Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U and the state of the industry

Showing 161 to 174 of 174

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

161. Posted:

Why does everyone feel the need to compare these two consoles. Just buy both and be happy :D

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

DeMoN-13ruce

162. Posted:

I have both and enjoy them both soon ac 3 liberation^^

but i guess te wii u fine if the price is right

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

163. Posted:

Real gamers would have both. Fact. :3

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

moomoo

164. Posted:

@OlympicCho
Real gamers with money and time to play both of them.
Unless if all real gamers have both of those in spades. Then I guess you're right.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Bankai

165. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

@OlympicCho
Unless if all real gamers have both of those in spades. Then I guess you're right.

Real gamers are like Chuck Norris: They don't need to make money and time to play games. Money and time gets out of the way when a real gamer is coming.

AuthorMessage

Minny

166. Posted:

To the Topic Creator:

You bring up some very valid points on all fronts. What I believe in is that where ever you turn, there are "things" or "items" that are here to "entertain" you. Whether that is playing a Mario game, watching a Football match, or growing cabbage on a social gathering site, people are looking to be entertained, in some form or another.

The die hards or "hard core" gamer will always shell out money to play games, however they make up a very small percentage of total video game players. It's similar to how most people play "Freemium" games on their smart phones, and only 1-3% of people actually upgrade in these games. The problem with consoles is certain software developers are pushing the hardware companies to make more powerful machines that don't make the hardware company any money for years, so they resort to licensing fees and subscription models to make money.

The issue today really is we are in a depressed economy globally and companies are not going to take chances of investing millions of dollars into an idea only for it to fail. It's all about how they can makes as much $$$ as possible, and that $$$ comes from your desire to be entertained. I mean, the game Max Payne 3, which released the same day as Diablo III, needed to sell 4 million units to "break even." Well, they won't hit that mark, and now that company will lose millions. Video game budgets have gone through the roof, just like Hollywood movies, and unless companies can meet their sales expectations of selling millions of copies of one game, you will see more software developers go under.

If you watched E3, there was little to no talk about games on the Xbox, only Connect and how to make your Xbox an all inclusive media hub.

When it comes to games, I want games, not a console that allows me to watch youtube, like things on facebook, etc. That is what computers/tablets/smartphones are for. I want to play games.

The other thing with the industry is certain themes and genres are tried and true. Mario will always sells millions of copies world wide, it's like the Disney of video games. In North America, FPS games will always be top sellers in some form or another. It's been like that for a very long time.

Minny

AuthorMessage

moomoo

167. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

moomoo wrote:

@OlympicCho

[/div]

Real gamers are like Chuck Norris: They don't need to make money and time to play games. Money and time gets out of the way when a real gamer is coming.

That statement says that there are those who exist who could be considered similar to Chuck Norris.
You might want to watch what you post.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Bankai

168. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

moomoo wrote:

@OlympicCho

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

That statement says that there are those who exist who could be considered similar to Chuck Norris.
You might want to watch what you post.

It's ok. I can afford to hire The Expendibles to take care of Chuck if he comes after me.

Seriously, that's the plot for the third movie.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

169. Posted:

@OlympicCho Chuck Norris could destroy every member of The Expendibles by the thought just coming to him. Fact.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

170. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

@OlympicCho Chuck Norris could destroy every member of The Expendibles by the thought just coming to him. Fact.

Bruce Lee could destroy Chuck Norris by a fraction of the thought just coming to him. Fact. :D

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

171. Posted:

Um, since when was this thread about Chuck Norris and The Expendibles? Just asking...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

172. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Um, since when was this thread about Chuck Norris and The Expendibles? Just asking...

It was always about Chuck Norris and the Expendables. What thread are you on?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16 | Steam ID: urm0ma

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

moomoo

173. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

moomoo wrote:

[/div]

Bruce Lee could destroy Chuck Norris by a fraction of the thought just coming to him. Fact. :D

Look at the facts. Chuck Norris is still alive. Bruce Lee is not.
Why do you think that is?

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

174. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

moomoo wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Look at the facts. Chuck Norris is still alive. Bruce Lee is not.
Why do you think that is?

He's not dead; only out of our mortal sights.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf