Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U and the state of the industry

Showing 101 to 120 of 174

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

101. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

No and I don't actually care. Sony always rip off Nintendo, Its not even funny. Nintendo should sue next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UylpMVXwug

While I may agree that, at times, Sony's rather evident lack of innovation can prove rather sneaky, I doubt Nintendo'd be able to gather enough solid evidence that Sony are "ripping off" their ideas. For example, the concept of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale does seem all too familiar, but it is definitely not a direct copy. At most, I'd say Sony only... birth their concepts from other concepts.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

102. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

No and I don't actually care. Sony always rip off Nintendo, Its not even funny. Nintendo should sue next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UylpMVXwug

[/div]

While I may agree that, at times, Sony's rather evident lack of innovation can prove rather sneaky, I doubt Nintendo'd be able to gather enough solid evidence that Sony are "ripping off" their ideas. For example, the concept of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale does seem all too familiar, but it is definitely not a direct copy. At most, I'd say Sony only... birth their concepts from other concepts.

Agreed. Plus, it's not like every idea is a copy. Yeah, they are pretty shady, but it's not like we're talking about copyright infringement copying.
Also, lets not treat Sony like scum when one of the main reasons they're in this business is because Nintendo backstabbed them.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

103. Posted:

By that definition, every company on the face of the earth copies.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

104. Posted:

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

By that definition, every company on the face of the earth copies.

Mmm. We just don't have reason to cause a hullaballoo unless it's absolutely blatant.

Edited on by GameLord08

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

105. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Also, lets not treat Sony like scum when one of the main reasons they're in this business is because Nintendo backstabbed them.

Wow. WOW. Nintendo backed out of the deal because sony was trying to screw THEM. Sony wanted the rights to ALL OF NINTENDO'S FRANCHISES and a majority of the profits. They tried to sneak that into the deal. Do some research before you talk out of your butt. Some guy at sony got mad because Nintendo didn't want to be taken over by sony, so they proceeded with their plans anyway just to try to screw over Nintendo.

Untitled

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

106. Posted:

It wasn't all of Nintendo's franchises. It was the rights to all new IP on the system that Nintendo would have made, still would have sucked though.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

107. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

moomoo wrote:

Also, lets not treat Sony like scum when one of the main reasons they're in this business is because Nintendo backstabbed them.

[/div]

Wow. WOW. Nintendo backed out of the deal because sony was trying to screw THEM. Sony wanted the rights to ALL OF NINTENDO'S FRANCHISES and a majority of the profits. They tried to sneak that into the deal. Do some research before you talk out of your butt. Some guy at sony got mad because Nintendo didn't want to be taken over by sony, so they proceeded with their plans anyway just to try to screw over Nintendo.

Untitled

Yes, and instead of Nintendo just flat-out declining, they went over to Philips after the partnership was announced by Sony and went with them instead, effectively saying "we don't need you, we couldn't care less about your position".
Make sure to present all of the facts before saying I'm talking out of my butt.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mandoble

108. Posted:

True, and so the PS/PSOne and then PS2 were created, obliterating Nintendo and Sega from the home consoles market until the arrival of the Wii, and even then Wii sales numbers are ridiculous compared with these of the PlayStations.

PS/PSone: 130.5 M sold
PS2: 153.19 M sold
PS3: 64 M sold
Total: 348 M sold

N64: 32.9 M sold
Game Cube: 21.24 M sold
Wii: 96.5 M sold
Total: 151 M sold

Nintendo must be still hiting their heads against walls because of that betrayal

Mandoble

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

109. Posted:

I love it when people get super personal and defensive about materialistic things.

Also, (I think it was in this thread but not 100% sure (it's late and I've had a little bit)) I struggle to really accept the views from anti-Sony (I guess you could call them that) that they're gonna fail, using their Vita sales.

As Mandoble posted, sales fluxuate. Nintendo had crap sales N64-DS while Sony rolled in it.

Heck, even the 3DS was poorly recieved until it dropped it's price. Sony will be fine, and at the end of the day, the more companies, the better it is for all of you guys.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

110. Posted:

I'm also rather surprised at the negativity surrounding the Vita based on its current sales figures, especially when we have all seen the terribly appalling start that 3DS had at first, yet look at its present welfare in the market now.

The Vita is actually an amazing piece of hardware for a handheld, and I am one of the few who are rather upset to see its current reception; a lot of this can be attributed to both the handheld's cost, in conjunction with the costs of all the propietary memory cards that were mandatory for purchase, (and these weren't even cheap) and then we need to buy at least one game to accompany it. All this amounts to one very big bundle of expense. But with the inclusion of considerably money-considerate bundles being introduced, as well as a significant increase of consumer interest (with fantastic new games such as Tearaway, and the new PlayStation Mobile service coming), the Vita should see itself a rise in patronage.

Sales figures are never definite, and certainly do not directly represent the worth or brilliance of a console - many factors come into play when it comes to figures, and things can turn around with all the right decisions on a company's part.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

scrubbyscum999

111. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

Nintendo must be still hiting their heads against walls because of that betrayal

I highly doubt it. Nintendo is making plenty of money and there will always be competitors. It was a crappy deal, and Nintendo just decided to rub it in their face afterwards. Was it right? No, but they are company and I'm sure like all other companies they do a lot of mean things. Sony would have found a way to get into the market one way or another anyways. Competition is good and the good thing about this generation is that even if the Wii U doesn't sell great they will still be around, it's not like their in critical mode. This is however a great chance to correct past mistakes with the Wii. Oh yeah, you spelled "hitting" wrong.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mandoble

112. Posted:

Trainer_DJ wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

Nintendo must be still hiting their heads against walls because of that betrayal

I highly doubt it.

If it was so crappy nintendo must have renegotiated it, and if not possible then break the deal, but never the way that they did. All of a sudden they have Sony in front of them with the big club and about to break all their heads, as they did. The result was Sega out of business and Nintendo relegated to a residual home console provider during 12 years, I wonder how that deal can be worse than that.

BTW, the Vita has way longer legs than 3DS, time will tell.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

113. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

Trainer_DJ wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

Nintendo must be still hiting their heads against walls because of that betrayal

[/div]

I highly doubt it.

[/div]

If it was so crappy nintendo must have renegotiated it, and if not possible then break the deal, but never the way that they did. All of a sudden they have Sony in front of them with the big club and about to break all their heads, as they did. The result was Sega out of business and Nintendo relegated to a residual home console provider during 12 years, I wonder how that deal can be worse than that.

BTW, the Vita has way longer legs than 3DS, time will tell.

Judging from what Sony was expecting from Nintendo, I'm pretty sure there was some major resilience on their part on the issue of re-negotiation. Hence their rather disputable actions.

And for the sake of argument, do justify your statement regarding the Vita having longer legs than the 3DS.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mandoble

114. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

And for the sake of argument, do justify your statement regarding the Vita having longer legs than the 3DS.

Is not that obvious? 3DS is pretty limited compared to Vita in all and every aspect, specially for game control (dual analogs, multitouch screen and back pad). Vita allows you not only far more flexible control schemes, but also far more power as well, it is ready to support any kind of games. Vita will be alive years after the dead of the 3DS. And now we have the new cross play/cross buy between PS3 and Vita, and then we will have the same for PS4/Vita, something that is imposible between 3DS and WiiU.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage
Avatar

scrubbyscum999

115. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

And for the sake of argument, do justify your statement regarding the Vita having longer legs than the 3DS.

[/div]

Is not that obvious? 3DS is pretty limited compared to Vita in all and every aspect, specially for game control (dual analogs, multitouch screen and back pad). Vita allows you not only far more flexible control schemes, but also far more power as well, it is ready to support any kind of games. Vita will be alive years after the dead of the 3DS. And now we have the new cross play/cross buy between PS3 and Vita, and then we will have the same for PS4/Vita, something that is imposible between 3DS and WiiU.

