Forums

Topic: Wii U: Competition with Xbox 360?

Posts 41 to 60 of 90

FriedSquid

I wouldn't really say so. The Wii U is not going to be recognized as something that a lot of current Xbox owners should get. It may have some of the same games but that is not going to draw in any gamers that already have them. Any "better" games the Wii U has still probably won't draw in many customers, either. Basically anyone who already has an Xbox either wants the next Xbox and isn't going to feel like they need the Wii U at all. If anything the Xbox should worry about the PS3, not Nintendo at this moment if you ask me.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

GameLord08

Xbox 360: a seventh generation system. Wii U: an eighth generation system.

Totally in competition, bruv.

GameLord08

skywake

People are doing it wrong. What is "the competition" anyway? The fanboy competition or the competition for your gaming dollars? If it's the latter, which is the only competition that matters in the end, then it's also in competition with the Wii. I mean there was a thread earlier where someone was asking whether they'd be better off getting a Wii or a Wii U for their kids. Proof that it's in competition with the Wii.

If you can think of a scenario where someone might say "should I get a Wii U or _____?" then it's in competition with that. It's in competition with PC gaming, the 360, PS3, Wii. Its games are in competition with movies, books, 3DS games, DS games, Vita Games you name it. Currently the primary competition is PS3/360 and when the new consoles come along.... it'll still be in competition with 360/PS3 until they fade into obscurity.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Gamesake

TheFlyingSquid wrote:

The Wii U is not going to be recognized as something that a lot of current Xbox owners should get. It may have some of the same games but that is not going to draw in any gamers that already have them. Any "better" games the Wii U has still probably won't draw in many customers, either.

Don't be too sure about that. Many customers still bought RE4 Wii Edition despite the preexistence of RE4 on the GameCube. It's easy to see a draw to buying Wii U games that are already on the Xbox if developers take the time to improve on them.

If anything the Xbox should worry about the PS3

Sony is the only one who needs to worry about the PS3 right now.

...in my pants.

Hokori

My Sony heart burns for 360

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

HaastMK7

Actually the 360 should be worried about the Wii U.

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

turtlelink

CosmicMii wrote:

Actually the 360 should be worried about the Wii U.

The 360 has been out for years now and has already sold 70 million+ units worldwide. I doubt it is worried about a system it's not even competing against.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

that depends if enough people pretend Halo is still relevent

Well the game is reported to have more players on launch than Halo 3. That and having high profile directers like speilberg, fincher, boloamp would be the oppsite of being irrelvant.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Happy_Mask

Thus far, I've only heard bad things about Halo 4. Probably because people didn't vote because of it.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

skywake

turtlelink wrote:

The 360 has been out for years now and has already sold 70 million+ units worldwide. I doubt it is worried about a system it's not even competing against.

The 360 isn't worried about anything because it's a piece of hardware. Microsoft however might be worried about the Wii U making the 360 less attractive and so will Sony with the PS3. They'll be worried because the Wii U is competing for the same dollar. Not just console sales either, which do still matter to them even this late in the game, but also game sales.

Here's a thought... Assassin's Creed 3 is the first major game to launch on the PS3, 360, PC and Wii U all within a month or so. I think I'd even be right in saying that it's the only one this year. There is no doubt that some of the sales of the PS3/360 versions would have been lost because the Wii U launch was close. It's already competing with both the 360 and PS3 and it's not even out yet.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

steve3110

i cant wait for my wii u on the 30th, but im still keeping my ps3 theres some really awesome games out next year for it,new god of war,last of us,wait till dawn,new uncharted maybe !!!!!!

steve3110

Gamesake

CosmicMii wrote:

PSVita vs 3DS

You're giving Sony way too much credit. The PS Vita is competing with the Eye Toy, the Virtual Boy, and the Atari Jaguar for closet space.

...in my pants.

SirSmugleaf

Well I currently have a 360, so when I get a Wii U soon, we'll see who gets more attention!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

that depends if enough people pretend Halo is still relevent

Well the game is reported to have more players on launch than Halo 3. That and having high profile directers like speilberg, fincher, boloamp would be the oppsite of being irrelvant.

aw that's cute, people still think the Halo movie will actually happen and have a good director behind it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

I never said it happen. I said people are intrested. The movie is a pipe dream at this point due to microsoft not wanting to play ball.

That and Halo 4 global sales were near 220 million in the first 24 hours.

http://majornelson.com/2012/11/12/halo-4-makes-entertainment-...

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

HawkeyeWii

I would never ever buy any Xbox system, or Playstation for that matter, but at least Playstation has a little variety, unlike 360 hahaha. Nintendo is where it's at!!

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

I never said it happen. I said people are intrested. The movie is a pipe dream at this point due to microsoft not wanting to play ball.

That and Halo 4 global sales were near 220 million in the first 24 hours.

http://majornelson.com/2012/11/12/halo-4-makes-entertainment-...

well...crap...I can't say I was honestly expecting that. I mean, maybe the 3 year gap (and no main numbered game since 2007) combined with not being surrounded by FPSs as much this year made a difference. This is kinda like when I heard the MTV VMAs had their biggest ratings ever last year and I'm still confused on how that happened.

Chrono_Cross

IAmNotWill wrote:

Lmao Xbox. The freaking Vita has more games than that thing.

At least we know who has never owned an Xbox 360.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

kkslider5552000

there's almost nothing on my 360 that makes me NOT regret not getting a PS3 instead tbh.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.