starting with the wiiu next week WOOOT lol

Edited on by DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd

HaastMK7

BlackFira wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

lol i know it brings out the fanboy in them

anyways its kind of hard for me to say as an opinion but i guess like some others are saying the wiiu will be put to the test when the other 2 consoles come out

as for me im not rooting for any side to win because im obviously going to get all 3 next gen consoles starting with the wiiu next week WOOOT lol

Good on ya mate!

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

Neoproteus

Compete? More like stomp into oblivion. The WiiU has everything the 360 has... plus actual games. Halo is nice and all, but I'll chose Zelda or Metroid over it any day. The only reason I still keep my 360 is because of Halo 4, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Shadow Complex, Hydro Thunder, Risk Factions, Minecraft (my gaming PC is down at the moment), and about 4 seasons of Doctor Who I purchased through the Zune Marketplace (which I could probably access on my PC if I tried...). Notice most of those are old downloadable titles...sad.

The only way I'd purchase a next gen Xbox is if it ran Windows 9 and were compatible with Xbox, 360, and PC games.

On a side note, the PS3 I have has done almost nothing but play Blu-Ray movies and Netflix since I got it, and the only way I'd get a PS4 is if they released another Jak and Daxter game, or a sequel to Legend of Dragoon.

Neoproteus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.