You haven't been paying any attention during the seventh generation have you? I mean literally everything you just said is something someone would say when the PSP and the DS came out. Now anything can happen and the Vita may actually be a big competitor this time around, but I seriously wouldn't get my hopes up. Nintendo has had the handheld market pretty much on lockdown for a long time.

Plus in the post before that you claimed Nintendo has been reduced to a "residual home console provider during 12 years". You act like Nintendo has been doing horrible since the Playstation came around. From what I have seen Nintendo has done fine. They didn't win the fifth and sixth console wars but they weren't crawling on their bellies about to die. They made good games and were fairly successful. Nintendo has never really been in a real "about to die" situation. If anything Sony is closer to a situation like that right now than anybody has since Sega, and that ain't saying much because I doubt Sony is really going anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

116. Posted:

@Trainer_DJ: Thank you for saving me from typing out a tiring speech pointing out the inadequecies of his argument. Remind me to spare you a muffin later.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

117. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

PS/PSone: 130.5 M sold
PS2: 153.19 M sold
PS3: 64 M sold

So what if Sony's best days are obviously behind them. I'm not worried. Surely we'll still be able to find something to play music and movies on.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

118. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

And for the sake of argument, do justify your statement regarding the Vita having longer legs than the 3DS.

[/div]

[/div]

Is not that obvious? 3DS is pretty limited compared to Vita in all and every aspect, specially for game control (dual analogs, multitouch screen and back pad). Vita allows you not only far more flexible control schemes, but also far more power as well, it is ready to support any kind of games. Vita will be alive years after the dead of the 3DS. And now we have the new cross play/cross buy between PS3 and Vita, and then we will have the same for PS4/Vita, something that is imposible between 3DS and WiiU.

[/div]

Quality games for both the PSP (Gungir comes to mind) and the DS (Devil Survivor 2 comes to mind) came out this year. It was the same kind of graphical difference. Thus, your point can't be proven yet, since the DS and PSP have lasted just as long as each other, despite the PSP having a significant difference in graphics.
The PSP had a stick, the DS had two screen and a touch screen.
It's the same difference here, except the DS has added a stick (Circle Pad) and still has two screens with a touch screen, and the Vita has another stick and a touch screen. Different things can be done with the devices in meaningful ways: there are games that simply cannot be done on devices without two screens. Just look at The World Ends With You and 999.
Your point makes sense, but your logic is inconsistent with what has happened. Games keep coming out for a system due to its popularity, not becauase of its power. The PS2 lasted longer than the Gamecube and Xbox, despite not being as powerful yet having the same kind of control set-up. This was due to its popularity.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

119. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

[Vita] is ready to support any kind of [game].

Which is why it has nothing. ZING!!

Seriously though, Sony's been marketing the Vita very poorly. It came out and instead of advertising the great HD, the cool games, the intuitive controls, the touchscreen, or even the User Interface; Sony advertised the living hell out of Near and Cross Platform Play. Well, that's great and all, but what about everything else? I'm not even kidding. I haven't seen any adverts for Vita games at all. I only see Cross Platform Play adverts. The 3DS got so much advertisement that it was crazy. They had the guys playing Starfox, Resident Evil, Mario, and showing off the video recording feature, they had the price drop announcements, and they had the commercials for all of the big-hit games like Ocarina of Time, Mario Tennis Open, and Mario Kart 7. The only time I hear about Vita games is if I go looking for it or during E3.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mandoble

120. Posted:

Vita has nothing?? Vita has excellent games already, Uncharted, MGS HD, Little Deviants, Mortal Kombat, Escape Plan, Every body's golf, Lumines, Motor Storm RC, Gravity Rush, Disgaea, Wipeout are all pretty good games, in fact its current collection is more solid than the 3DS one in the West, lets add the access to some hundreds of PSP games as well and PS1 ones next month. What do we have for 3DS? Mario Karts and Mario Land? Perhaps the old OOT? What else? Few might say the horrible KI or the 10 meters ahead rendering RE, and that's all. GBA has way better games than 3DS, but 3DS has longer legs, same happens between Vita and 3DS, but in this case 3DS dont even have a clear advantage in games.

Mandoble