Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U and the state of the industry

Showing 81 to 100 of 174

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

81. Posted:

Yeah guys, ignore him, you guys should try what I do and not respond when you know your right

I don't need to say anything here :)

Wow. You really do love to argue, huh?

Only when other people are wrong.

Seriously? That's your argument? He could still make games as a hobby in his free time but have a real job that he does also. But, why only do it as a hobby would he could be doing it as a career?

No. My argument is that the very idea that anyone would work without caring about money is ludicrous. If Nintendo walked up to Miyamoto tomorrow and told him they were cutting his salary by half he would quit. Fact.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

82. Posted:

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Where's the popcorn when you need it most?

In all seriousness, you guys need to chill before theblackdragon "Batman-swoops" down upon us.

[/div]

Waltz/AlexSays (where is the latter, btw?).

Guess he went back to his busy life style and now we won't see him again until the 4DS and Wii V.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

83. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Where's the popcorn when you need it most?

In all seriousness, you guys need to chill before theblackdragon "Batman-swoops" down upon us.

[/div]

[/div]

Waltz/AlexSays (where is the latter, btw?).

[/div]

Guess he went back to his busy life style and now we won't see him again until the 4DS and Wii V.

Nooooooooo and I was having a good day too D: D: D:

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

84. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

If Nintendo walked up to Miyamoto tomorrow and told him they were cutting his salary by half he would quit. Fact.

I honestly think he would be very sad doing that though...

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

85. Posted:

FOREST_RANGER wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

If Nintendo walked up to Miyamoto tomorrow and told him they were cutting his salary by half he would quit. Fact.

[/div]

I honestly think he would be very sad doing that though...

Of course. Miyamoto clearly likes working for Nintendo.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

86. Posted:

@LollipopChoSaw I noticed you ignored most of what I said. I wonder why...

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

87. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

@LollipopChoSaw I noticed you ignored most of what I said. I wonder why...

Because those bits weren't related to facts any more.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

88. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

@LollipopChoSaw I noticed you ignored most of what I said. I wonder why...

[/div]

Because those bits weren't related to facts any more.

You posted he was a child. That is a fact.
Yeah that's right I'm going there :p

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

89. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

@LollipopChoSaw I noticed you ignored most of what I said. I wonder why...

[/div]

[/div]

Because those bits weren't related to facts any more.

[/div]

You posted he was a child. That is a fact.
Yeah that's right I'm going there :p

I stand by my assessment of his age, based on his behaviours and world perspective, and working on the cultural assumption that until the age of 18 people are socially children :P

I would be a million that I'm not more than 5 years out :P

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

90. Posted:

I don't even know who is the only one who sounds smart is

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

91. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

moomoo wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

@LollipopChoSaw I noticed you ignored most of what I said. I wonder why...

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Because those bits weren't related to facts any more.

[/div]

[/div]

You posted he was a child. That is a fact.
Yeah that's right I'm going there :p

[/div]

I stand by my assessment of his age, based on his behaviours and world perspective, and working on the cultural assumption that until the age of 18 people are socially children :P

I would be a million that I'm not more than 5 years out :P

Crap. Quite the comeback. I just can't seem to win.
I'd say that one cannot come to the conclusion that he is under 18 based on the style of his writing, his use of vocabulary on a place where acronyms are everywhere (i.e. the internet) and the witiness of his statements, but I'm 17, so who am I to talk? :p

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

92. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Where's the popcorn when you need it most?

In all seriousness, you guys need to chill before theblackdragon "Batman-swoops" down upon us.

[/div]

[/div]

The only thing that's old about Waltz/AlexSays (where is the latter, btw?) vs. random NLifers is you always coming in to tell everyone to stop arguing before they get banned. In all seriousness.

[/div]

If they were banned I'd just stop coming to this website. They make it interesting :).
They do know when to stop, though. They're not like a certain turtle who just don't know when to quit.

Untitled

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

93. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

moomoo wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

@LollipopChoSaw I noticed you ignored most of what I said. I wonder why...

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Because those bits weren't related to facts any more.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

You posted he was a child. That is a fact.
Yeah that's right I'm going there :p

[/div]

[/div]

I stand by my assessment of his age, based on his behaviours and world perspective, and working on the cultural assumption that until the age of 18 people are socially children :P

I would be a million that I'm not more than 5 years out :P

[/div]

Crap. Quite the comeback. I just can't seem to win.
I'd say that one cannot come to the conclusion that he is under 18 based on the style of his writing, his use of vocabulary on a place where acronyms are everywhere (i.e. the internet) and the witiness of his statements, but I'm 17, so who am I to talk? :p

This is true, and I shall be apologising if I'm proven wrong. (I'm actually a lousy judge of age, you should have taken me up on my bet) :P

I generally try and predict people's ages online based on the clarity of opinion - children and young adults rarely have clear opinions. They're usually still figuring out exactly what they believe in, at which point they become cynical stubborn old men like me :P

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

94. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

moomoo wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

moomoo wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

@LollipopChoSaw I noticed you ignored most of what I said. I wonder why...

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Because those bits weren't related to facts any more.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

You posted he was a child. That is a fact.
Yeah that's right I'm going there :p

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I stand by my assessment of his age, based on his behaviours and world perspective, and working on the cultural assumption that until the age of 18 people are socially children :P

I would be a million that I'm not more than 5 years out :P

[/div]

[/div]

Crap. Quite the comeback. I just can't seem to win.
I'd say that one cannot come to the conclusion that he is under 18 based on the style of his writing, his use of vocabulary on a place where acronyms are everywhere (i.e. the internet) and the witiness of his statements, but I'm 17, so who am I to talk? :p

[/div]

This is true, and I shall be apologising if I'm proven wrong. (I'm actually a lousy judge of age, you should have taken me up on my bet) :P

I generally try and predict people's ages online based on the clarity of opinion - children and young adults rarely have clear opinions. They're usually still figuring out exactly what they believe in, at which point they become cynical stubborn old men like me :P

Eh, there's no real point in making a bet. My "I'm 17" statement proves my point. The equally wonderful and scary thing about the internet is its very hard to determine the age and gender of a person. This lets people who are kind of separated from society due to interests or intelligence gain something great from the internet, putting them on equal footing with adults. I remember this being a part of Atsuro's character in Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor on the DS; it's part of why he's one of my favorite characters in entertainment, regardless of medium. I was truly able to identify with that sense of community, only bested by the kind I recieve in my church. However, this age disguise also acts as something that can be trully horrifying in this world, most notably in the internet acting as a potential key place for child molestors to potentially pick targets, which is one of the most disgusting acts to ever take place.
Case in point, I would've taken you up on your bet, but there's no way I'd do it based on the principle, unless if you all think I'm a part of the lower average on the sophitication of posts on this particular forum.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

95. Posted:

Sheesh, could you guys stop talking about me like I'm not even here?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

96. Posted:

I'm going to try to ignore the past three pages of non-conversation and go back to a comment of Waltz' about the Wii U simply offering a reverse on the iPad+Apple TV experience.

Functionally this is true, however only from a single player gaming perspective and that similarity frankly isn't that relevant when you consider that the Wii's success and the Wii U's intent is down to multi-player gaming. Now I game alone, but the fact is that I know I'm a niche part of the Wii-gaming market. The Wii's being a family entertainment machine combined with easy to apprehend control mechanism is what made it a success. They are already bigging up the confluence of Gamepad and existing Remote+Nunchuk interface to change things up with asymmetric multi-player gaming.

I'm sure games in iPad/AppleTV-land supports multi-player, but I seriously doubt anyone in their right mind is going to have a stack of spare iPads lying about to hand to their mates after a night at the pub, or for the next kiddie sleepover.

And just in case there's any confusion about biases, I own a 3rd gen iPad and I do most of my gaming on it these days, but I still plan to buy a Wii U. No AppleTV, but that's only because I have a Mac Mini hooked up to my plasma.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

xBASSxMONSTAx

97. Posted:

I think the Wii-U will do just fine. It will sell really well because of their A+ titles like mario, pokemon, kirby and loads more..

I'm more concerned about the Sony's next gen console their PS4. If it has the same success as their Vita is having currently then Sony are screwed seriously. Their getting really desperate now you can tell, The PlayStation Allstars game just showes that they have ran out off idea's and are now stealing/ripping off Nintendo.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they copied something from the Wii-U and added it on the PS4!

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

98. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Yeah. Microsoft's in it for the money, sony's in it for the spite and nintendo's in it for the love.

Hoo boy...

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

99. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

I think the Wii-U will do just fine. It will sell really well because of their A+ titles like mario, pokemon, kirby and loads more..

I'm more concerned about the Sony's next gen console their PS4. If it has the same success as their Vita is having currently then Sony are screwed seriously. Their getting really desperate now you can tell, The PlayStation Allstars game just showes that they have ran out off idea's and are now stealing/ripping off Nintendo.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they copied something from the Wii-U and added it on the PS4!

Uhm... you think they're just NOW out of ideas? Do you know where the name "playstation" came from?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

xBASSxMONSTAx

100. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

I think the Wii-U will do just fine. It will sell really well because of their A+ titles like mario, pokemon, kirby and loads more..

I'm more concerned about the Sony's next gen console their PS4. If it has the same success as their Vita is having currently then Sony are screwed seriously. Their getting really desperate now you can tell, The PlayStation Allstars game just showes that they have ran out off idea's and are now stealing/ripping off Nintendo.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they copied something from the Wii-U and added it on the PS4!

[/div]

[/div]

Uhm... you think they're just NOW out of ideas? Do you know where the name "playstation" came from?

[/div]

No and I don't actually care. Sony always rip off Nintendo, Its not even funny. Nintendo should sue next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UylpMVXwug

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx